1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Ezinearticles going against the Google TOS?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Chopster, Jan 11, 2006.

1. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought you could as long as there wasn't actuall gambling on the site, just discussion of it. Dont remember as I dont deal with that topic.

ServerUnion, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    As far as the use of font code's - I know that if you have an extremely high volume of traffic you can get better ad layout options. Not sure if that website would qualify, but it's possible. CNN runs yahoo ads now (I think), but in the past they had non-standard adsense ads.

nevetS, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  3. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay I don't know about the font, but here is something that my mean that Ezine is NOT guilty of doing anything wrong:

http://www.techshout.com/internet/2...has-been-detected-by-an-indian-web-publisher/

It's about how adsense ads were hijacked by malicious code, but look exactly like real adsense ads.

Skinny.

Skinny, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  4. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wondering then, if Google does not allow publishers run Adsense on gambling related pages, why are they accepting gambling related advertisers?

Right now Google is delivering the following at the top of this thread:

the first leads to a site offering gambling tips and $10,000 Las Vegas giveaway

The second leading to a featured Yahoo search on gambling sites.

so is Google breaking their own terms or just matter of $$$$$$$$ Advertisers versus Publishers?

Mystique, Jan 13, 2006 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you submit gambling stuff to Ad Words, you can request an that they look over your site. If you are not promoting online gambling, it can fly.

The whole reason they took gambling off was because online gambling is illegal in the USA and they got pressured by DoJ.

So, they might take an ad promoting tips on how to play Craps, but will deny an ad that directly sends people to an online gambling destination.

marketjunction, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  6. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That page is about gambling, google adsense is okay, etc etc etc

I have a gambling site with adsense (make more on the adsense than on people wanting to fork over real money to gamble!).

Yeah, mumble mumble mumble

The Iowa Dawg

iowadawg, Jan 21, 2006 IP