1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Getting a like the Hardest Thing On Digital Point forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Waqar Akram, Jun 4, 2013.

1. anonymous01

anonymous01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please, no swearing. Andybody can view this forum. Lets keep Digital Point a good forum without swearing or spam.

anonymous01, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  2. Waqar Akram

Waqar Akram Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah It helped you :D

I got banned because of Go**dd* post I made I didn't knew It was not allowed to share a cheap price domain code, Sorry Digital point

Now My post has some 27 likes :D , Keep on counting SO getting like is the easiest thing on digital point
    Though still got one but I am on to it

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    Waqar Akram, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The mods are doing that by banning all rule breakers.;)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  4. Waqar Akram

Best Answers:
    So many months still one left :( :(

Waqar Akram, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  5. stan5050

stan5050 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is true,getting likes here seems to be difficult,hello guys like posts so that yours will be liked

stan5050, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your useless 1 line posts aren't worth liking.

malky66, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And they aren't worth putting through Google Translate. I tried and they came out just as gibberish as when they went in.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 9, 2014 IP
    Waqar Akram and ryan_uk like this.
  8. stan5050

stan5050 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not be abusive

stan5050, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Abusive??....are you for real??..that's not abusive, that's the cold hard truth, you have posted nothing but spammy pointless retarded crap.

malky66, Apr 9, 2014 IP
    Smyrl and ryan_uk like this.
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    @malky66 is just a "straight to the point" kind of person, so don't take his comments to heart, but instead consider them objectively.

Take a look at your post history - "this is a good website", "it looks good", "the site looks beautiful" and similar are not going to attract likes (especially on selling threads). Instead, go to a section you have knowledge about and provide some help (longer than one tiny sentence). Or the site review section and provide real feedback beyond "it looks good" (problems you encountered, what could be improved and how, etc - search Google to read about how to review a site).

ryan_uk, Apr 10, 2014 IP
    sarahk, Spoiltdiva and malky66 like this.
  11. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To me Likes are like reputation points, the more likes you've got the more likely i am to trust something you say, or trust you as a seller of an ebook or service.
    You get Likes by posting quality content, having a decent grammar and being generally helpful.

Delivering one line reply's wont get you very many likes imo.

But of course, don't let the amounts of likes cloud your own judgement or feelings.

Helge Sverre, Apr 11, 2014 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you used Google Translate this time. Nice try. ;)

fau00, Apr 12, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. mark ginn

mark ginn Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've been around for a while just general lurking occasionally buying a few sites i received a like for buying one, i generally don't need them but its a nice addition :D

mark ginn, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  14. haradeep

haradeep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm wiring for my 3rd like. I'm not a spammer.

haradeep, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  15. Waqar Akram

Best Answers:
    Keep on posting good content you will get some Good Likes :)

The post was started by me , because I was confused why likes are important on Digital point , though I have got some good business from my signature Now I know :)

Waqar Akram, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  16. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Now, as someone with a fair share of likes and best answers -- to the tune of a full third of my posts since there's BEEN a 'like' system on these forums getting them; getting likes is an easy three step process:

1) actually try to help others. This parts not rocket science. If you actually provide an answer to people's problems, you'll probably get a LIKE in return. Though as Von Braun said, "Sending a man to the moon isn't rocket science. Bringing him back alive is!"

2) Being funny goes a long ways towards getting likes. It's called a sense of humor, you should try one -- it's nice!

3) Nobody gives a flying purple fish about one sentence wonder-posts that amount to little more than a "me too!" -- see all the halfwits who respond to the endless, POINTLESS "what web editor is best" threads with the typical "dreamweaver best is you for" broken Engrish idiocy. (to go with their idiotic answer)

Then of course like any good trilogy, there's books 4 and 5.

4) Have SOME clue what you are talking about before opening your yap. If you aren't qualified to answer, DON'T....

5) Be honest in offering your opinion, no matter who you might offend. Usually if you can say something that's the truth, and it offends people; well... they NEEDED to be offended. It's a hefty part of why I've dropped my internal censor entirely. Since people are going to get offended by the truth no matter how you say it, you might as well not sugar coat it with insincere platitudes. In fact, I now use the reaction "It's not what you said but how you said it" as a filter for who's too much of a thin skinned wussie to ever be successful at anything meaningful, and in general it's a great indicator to who's in charge of the halfwit brigade.

This is particularly true when (for example) you see someone using some buggy broken halfwit methodology in building their website; from bloated pointless crap like jQuery and Bootstrap, to layout elements and "Gee ain't it neat" bull that has no malfing business on websites in the first place -- you see someone being led down the garden path to failure, TELL THEM! This idiotic "if you can't say anything nice" bull of slapping the rose coloured glasses on everyone's head to sing kumbaya around a drum circle stupidity reeks of little more than ignorance, apathy and wishful thinking, and most certainly has nothing to do with helping people make anything better.

As George Bernard Shaw wrote:
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Anything else, and this place would turn into an elitist club full of whiny sycophants sleazing out websites any old way -- like the limp wristed little old ladies over at SitePoint, advocating broken methodologies and trying to keep everyone happy no matter what, just so they can dupe people into shelling out for their Yank-tard and Meyer wiener books that do nothing but tell you how NOT to use HTML/CSS, how NOT to use JavaScript, and most importantly how NOT to build a website.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    deathshadow, Apr 20, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  17. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    working with digital forums last 6 months with good amount of idea and knowledge but still got 2 likes. i dnt when my 3rd like full so i can post my good value domain here just waiting for 1 like :) just hope for good.

ashokdhan, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  18. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry if this offends, but going back through your posts -- your broken engrish moist goodry and most of your pointless one-sentence wonder-posts are likely a contributor to why nobody's hitting "like". If people can't comprehend what you are trying to say (I had a deuce of a time with your post in this thread alone), and if you can't take the time to post something that forms a coherent thought, you are VERY unlikely to have anyone "like", much less set a "best answer" on you.

That might seem unfair to those of you for whom English isn't your native language, but this IS an English language board after all... there's a reason on about two thirds the posts here I'm tempted to reply by going medieval on people's tuchas' Samuel L. Jackson style with "Englisc, mōdor wyrter! Gedōn ēow cweþan hit!"

... and yes that was English, just a few centuries out of date.

But that's like the TLDR dimwits -- as far as I'm concerned they can **** right off; hell I'd delete probably half the posts on these forums for being TSDR pointless poster magnets.

deathshadow, Jul 27, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  19. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    thanks man going to use better english. i know i have good amount of stuff for seo but i dnt know how to explain to starter :)

20. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    some of user creating thread in other forums. I got one link laughing on this how the people spamming.The people using new creative idea about spam. I am sharing one picture here some of already DP member asking for like.[​IMG]