1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is google Dying ?!

Discussion in 'Google' started by mimozo, Apr 4, 2013.

1. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Google can't die..:)
    And also SEO is evolving not dying..Where there is a Google there is a way for SEO...;)

afoley77, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  2. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is still alive & also will alive because of their good strategy & products.

OSSEO, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What the hell are you talking about, google (as a company) has been established in September 1998!
    Facebook was founded in 2004!
    The PUBLIC internet (although different as we see/use it now) is since the yearly '90s. Have a look here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

Off theme - just an opinion, I am a huge hater of both google and facebook. I cannot think of a decent word to categorize FB as I've never had a personal one and do not plan to. Google at the other hand are just greedy bastards who manipulate their results (just as we try to do) in order to sell more ads via adwords. In my eyes it is simple just like that.

Back to the point, are they dying? Every company/product has its life-cycle, so eventually they will, or change dramatically. Considering their recent so called spam-free results (which are full of empty or even dropped sites), there will be a day that not only we webmasters/IMs will be aware of. So sooner or later they will. Plus the common users are becoming more and more ad-blindly - guess and that's the reason for their behavior with all the 'animal' updates, which actually yield worse results, so that we all buy ads in order to sell smth...
    NO DEAL for me in that sense :)

Again off-theme - will SEO die? I doubt it as long as there are search engines. But it also changes very fast, just as one should do as well if wants to stay around...

abraxas, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  4. Yogesh Giri

Yogesh Giri Member

Best Answers:
    Google will never dying. It can changes their search policy

Yogesh Giri, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  5. ArticlesUK

ArticlesUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Completely agree. All businesses fail at some point but social media will be the first to go. Ultimately people will want to find product or info on the internet and what do you really get from facebook or twitter?

ArticlesUK, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  6. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google is alive and kicking. dont worry/.

dotcompals, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  7. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure?
    Have a look at examples for their results here across DP's threads!
    I think it will take some time, but I do believe that adsense/adwords era is about to end.... not now, but doubt it will take more than few years!

abraxas, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  8. mimozo

mimozo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep ,
    Like we remember , Yahoo was so powerful in its age and no one believed that it will be wiped from the market one day .
    the MSN also and its messenger , someone has predicted that it will be absorbed by Skype ?

The cycle of life is turning , and no one can predict the end .

:)

mimozo, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  9. DayTrader79

DayTrader79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google will die when some other competitor will provide better way to search the web.
    I hope this time will come soon since Google is the biggest hypocrite.

DayTrader79, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If Google adapts to evolving markets, technology, and internet users' changing habits, it will be here for a long time. I fully expect them to keep pace with changes in order to stay relevant.

Jim4767, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No way, Google and Facebook won`t die.

webcosmo, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  12. driftinghere

driftinghere Peon

Best Answers:
    if google die, what search engine we should use? its very funny who thoght google will die...hahaha

driftinghere, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  13. eMarketingTools

eMarketingTools Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i agree with you,google won't die:cool:

eMarketingTools, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  14. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    In order for Google to die, an alternative is needed. Since no alternative is out there, Google is not dying anytime soon. Unless you think MSN is an alternative.

Anyway, if Google dies and MSN take over, I would rather die and go down with Google!

Bedwan, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  15. patriciaaj

patriciaaj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really don't think so. Google is like God.

patriciaaj, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  16. tekkers

tekkers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google is adapting and still the number one place for search, if you need to search something from the web you "google it"

the changes made my google are excellent as they have stopped alot of people using short cuts to get high search rankings

tekkers, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  17. Solid_Nuts

Solid_Nuts Active Member

Best Answers:
    The rise of mobile devices/apps will make Google search less dominant , how much is hard to say without proper research. Google already knows this and that's why it already has a strong foot hold with android.

Solid_Nuts, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  18. Fosterseo

Fosterseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think people are caring about it but the old school "SEO" of just linkbuilding is dying. What people care about now is how many facebook likes they have, twitter follows, social appearance and many other things than just "How many links do I have?". Google is not dying but getting smarter.

Fosterseo, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  19. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No,never google will not die.google is the world largest search engine becouse of it's unique algorithmic systems it's very popular.:)

ushahm, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  20. BayCrazy

BayCrazy Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody still uses Google; a competing search-engine may (and probably will) someday come along and rival or even superceed them. I know this seems profoundly unlikely due to how far ahead and implanted in the public psyche they are... but this has looked the case with many gigantic websites or services in the past. Just look at MySpace; it came before FB and was the true initial monster social network, and it looked like it was unstoppable... then FB just steamtrained it.

Also don't forget, Yahoo was first - Google just triumphed them completely.

No company is invincible. People are fickle and if something comes along that captures the imagination or tickles the visual fancy in a new way, there's every chance people will disregard old for new just based on the feeling of a new excitement, like unwrapping a new present.

I understand what you are saying though... I haven't properly researched it but I do sense what you sense. I don't think it's that Google is dying, just that people's searching and sharing habits are changing - these days; people find and hold on to valued resources and share those resources with their friends, socially and via word-of-mouth, far more than ever before... and a lot of people discover new content and websites far more via social interaction.

No doubt a plethora of people worldwide still search and will always search, I know I do; it's necessary... but I understand what you're feeling. There's a shift in the zeitgeist. Somewhere.

BayCrazy, Apr 15, 2013 IP