1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google Down?

Discussion in 'Google' started by North Carolina SEO, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday There was a big attack on my sites bandwidth from google bots and I'm happy for that.
    There are 74000 pages are indexed by google of my just one site! WOW
    Look here:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 73,700 from winkeyfinder.com for . (0.18 seconds)

Imran, May 8, 2005 IP
  2. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:

That's not right. I shouldn't be flamed for checking other sites. I should have freedom of post! :rolleyes:

I don't only check DP...I have a number of forums I frequent as well as blogs, message boards, etc. DP is one forum I participate most in...the others I usually just browse.

antonaf, May 8, 2005 IP
  3. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    Holy Cow what's going on here lol.... Google and all Google services were working fine for me the last hours. Using Arcor DSL in Germany.

Chrissicom, May 8, 2005 IP
  4. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    winkeyfinder.com is that site rude :eek:

DarrenC, May 8, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No one is flaming you A, I just said to leave a link from WMW is a waste of time since you have to have a paid membership to read it....

So what is the link worth to us who can not read it??????

All I am saying is don't post links that people can not read, tell us what it said in your words. :eek:

PS: ____ WMW :eek: :eek: :eek:

anthonycea, May 8, 2005 IP
  6. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by rude? Please explain!

Imran, May 8, 2005 IP
  7. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, for those banned from WWW the thread was posted May 4th and it is about how Google Adwords and Adsense stats have been delayed. It seems ever since the addition of the Google Web Accelerator that the Google network has been having more problems. In the thread some mention that they were unable to access certain pages within Google, getting "Page Cannot Be Displayed"....this was posted May 5th

My theory was that Google network had been experiencing issues but they did not relay this information to its customers and the network going down was scheduled or emergency repair.

P.S.
    Google has a new tool in Adwords under the Tools section titled "Campaign Negative Sites"...so this tells me that some update took place.

antonaf, May 8, 2005 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Paying who? I've never had to pay. I was able to get to that link and read the posts just fine. What are you talking about?

Mia, May 8, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you a member there Mia because this is what I get when I click on the link :eek:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For four years we have operated Webmasterworld under the quiet terms of a contributionware site. It continues to be our goal to raise the quality of material available on Webmasterworld and to remain an independent site that serves the community. It has been by the generosity of our members we have not only been able to do that, but have become known net wide as an authoritative source on search engine optimization and marketing matters.

Why you would want to subscribe is best heard from the members in this thread entitled Why Should I Subscribe?.

As with any top site that achieves the success on the order that we have, expenses also grow. Dozens of gigabytes of bandwidth per day, multiple servers, legal and business expenses have all grown dramatically in the last year to account for our (just plain) awesome growth.

We have discussed moving the site to banner ads, text ads, or affiliations with developers. Given the we'll buy advertising if we get favorable treatment in the forums environment that all community based advertising models produce, we feel strongly that this is not the route WebmasterWorld would be comfortable following.

If you would like to subscribe to Webmasterworld please click on one of the PayPal links above and fill out the form at their secure https site. We are a verified PayPal Premier business member and you can verify our status by clicking on the verified seal in the lower right. If you wish to pay by check or money order (US funds), our postal address is on the about screen (link at bottom).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You must have paid the bastards and have a cookie in your box or you would have not been able to see it, now tell us the truth, are you a member and when did you pay :confused:

10. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    I can get to the forum Index but I am asked to log in if I try to view a thread. I once registered with them but they don't seem to be honoring that registration now. In general I find WMW more trouble than it's worth and find better information on smaller forums.

On rare occasions when something really important is posted at WMW it usually gets quoted elswhere...

Andi

Andi, May 8, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
  12. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:

I use to get that message until I just registered without paying anything. Its a gimmick. If you register without paying it registers just the same. But the entire time it makes it seem like you have to pay. I believe this is only for geo-targeted IP's who get this type of message...but if you go through the registration and never pay a dime...just click continue, next, go, etc. it will go through...you probably wouldn't even realize you registered because it makes you feel like you have to pay to participate but you do not...its only one forum that you must pay for to gain access. After you register and are logged in you do not get hound for payment any longer. Its just the process of registering that is the problem.

That does suck!

Another site which uses this gimmick is experts-exchange.com I never paid a dime their either and registered fine.

antonaf, May 8, 2005 IP
  13. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    So I'll try registering again, maybe this time it will stick... Thanks for this.

Andi

Andi, May 8, 2005 IP
  14. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    I cleared my cookies just to see this message for myself...since I haven't seen it in so long. But it looks like you can just click on "need to register" underneath Member Name field. I didn't go through the entire registration process since I'm already registered but it looks like it is simplified now and does not hound you for payment. Not sure. Regardless, any info you get there is also found here at DP and sometimes I get info here at DP before it gets there because WMW Google News post must first go through a moderator approval, so it is usually late news by the time it is released.

antonaf, May 8, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I would not post there if they paid me and I hope you guys never join either, ____em :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not quite that bitter. I am simply often frustrated when their link shows up in the Google results while I'm trying to solve a problem.

Andi

Andi, May 8, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I never even bother to click on one of their links, if they are that ______ed up I do not want to see their ______ing threads :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with everything that goes on at WMW, like I don't like the favoritsm factor they play over there, but I must admit some members do contribute a wealth of knowledge and resources. I think every professional should have a network of forums they frequent. Which I do. Of course, DP is one of the best in my opinion.

antonaf, May 8, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Webmaster forums are all fine and dandy, but there are so many of them today and most of the good one's have the same cross section of members.

The problem is when you piss off that core group like they are, then they are bound to lose that core and they will sit there soon with just moderators talking to each other.

I know former mod's that mentioned that the joint is falling apart, WMW charging folks to view threads can not help reverse the "falling apart" trend.

20. zamolxes

zamolxes Peon

Best Answers:
    You could easily access the threads at WWF if you change your user agent to googlebot or something similar. ;) (I guess this is another example of "ethical" cloaking!)

zamolxes, May 8, 2005 IP