1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google doing Any Tactics with Google Webmaster Tool

Discussion in 'Google' started by seoaddict, Apr 14, 2010.

Hello Guy's,

Just want to share my some thought.
    Actually i have Targeted my country is USA in Google webmaster Tool. And my site is doing well in Google UK, Google Australia, Google India and Google Canada.
    The Interesting Thing is the competitive pages in Google UK for one of my keyword is 1,630,000 and my site is at the 4 Position at 1 Pages.
    But in Google USA my site is at 70 Position on same keyword and the Competition is only 1,610,000
    (Less then Google UK)

So i think there some Game of Google Here. Any way's Any thoughts ?

seoaddict, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you say competition, do you mean actual searches or number of search results? Where is your server located? Where geographical area are most of your links coming from? All those factors affect your SERPS.

mjewel, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  3. seoaddict

seoaddict Peon

Best Answers:
    competition= number of search results
    Where is your server located =USA
    geographical area are most of your links coming from?= USA

and i am Cheking my rankings from India...

seoaddict, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  4. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Number of search results is pretty much a worthless number. It has nothing to do with how many people actually search for the keyword, nor does it tell you how many sites are trying to rank for the keyword. Does the site mention India anywhere? You are also going to get different search results depending on where you search from. It's not uncommon to rank well in other countries and not nearly as good in the US - and the opposite is also true.

mjewel, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  5. seoaddict

seoaddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword Data from Ad words Tools=

Local Search Volume: March=201,000
    Global Monthly Search Volume March=165,000

India is mentioned in some 1 or 2 pages . But Australia, UK, Canada etc are nowhere in site . And i am Top at 1 Pages on these countries Google Search engine.

Well i don't have any back links from Australia, Canada , Ireland etc...But I am on Top.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  6. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Geo search results have a different algorithm. It seems that the US has more filters on quality of backlinks. I've had sites rank number #1 in Canada without every mentioning it, and much lower results in the US. It has nothing to do with a penalty because you chose the US in webmaster tools. It is odd that the local search volume (which I'm assuming is India) is larger than the global search volume. Are you selecting "Exact Match"?

mjewel, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  7. seoaddict

seoaddict Peon

Best Answers:
    No Local search Volume is United States, and I am not using "Exact Match" .
    The other Thing i found that number of index pages. when i query site:www.mysitename.com, It show's only 1790 Pages .
    But when query site:www.mysitename.com sitename It shows 145,000.
    Interesting for me. Do you have any idea of this new behavior

8. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is about your link building strategy and the site trust. Not solely on the target setting in Google Webmaster Tools. If your site got a well ranking toward certain country but poor ranking for Google.com (US) then you need to build up more links to gain more trust.

Sxperm, Apr 15, 2010 IP