1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is getting banned a common thing?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by AbcAbcwebd, Aug 7, 2014.

I haven't done Adsense in years and am just starting to get back into the game with a few new blogs. As I've been reading up on everything, I've come across a lot of horror stories of people getting banned from Adsense for life over what seem like fairly small infractions. Is this a common thing?

I certainly have no intention of scamming Google. I'm not going to click my own ads or anything like that, but there seem to be a lot of specific technical stuff now regarding how you build your website. I'm trying to do everything right, but I'm worried I'm going to miss something and get banned for life before I even get my feet on the ground.

Is it really the mine field is sounds like? Or is it more, as long as you try to do the right thing, they'll work with you?

AbcAbcwebd, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  2. Michael C Vang

Michael C Vang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually it is not a common thing to be banned in Google Adsense if you follow their guidelines strictly. They are always well but sometimes they apply hard rules on publishers to save the advertisers.

Michael C Vang, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Given that there are zillions of accounts in Adsense and you read a few stories of people getting banned, does not mean its common.

Agent000, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  4. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you follow their TOS you should be ok.

soniqhost.com, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  5. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing to be afraid of if you play the game by the rules. The TOS is strict and violating the rules can cause into a ban.

quiz, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  6. vickyiori

vickyiori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is common for newcomers who don't read Adsense TOS and then come crying that they lost so much money from adsesne for no reason. Follow TOS and you're fine!!

I myself read their TOS once few weeks to keep myself updated or when I get to know if anything changed.

vickyiori, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  7. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and the common reason why adsense may banned the account is the self or invalid click and having more than one adsense account. Well, as you mention you dont have any intention scamming google. Definitely you'd be okay.

chinesegirl07, Sep 5, 2014 IP