1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Flippa A Complete Scam

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wonay, Apr 4, 2012.

1. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Classic example of someone who either

A) Doesn't understand how to sort through the trash to find the decent opportunites, or

B) Has never sold anything of any worth on the site in the past.

For sellers whom have quality to offer (I realise ALOT of the auctions are of poor quality, but not exclusively.), it cannot be beaten. That's not a matter of opinion either- I've tried and tested it and been extremely happy with the end result, and so have my buyers.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Apr 10, 2012 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A) I was not arguing that I have a problem that 99% of Flippa site listing people are scammers. I'm arguing that Flippa sucks because their stupid junky site is built so scammers and list stuff.

B) No, I'm sorry. I don't fit in there. I don't own any sites where I can say "I MADE $2,454 in TWO WEEKS with my AUTO BLOG" Only $40,000 warning: site is only 3wks old.

No, I think we shouldn't be comparing flippa against other site auction networks for who's the best. Realistically you should be saying they all completely SUCK but the degree of junkyness is less at flippa is a tad less than other places.
    Personally I would say that flippa is about as fair and honest as buying a site from ebay.

Obviously since your are a SELLER you are going to defend flippa at all cost. Care to show one of your auctions? Didn't think so.....

Here's a thought: I was just browsing through flippa for 5 minutes and saw maybe 60 obvious scam site BS. Where's Flippa? no moderation? No system to try to control it?
    NOPE, because they know that 99% of them are scammers so they don't want to hurt their traffic.
    And then you come here and say....oooo, flippa is amazing, flippa is good, you don't know flippa......which tells me that you are just protecting your playground.

Laceygirl, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  3. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    How did you even manage to turn your computer on? Get an education, learn to read an actual thread, and you would see I have already linked to two.

I think that renders this debate pretty much over, run along sweetheart.

WebDev

4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blah, blah, another scammer protecting his perfectly excellent network to scam in.
    Instead of me running along, maybe you should go and post another listing over there. Tell us about the "potential" and use the "if a little work is done" line.

5. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    Given the fact you've replied within 2 minutes, it's safe to assume you didn't bother reading the auction, just like you didn't read this thread in your previous post. Both of those sites linked were at the top of their niche when they sold, continue to be solid earners, and the buyers were delighted with the purchase. If you had taken 30 seconds, you would see that I have only sold a few large sites, both of which were over a year old. No autoblogs or "get rich quick" schemes here, I'm afraid. You seem educationally subnormal and I have explained in great detail my thoughts in this thread, so I'll let you resume licking windows or whatever you do in your free time.

WebDev

6. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever.
    So he's a good question. I know you from phpbb. Are you that ShadyX guy, fergal, fowler? Any of these names ring a bell? How about Johnny who used to own phpbbcommunities.com. Friends of yours?

7. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested to know how you drew that conclusion, I actually have no knowledge of phpbb and have always opted for Vbulletin.

Feel free to drop me a PM though to tell me how you got there, before we go too far off topic!

WebDev

8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I just know you from somewhere. Meh, you probably bought a link from me in the past.

Back in topic. You never did comment on my call that flippa refuses to control the scamming and users are forced to be smart enough to go through the 99% of scams there is over there.
    Any reason why that is not evidence that shows that they are a bit scammy?

9. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    I haven't denied that the majority of the websites sold are of particularly poor quality with "$xxx earnings in just 12 days" type claims. I'd prefer it too if these were moderated- it will at least protect people who buy into these claims (but to be frank, I genuinely don't understand how anyone can- but also accept they do...baffling!) My main points were;

- As a seller, IF (KEY WORD! Before I get mauled) you have a quality website, Flippa is still a good avenue to gain exposure and achieve a good sale price.
    - There are a few genuine quality websites that find there way onto Flippa, they are just difficult to locate in a timely manner due to all the turnkey rubbish.
    - Kind of links into point one, but I think if you are selling a good website, the Flippa fees aren't outrageous.

You also have to wonder, if buyers got a little smarter and stuck to the "if it's too good to be true.." motto, there wouldn't be a market for these poor quality sites and they would begin to cease being listed, simply because the sellers weren't profiting from these methods after Flippa fees any more. Flippa can lend a hand to moderate too, of course.

WebDev

10. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well that is a much better reply. I'm in even worse of a mood than before from something unrelated.

the issue I had is when I go to the "just sold" section I can see that practically everyone has been scammed. Its just loaded with suckers. Looking at what sites are selling for I feel my site is worth 1/2Million which is ridiculous.
    It doesn't look real so the ultimate question is, is flippa doing a little fake internal practiced to make the site seems more active? Are the scammers working in teams bidding on their own sites to draw in a crowd?
    Would flippa stop it?
    They would not because they do nothing judging from all of the listings.

11. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    I was under the impression that Flippa was a legitimate business. I hear more about them being a good resource for domain auctions than a scam site. Actually, this is the first negative mention I have come across.

JPC-Sabrina, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  12. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not a scam in my eyes, but it's the shit that gets sold there that is the scam, all the traffic re-sellers, twitter and facebook fan suppliers etc. The sites that are making hundreds in the first month and use the same sales pitch, same screen shots as their 15 other auctions... Maybe I should just give in and start selling to the suckers as well, that seems to be where the money is... selling to the newbs. I think there's hundreds, thousands of people that think the same and facepalm at the shit that gets sold...

https://flippa.com/2722375-autoblog-creation-business-made-1585-in-10-days-no-reserve-no-exp-req-d - $1700 for a 3 month old site that sells auto blogs.
    https://flippa.com/2719918-autoblog-creation-business-made-1-854-in-just-9-days-no-exp-required
    https://flippa.com/2721675-25-sites-autoblog-network-package-your-turnkey-business-all-sites-indexed
    https://flippa.com/2723483-website-...to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-1k-per-month

Have a look at those scams and that was on the first page of ending soon...

thsadmin, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  13. paperman

paperman Peon

Best Answers:
    i have used flippa and there are still no bids on my site. i have had it posted for 8 days now

paperman, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  14. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting replies. I don't know why the main questions are still not answered by Matt or his right hand WebDev here.

1. Why does Flippa not ban autoblog listers who claim $20 or more income in less than 1 day?
    2. Why has Matt suddenly started banning so many sellers after I complained about Flippa and SitePoint to Google?
    3. Why no actual evidence of the so-called 5000+ people online on Flippa every minute of the day?
    4. Why doesn't Flippa return the money paid for such autoblog websites to the innocent buyers.
    5. Why doesn't Flippa monitor their entire marketplace better?
    6. Does the staff of Flippa manipulate bids as mentioned on 10+ complaint websites by me and few other sellers?
    7. Is Matt arranging for a quick exit after yesterday's ban of 500+ sellers?

And, most importantly, why do sites like mine not sell on Flippa, even after getting tons of visitors, having good rankings on search engines, and a decent income.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
    wonay, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  15. katherine1

katherine1 Peon

Best Answers:
    To Webdev once again,
    The example was different from the website sale what Flippa deals with but my point was to tell that any big sale happening on the net are known by the regular net users and not just remain with the buyer and the seller. Its based on what your opinion is about Flippa being so big in HUGE sales amount.

Not everyone owns a website worth $100,000+ on the web, there are few percentage of the people who do and if Flippa is dealing only with them then how it becomes the "largest website marketplace" as said by you. And thank God that you accepted that it is expensive for those people having small websites for sale. Let me mind you here, that every small website cannot be given the term 'substandard' website. And also I do not want your guidance about my choices of the website selling place or for anything, in the first place I did not even wrote the message to you, it was for Matt and I mentioned it very clearly in my message. I dont know why are you poking your nose and defending Flippa by going out of your way and spending so much time, unless your paid to do so. Whatever you say looks like a stupid promotion done for that website.

I did say in my first post that I would not go to Flippa for selling and that meant I did not want any one telling me that what opportunities I am losing out by not visiting that site. I am done here with you. If I look back I have just wasted my time on a guy like you, who I dint even intend to interact with.

katherine1, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  16. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    I have explained my thought process well and backed up my replies with statistics, more than most have done in this thread. As for questioning my reply- you are posting on a community message board which encourages discussion, what did you expect? It seems like you're just another new DP user with a painfully low IQ.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  17. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    https://flippa.com/2723483-website-...to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-1k-per-month - again look at this pile of shit... TunrkeyWebsitesBuilder.com (notice the misspelling)

Made 1st of April which is highly appropriate...

These stats may be true as retards are paying/bidding $1500 for the pile of shit... on Flippa... but it's not the earnings for the site, keeping in mind that the site is just 10 days old.

Now have a look at his sales: https://flippa.com/buy/search?q=username:Top+Startups&sort_col=timestart&sort_dir=desc&status=all

He doesn't even change the listing and barely changes the auction theme/template...

https://flippa.com/2723483-website-flipping-business-easy-to-replicate-for-any-newbie
    https://flippa.com/2722423-website-flipping-business-easy-to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-100-month
    https://flippa.com/2722431-website-flipping-business-easy-to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-100-month
    https://flippa.com/2722074-website-flipping-business-easy-to-replicate-for-any-newbie
    https://flippa.com/2720660-website-...to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-1k-per-month
    https://flippa.com/2719238-website-...to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-1k-per-month
    https://flippa.com/2717809-website-...to-replicate-for-any-newbie-make-1k-per-month

and there's many like him, flipping the same site/scam... yes he makes a thousand a week, flipping this same listing every week...

thsadmin, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  18. wanay11

wanay11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    surely, flippa is legit. My friend earn more than 60k by flipping many site/blogs there. I'm desired to.

wanay11, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  19. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your friend has probably already been banned.

wonay, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  20. wanay11

wanay11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, he still there and earn more time to time. Yesterday he launched his new business related to flippa :)

wanay11, Apr 12, 2012 IP