1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google In A Time Warp - Strange Roll Back?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Dio, Jun 25, 2006.

I'm looking at my stats and seeing a massive drop in Google visitors, so I go investigate. Previously, I ranked top 5 for the word Chav (shuddit) - Now, I don't usually follow my keyword rankings and all that, but that one I have, in passing. I look at the results today, and I'm nowhere on the first 50.

I know there's lots of hiccups at the mo, but looking at the result, a lot of less relevant pages that had disappeared from the SERPs for months have suddenly shot back in. In fact, it almost looks the same as the SERPs for term, over 6 months ago and pre Big Daddy.

Another site, this one was launched post big daddy, but ranks top for its name weird nations now doesn't appear. However, a raft of my sites that are older than Big Daddy, but have since used the term, do appear?

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Is there some major rollback balls up? I'm worried now, as these site both carry Co-op - could it be releated? Any one have an idea?

Dio, Jun 25, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker likes this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Serps change all the time, nothing new about it. Even seeing changes of 50 or more spots is nothing new. Happens all the time.

fryman, Jun 25, 2006 IP
  3. Golfboards

Golfboards Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing results in the SERPs from 2+ months ago as well. Seems to be a strange rollback. Plus we ended up in supplemental result hell again and G dropped about 250,000 of our natural pages from one of our forums. No black hat, no stinky link exchange spammy junk, just a pure old fashioned whooping from G on this one.

Golfboards, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  4. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact that I can look in the index/cache and see the pages from over a year ago. Unfortunalty current content is more relevant to my revenue...

ServerUnion, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  5. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's down to what's going on in the Google Penalizing Coop Sites thread - I hadn't spotted that until right after I posted this.

Dio, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  6. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    This doesn't make sense as I have sites with this issue that have never seen the light of an ad network or even a rec.link for that matter.

ServerUnion, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  7. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem is, there seems to be a whole range of issue mixed up with this one, which makes seperating the fact from the fiction difficult. Over the weekend the problem has hit mine and a number of other Coop sites (the ones that carry links, not the recievees of the links) - To quote Minstrel on a couple of threads, Google seems to be well and truly broken. :)

Dio, Jun 26, 2006 IP