1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Flippa A Complete Scam

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wonay, Apr 4, 2012.

1. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW!

That's great news. Please share the links with me so I can read all about it.

wonay, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  2. nuwan1981

nuwan1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    hello friends iam create this site using bloger.i like to put google ads.please tell to me ,my site suitable for adsense?
    site url www.desktopwallpapersblog.com
    ;)

nuwan1981, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  3. wanay11

wanay11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He is my friend in the same city, we're an online marketer. There is no online story about him and I think I can't share his personal profile without permission.

wanay11, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's a pile of shit... now fck off!!

thsadmin, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  5. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WELL!!

Good luck to you and your "invisible" friend.

wonay, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  6. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Like we have said it's full of scammers... we're not saying that scammers don't make money... we're saying that they shouldn't be supported by Flippa! and that there should be a means of quality control...

thsadmin, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  7. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. Plus DP is FREE to list with no success fees.

The best part is that we actually get hundreds of views for our post on the buy/sell thread on DP, and we know it's not manipulated.

My listing on Flippa has got under 200 views in the last 15 days.

This thread itself has got more than triple the views than my listing on Flippa, and in much lesser time.

And, the shocking part of this is that Flippa claims to have 5000+ online almost every second minute of the day.

Wonder where these 5000 people spend time on Flippa, maybe on such threads.....

flippa.com/2722351-turnkey-sites-biz-4-267-in-first-25-days-no-exp-required-work-from-home

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
    wonay, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  8. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMPORTANT UPDATE - Flippa has lied about their real rankings online as well. Their Alexa ranking is 800 or so. And, their USA ranking is 534. But, we looked at their Quantcast ranking and especially requested for their actual popularity in USA and found that their real ranking should be 102,713 in USA. Please visit the quantcast dot com website and type in "flippa.com" to get their real rankings and details.

On a different note, Matt has dropped down the people online today from 5000+ each minute to just over 1000. Nice move Matt!!

wonay, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  9. Betaasian

Betaasian Peon

Best Answers:
    Fippa scamming piece of sheet, deserves to get closed.

Betaasian, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  10. Rasmus

Rasmus Member

Best Answers:
    I think they should take some action to control the low-quality turnkey and autoblog selling scheme. From what I understand, it works so that the seller lists a site that allegedly has $1000+ revenue in the first week or $5000 in the first month but actually it has nothing to do with the site in question. The revenue actually comes from selling sites, i.e. the new owner of the site must start selling similar worthless websites to earn back the money. And it's like a never-ending Ponzi scheme.

However, I've personally listed and sold 4 sites at Flippa. 3 of those were for 13x to 40x monthly revenue and 1 was for $125 without any previous revenue. If you have a decent website, you shouldn't worry too much. I agree that Flippa's fees are too high but it's a free market so can't complain too much. I've tried selling on Namepros but that didn't work, and if you look at DP's marketplace there are hardly any bids made. I don't care about how much views my auction gets, in the end I need my website sold and for a decent price.

P.S. I've always listed my sites with no reserve price, that seems to be working well to attract bidders.

Rasmus, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  11. Zohaibsherkhan

Zohaibsherkhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    flippa is not a scam site

Zohaibsherkhan, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  12. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i tried that couple of times, had decent responses; to be honest exceeded my price expectation.
    btw requesting somebody post his picture is not a decent request.

webcosmo, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  13. cjhooks

cjhooks Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally just sold a site a few days ago. It was a brand new site,no revenue or traffic claims, just a quality website... I had no problems what so ever. I was paid as soon as I contacted my buyer . overall everything went fine for me.

cjhooks, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  14. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Neither Quantcast nor Alexa are reliable measurements for traffic. Just sayin'...

WebDev Solutions, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  15. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is an issue, and stuff about ranking... oh my.

Install, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  16. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    View attachment 79610 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

There is no doubt in my mind whether sites sell on Flippa or not. The ones that do sell are utter auto blog crap. The genuine sites that sell, doesn't actually sell at most times since the winning bidder ends up not paying for it.

Just take a look at the sites that have sold and you will find that most of them are relisted (another listing fee!!) again for sale.

Above are few of the websites that sell. Take a good hard look and try and figure out yourself if the sales amount could be actually true and if their earnings could be achieved in that less time.

For once, be realistic about things. It's not every single day that a website sells for 250,000 dollars. A domain can, and it does, but it doesn't sell on Flippa.

I would humbly request Flippa to straighten up their act and for heaven's sake please, please, please release your real office address and put up some signage outside the building or the office to prove that you actually exist in the same place.

There are people here waiting to get in touch with you regarding certain fraudulent listings and they would like to meet up with you guys face to face.

Below is a post a colleague of mine would like to share here......

Is FLIPPA a SCAM.....

Absolutely yes... for both buyers and sellers. I have lost about $4000 over 6 purchases on Flippa all were basically cons. And Flippa scammed me when I tried selling my own website by charging $30 for a handful of page views I got one bid which fell through so they suggested I list again for only $19 so I did and then I got even less page views so I agreed to pay $40 to go on their front page I was there for about twenty minutes!!!!! Thats $2 a minute! And what made the scam worse is it achieved no extra page views.. I wrote to Flippa afterward and they offered zero support.. and told me they don't refund. I had another site listed at the same time which also failed to sell. These were two quality websites by the way. The sites that sell on flippa are the sites that have forced analytics... check out users such as "Flipping Enterprises" (flippa.com/users/356878) who have sold $1,071,247 total value across 29 completed transactions ... yes you read that right it is over a million... and see the trash they have sold to achieve that amount?...

3monthpvas . com
    samuraisalesvideos . com
    cpanetworkreviews . com
    VocalRemover . net
    tradecopier . com
    spartacusseason2 . com
    blogicthink . com
    vocabanswers . net

I can't be bothered to copy paste any more but clearly flippa scams in the sense that the sites have sold for $3000 to $30,000+ and they are worthless! Absolutely worthless! AND NOTE - Flippa invites this particular seller (a fellow australian / flippa is australian) to write articles on selling sites that they post on flippas forum! Perhaps an inside scam job then? The audacity of that!

Avoid Flippa... it is the worse scam I have ever come across and legitimized by a handful of successful sales.

ALSO, please read a worthy post here from a reputed source.....

domainingdiva.com / flippa-scams /

Please remove the gaps in the url above and add http:// at the start.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    wonay, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  17. snakeplissken

snakeplissken Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Matt, here someone who apparently has earned over $10k with a scam scheme (http://www.daftblogger.com/flippa-scam-scheme-fictitious-earnings-and-overpriced-websites/) and has NOT been banned yet! 100% positive feedback, over 14 transactions of which at least 5 are part of the same scam cycle). The investigation carried out by the journal that exposed it shows that there probably is a whole network of scammers who cover up each other or might be even involved in money laundry. Any comment? How could it be possible that this guy operated for this long on flippa and is still active as a TOP RATED SELLER?!

-snake

snakeplissken, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  18. mauroperino

mauroperino Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear friends of the web, I would love to invite you to participate in this community (nonprofit) to expose the scam sites online!

http://junkwebsites.com/

Initially it would be nice to devote even just, to sites that are sold at auctions or marketplaces that much, almost always, are sold as gold mines and bought from poor fools!

It would be nice to have a community where potential buyers can meet and learn how to spot the real sites value and discard the usual scams!

I wait for you!

Thank you

mauroperino, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  19. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go look at sold listings from 1-5 years ago that sold for big $$ - 90% of them don't even exist anymore.

topcoder, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  20. mauroperino

mauroperino Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just published two case studies on two definitely fraudulent sites right now on auction on flippa. http://junkwebsites.com/blogs/
    I would like to have your comments on that.
    Thank you

mauroperino, Aug 11, 2016 IP