1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Facebook Going Away Completely?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by enoahisolution, Mar 19, 2014.

Facebook frustration is increasing because of Facebook Changes, We need to re-think the social strategies?

enoahisolution, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  2. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's going away completely. It just is changing, and it's no big surprise. Everything changes, and we just need to watch out for the next "big thing" within FB or otherwise.

Alyssa Lochmore, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  3. kgeorgiev

kgeorgiev Member

Best Answers:
    FB isn't going anywhere. Changes are happening all the time and users and marketers still adapt to them in no time. Also, with their policy, when the next "big thing" comes, FB will buy it :)

kgeorgiev, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, a multi-billion dollar company is going away overnight.

dcristo, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you witnessed the new layout? Yeah... it may come tumbling down. It's terrible. Posts, items are all over the shop... it's a mess at the moment.

thsadmin, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    People don't like change. It won't come tumbling down because users don't like this new layout.

dcristo, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  7. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I forgot my sarcasm tags, I'm just emphasizing how bad it is at the moment. I hate it.

thsadmin, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  8. lucabrasi

lucabrasi Member

Best Answers:
    I don't do much with Facebook but I do remember MySpace being talked about by the kids at work. Now you don't hear anything about MySpace.
    I just checked and the MySpace site is still there. Why don't I hear anything about them anymore? Something like that could happen to Facebook if they decide their needs are more important than their user's needs. Every once in awhile normal people will revolt. Because normal people don't have a lot of experience with revolts, it is usually a bloodbath.

lucabrasi, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the two are comparable. And even if we say they are, Facebook was the main reason Myspace fell behind, not the neglection of the user needs. Of course in the future something new and "hip" will come to the stage, but FB are already spreading their tentacles on various other kinds of services which will be sure to keep them in business for a long time. As @dcristo mentioned every new change comes with a wave of angry users but at the end of the day they are rarely leaving because of changes. Until something groundbreaking is established FB will not face the danger of big masses leaving imo.

Rado_ch, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  10. AbstractChaos

AbstractChaos Member

Best Answers:
    I agree FB won't be going anywhere, they managed to be in the right place at the right time. For me it seemed the internet was only used by techies, businesses and school kids and then all at once more people started discovering the net and it was at this time FB was launched, now it has what i like to refer to as Critical Mass where everyone is there because their friends and family (even grandparents) are on FB. Sure the techies and others that are "in the know" will jump on the next big thing but their family won't be, that is if my family is anything to go by.

AbstractChaos, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  11. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Never, but something new could dominate, just like bebo, then myspace smashed them, then facebook utterly smashed myspace, the next one can easily smash facebook it happens.

But people will continue to use it

dedideals, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  12. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    Change is the only thing that is constant even on the Net.
    So Facebook will not be going anywhere but it will continue to evolve to make us all happy with their service.

jonrod, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  13. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook has to take actions to proceed making it better. And such a company wouldn't go away. It will always find solutions to solve its problems according to the developing technology.

gknugurlu, Mar 24, 2014 IP