1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is google getting more and more annoying?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JEET, Mar 29, 2019.

1. JEET

JEET Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Mr_Kumar
    Your SEO logic I understand. But have you checked the results after the last update, around September?
    They pulled out really ancient websites and placed them on top. Design, user friendliness, information display methods of these websites were probably last updated in 1999...
    Some of these websites are not even showing correct data or "proper" information.
    Not to mention, these websites are full of ads, and are sometimes impossible to load specially if I am on my alternate internet connection.

For example, if you search for the term "Ashokley analysis"
    all you will get is ancient websites with charts of Ashok Leyland stock, "NO ANALYSIS"
    Ancient websites like moneycontrol and investing which are merely showing charts are the websites on top...

You would assume that google's "algo brain" would understand that the person is looking for analysis of Ashok Leyland stock in plain and simple English, its not there.

I am thinking that google's algo is working something like this:
    First it looks into specially hand picked, old sites for the keyword.
    If it finds an exact match, it shows it, else shows the most closest result from same old websites,
    doesn't matter if its actually closest or useful.
    Sometimes, all those 10 results are pretty much showing the same thing, in the same order, just a different domain and different template.
    They just decided that these old websites have to and have to go on top, even if they do not have proper info.
    SEMrush
    Next is their HTTPS thing, even if the website does not require the user to enter any personal info.

Some of the most crap websites have started ranking on top because of just these 2 rules.

JEET, Apr 21, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn and Mr_Kumar like this.
    SEMrush
  2. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hope things will become good in the near future.

Mr_Kumar, Apr 22, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Robert_Sheerhoon28

Robert_Sheerhoon28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha yes, maybe it's like this for some reason. Could make sense.

Robert_Sheerhoon28, Apr 23, 2019 IP
  4. mingzafer

mingzafer Peon

Best Answers:
    yes everything is getting harder now.

mingzafer, Jul 17, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thing is Google have the market share and comfortably they know that they are the search engine everybody goes to, so they are spending the majority of their time and effort now on getting more people/companies spending in AdWords.

johneva, Jul 18, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. sith-lord-of-the-flies

sith-lord-of-the-flies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually Google is completely removing websites from their serps.

For example, if you take a post from this forum and put it in Bing, Yahoo, MSN, Duckduckgo etc etc and you will most probably find the post on first page of serps.

If say you then try and view the site in Google, it generally doesn't appear FULL STOP...

But then if you do the same search in speech marks in google, you then see the post in first page.

I have done this as a test and on the ones I tested, the post was not in any of pages PERIOD...

This means that Google is deliberately removing pages from the serps in favour of sites such as Quora, stack exchange.

Google could be trying to force people to use Adwords opposed to SEO - In my opinion, they will quickly drive themselves into an early grave.

I have no started using Bing on all company machines and am advising anyone who uses Google to stop - that way they will eventually reduce market share and maybe, just maybe cease their bullying campaign on the world.

And there was me thinking that the Nazi party had long since died...

sith-lord-of-the-flies, Jul 19, 2019 IP
    rainbowgod, JEET and mmerlinn like this.
  7. JEET

JEET Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @sith-lord-of-the-flies
    I too have noticed this. Google is favouring some websites even if they do not have proper content, like Quora for example.
    Most of the times, people are just copy pasting same answers over and over in quora...
    They have also started favouring ancient websites over new modern websites.

I thought I was the only one facing problems. Thanks for sharing your views guys!

JEET, Jul 22, 2019 IP
  8. sith-lord-of-the-flies

sith-lord-of-the-flies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jeet,

You are definitely not the only person. I have quite a few developer friends who have all ceased to use Google now.

I remember back in the day when everyone started to use Google, I truly can see the same trend now, but in reverse.

People will only ever be bullied for a certain period before retaliating, I think that "certain period" has now expired for them :)

sith-lord-of-the-flies, Jul 25, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. rainbowgod

rainbowgod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great comment,

It is interesting how so many other users are seeing how Google are manipulating their results!

rainbowgod, Aug 20, 2019 IP