1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google cleaning their index?

Discussion in 'Google' started by LaCabra, Apr 12, 2006.

1. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google's cleaning the whole of their index so that they only leave my site in. lol

No, I wouldn't worry to much. Just keep on adding pages and getting good backlinks.

How I see it is that it is better to have a little drop in indexed pages than having a total ban.

john269, May 18, 2006 IP
  2. wisam74us

wisam74us Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    site: itself getting different results , how then other softwares.
    I check those sites manually through site: it is time consuming but I can t help it, whenever I am infront of my computer I strart doing site: I wasn t do it daily and for 50 websites in the last two years but since April 2006 I kill myself doing site: and getting mad and mad ,any way I think almost done for me few pages to drop by BigDaddy and then no need to do site: any more through Google, I v installed today MSN tool bar and make it my homepage at least things there more reasnoble

wisam74us, May 18, 2006 IP
  3. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    okay kiddies i'm seeing a little bit of progress. After getting hammered to 5xx pages this morning ... i'm up to 129K pages as of 2 mins ago ... still considerably short on the entire number of pages previously indexed ... i'm not getting too too excited because it just might be a little teaser prior to getting the famous Google Trump saying ::: You're De-Indexed!!!

Anyone else seeing any small or significant gains?

LaCabra, May 18, 2006 IP
  4. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no gains, I had 180,000 indexed pages, they dropped to 60,000, then 80 and now only 75
    but I see very much googlebot activity on the site...

rehash, May 19, 2006 IP
  5. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    For one of my sites, I went from 12000+ to 50, to 30, now to 1.

Googlebot is still visiting the site almost daily, so no idea what's going on. I uploaded a sitemap today to Google Sitemaps to see if that'd make any difference.

Cartman, May 19, 2006 IP
  6. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I went from 600---to 228. Had not looked in a while---drats.

ROAR, May 19, 2006 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For what it's worth, I'm seeing no drop in Google-indexed pages.

To the contrary, I added a newly-written page two days ago. It's indexed already in Google, showing in SERPs, and showing in site:___, along with all other indexed pages to date.

Jim4767, May 19, 2006 IP
    ROAR likes this.
  8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There are numerous other sites that haven't been affected, Jim, but that really isn't the issue. The problem is that numerous sites HAVE been affected by whatever-this-is. And that the Cutts explanation for what's going on is utter hogwash.

Like Old Welsh Guy, the site that is most affected for me does not meet ANY of the criteria Cutts claims are responsible. No Coop or LinkVault. No reciprocal linking schemes at all. Precious few outgoing links at all other than to articles relevant to the theme (mental health) and to the threads in which they are discussed. No black hat or even grey hat SEO techniques. No MFA or scraper site issues. No bought or sold links, ever, anywhere. It's a straight-up obey-all-the-rules pure-and-simple site that had a lot of pages/threads indexed and now, at least according to the site: query, has only the index page listed.

minstrel, May 19, 2006 IP
  9. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Here is what I noticed with my sites so far--I have little mini site maps for my products and a list of their features-

Look at this page for example---
    http://www.carrollcommunications.com/partnerfeatures/partnerfeatures.html

I guess it has 60 pages of features linked there---so far as I can see none of those pages are indexed...None of them are spam---just a basic description/ tech info.
    Every one of them came up #1 for the what their page title is for a year plus.

Same w. all of my files in subdirectories---

ROAR, May 19, 2006 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    True, it's not the issue. However, it may contain some answers. I'm not tech-savvy enough to do this, but perhaps someone who is could analyze a representative sample of the sites that are not being affected and see what common denominators come up.

We are already hundreds of posts into this thread, and no definitive answers have emerged. It's possible that the answers are to be found in the factors commonly found in the unaffected sites — and the absence of one or more of those factors in the affected sites.

Jim4767, May 19, 2006 IP
  11. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could it be they are trying out some filters, and they just over did it taking out everything, including quality sites.

I dont think they moved to a backup like someone else said it just wouldn't make sense with the gradual decreasing of indexed pages, it looks like rounds of some sort of filtering process...a pretty bad one as of rigth now... :cool:

BTW: My results for one site about 48K last week to 28K on monday to 9K yesterday and this morning it is at 875...

Good Reassurance that I am not alone in this :)

emil2k, May 19, 2006 IP
  12. irideflatland

irideflatland Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have a site that's a couple months old, with like 50-60 pages I think. It had about 25 pages indexed since probably a month ago, and then a couple days ago it indexed about 25 more. So no problems here either.

irideflatland, May 19, 2006 IP
  13. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Can the people not being effected please post their URLs so we can take a deeper look into the commonalities?

LaCabra, May 19, 2006 IP
  14. irideflatland

irideflatland Banned

Best Answers:
    Mine's in my sig.

irideflatland, May 19, 2006 IP
  15. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder sometimes if too few outgoing links can be just as big of an issue with Google as too many? I have quit worrying about them so much because nothing I've done in the past couple of years has made any difference one way or the other. If they index my sites, fine. If not, that's fine too. I wonder if their whole purpose is the give out misleading information, that taken literally, isn't a lie, but filled with "smoke and mirrors". Kind of like politicans on television.

markhutch, May 19, 2006 IP
  16. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is don't do anything to your sites that you wouldn't be doing normally anyway.

It's not the sites that are messed up - it's Google. It really IS Google this time.

minstrel, May 19, 2006 IP
  17. bigtimeadmin

bigtimeadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I have one site that has 150 + indexed pages [had over 400 yesterday] - problem is for some reason as of today they are all pages from the previous sites owner. I have had the site for 5 months now.

bigtimeadmin, May 19, 2006 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's http://www.jimfeeney.org

Jim4767, May 19, 2006 IP
  19. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually can some people post the effected? Would like to see if there is anyhting common...

Also please tell us what was the previous indexed pages.

emil2k, May 19, 2006 IP
  20. Caios

Caios Peon

Best Answers:
    my site is effected and it only 4 months old incase that makes a difference.

---www_shacktools_com----

Im too newb to be trusted with the power of links sorry

I have a record of the amount of indexed pages

May 3 = 100 (changed sitemap style)
    May 5 = 113
    May 10 = rose 137 to 230
    May x = 335 (not sure of exact date) (made no changes)
    May 17 = 100
    Today = 1

EDIT* My google sitemap says "Some of your pages are partially indexed", thanks google I hadn’t noticed!

Caios, May 19, 2006 IP