1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Escrow.com cheating?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Arnie, Dec 14, 2005.

I tried to transfer my website using escrow.com service but cancelled it today due to their strange customer relation service and procedures.
    It scared me away and the buyer too
    I keep all evidence and picture, yes I made high resolution pics of all the details and not just screenshots.
    When you're are loged in and click the whois link it shows up with a website that is not whois and telling that the domain (in question) was available

The reply I got was
    Where on our site are you seeing this information? It sounds like you are at another URL.

I provided evidence but to no avail nor any further action were taken from their side.
    I changed the domain here but the rest is original.
    So, now they are using this as their whois veryfication, when I tried ask them the postmaster returned the mail.
    Thats the way to keep back payments? Ripping off clients?

I HAVE A WHOIS ACCOUNT, WHERE I GET ALL USEFUL INFORMATION OR IF SOMEONE REGISTERS A SIMILAR NAME AS MINE OR CONTAINS MY DOMAIN I GET ALERTS, JUST ONE SERVICE TO MENTION.
    BUT THIS HERE IS CRAP

[​IMG]

[SIZE=+2]http:wwww.com is[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][​IMG][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]You can use any active registrar to reserve your domain name. Be sure to research the company thoroughly as features, pricing and service do vary greatly.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]We use and recommend Register.com. In our opinion, they offer an excellent mix of advanced features, reliability and knowledgeable support. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]BetterWhois Discount:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Due to our high volume, we have secured a discounted rate of $20/yr with Register.com which includes a free 10-page web site with URL and e-mail forwarding. This special discount is available to all BetterWhois visitors via the following link:[/SIZE]
    Register HTTP:mmmmmmm.com now for only $20.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [SIZE=-1]The domain business has been deregulated...[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] For the first time, many
    different domain registrars are granting domain names.

But there is a problem , the standard WHOIS domain search used on thousands of web sites is no longer accurate. Why? Because each domain registrar now keeps their own WHOIS database which doesn't include domains registered by competing registrars. [/SIZE]

Arnie, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If there is someone else with an experience with them let us know here
    I for myself will report them for further investigations since they are not replying any mail now, - that means they have something to hide.
    The deal I tried to make through them was several $xxxx.xx - now imagine!
    Fortunately to say I have great high resolution pictures from within their account with all the surrounding info, date, time, mouseover, links etc.

Any other escrow service to recommend?

Arnie, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now another reply, seems they have a one man show only

Good morning,

The information that you are concerned about is on the website, betterwhois.com. It is just a whois lookup. It does not dictate the control of the domain name. Escrow.com does not control what betterwhois puts on their site. The seller also has no control over the information.

Thank you,

So why they use it in https in the account as a link to check the whois they're not saying that it is better-whois domain they say whois.
    And compare the message with that one from above (the blue one) from the same person
    You see any contratictions?

Arnie, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  4. karated

karated SEOing CEO

Best Answers:
    I've done several transactions through escrow.com in the $1K - $10K including one I had to back out of because the individual had his site hacked and lost all the data before the transaction completed and experienced no scam.
    That looks like a minor issue, they've been trustworthy in my experience.

karated, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now google has found it, escrow not

Where the hell is google pay???

Google spam and fraud control in red, thank you Google!!!

http:eerqwe.com is

available

You can use any active registrar to reserve your domain name. Be sure to research the company thoroughly as features, pricing and service do vary greatly.

We use and recommend SpamController has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.betterwhois.com" claiming to be Register.com. In our opinion, they offer an excellent mix of advanced features, reliability and knowledgeable support.

BetterWhois Discount: Due to our high volume, we have secured a discounted rate of $20/yr with Register.com which includes a free 10-page web site with URL and e-mail forwarding. This special discount is available to all BetterWhois visitors via the following link:

SpamController has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.betterwhois.com" claiming to be Register HTTP:dddd.COM now for only $20.

Arnie, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  6. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whoislink.jpg Here you can see the inside of the account with mouse over and where the link goes.
    Missleading and confusing or not? when you land on pages as you see here.
    Why do they link to this crap?

Arnie, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  7. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what the hell are you talking about. I seriously have no idea...

joch21, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in doubt of their service.
    I registered for the first time to have a transaction of several thousand $ and agreed to pay a fee (xxx.xx) for their service to sell my website.

Then from within the secure clients account you get a link, that should be a Whois look up (that usually shows the registrar, registrant, billing address, admin address etc. of the website in question) to such missleading, confusing site as seen above, spam controller from Google gave it a possible fraud label which I found out after I cancelled the deal, when I pasted and sent it to them as proof it was returned from their postmaster as undeliverable.

Why don't they receive their own possible scam attempts themselves?

What sense does it make for them to link to a site like this, that is supposed to be a checking tool inside an account with accurate info on a secure server? It's not declared as advertisement either. But someone there has deffinateley put up the link to this site.

It just doesn't make sense.

If I wouldn't have taken pictures, perhaps I would end up as an idiot ones they have taken off the link and nobody would believe me because there is no proof.

What would you think if it is about goods that are to be transferred, payed for and someone let you track that says then sent and paid allready while one or both parties having not received anything yet? Or if you use ATM on a teller machine trying to look up your account and it gives you something completly different?

It's a preach of business principles.

Arnie, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  9. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, this thread makes my head hurt!

Is English not your first language by any chance?

And, yes I've used Escrow.com without any problem on a number of occasions.

petertdavis, Dec 17, 2005 IP