1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is G Suite the right route to go?

Discussion in 'Google' started by strip curtains, Mar 25, 2020.

Good day

Maybe I am on the wrong track here altogether. But if that is the case then hopefully someone can point us in the right direction.

We've been using a "business " email address for a while. The reason being that it is convenient and easy to get emails on your phone, laptop etc. We also have a website/domain name. But we have never setup or activated an email address eg "info@business url.co.za".

Now the question is. Is it possible (and how!) to keep using Gmail (receive emails, send emails, access on mobile phone) as if it is "info@business url.co.za"?

Thanks

strip curtains, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's a difference between using gsuite and just getting your emails via gmail.

I'd probably avoid gsuite if you're a small business.

What I do, and my clients do is
    • have a Gmail account
    • set up their corporate email as an additional account in the Gmail settings with a tag so it's clear which are which are biz
    • set up signatures for the corporate email
    • only use the Gmail app on phones - never, ever use the native apple mail app - you clients will never know that you weren't at your desk

sarahk, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  3. strip curtains

strip curtains Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you sarahk

I opened a ticket with our webhost. It seems they don't offer webmail, but I might be wrong. If that is the case then we won't be able to setup a "info@business url.co.za" email address anyway. I will update the thread once they respond.

strip curtains, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    all you need is a pop3 or map account.

sarahk, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  5. strip curtains

strip curtains Peon

Best Answers:
    It turned out that the hosting package we have does not offer email addresses. So we won't be able to have an email address with our url after the @ sign.

strip curtains, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Change hosts, it's not 1995

sarahk, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  7. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can go for a separate hosting resource to achieve the said purpose, you can go for Bluehost or Namecheap depending upon the budget and requirements you have.

Sam Sabir, Apr 29, 2020 IP