1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is embedding game code on the website okay?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by softech02, Jun 28, 2015.

Hello,

I'm not a gaming blogger but have planned to start a gaming website. I have setup a wordpress website and wondering where could I get games from for this website. My friend told me to search sites which allow their games embed code to be put on other websites for free.

I just want to know if this is legal to embed such game code on my website since I'm not a creator of those games.

Thanks in advance
    Sam

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    softech02, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If the creator(s) of the games allow for embedding, then it's legal, yes. If you don't know if the site where you get the game-code from is legit, then it's a bit more of a gray area, and you could possibly be accused of copyright infringement. But, as long as the site you embed the code from allows it, and you don't change anything in the code, it should be fine.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you're using WordPress why don't you install the MyArcadePlugin Lite plugin? That way, you can easily import games from the add/import page.
    You can also use it to "fetch" games from some big sources as well. Will save you a lot of time.

MyArcadePlugin Lite Features
    • Fetch Games from 2PG
    • Fetch Games from GamePix
    • Fetch Games from Famobi
    • Fetch Games from MyArcadeFeed
    • Fetch Games from Spilgames
    • Fetch Games from UnityGames
    • Import Flash Games (SWF)
    • Import Iframe Games
    • Import Embed Code Games
    • Play Flash Games
    • Play HTML5 Games
    • Play Unity3D Games
    • Play Iframe / Embed Games
    • Option to download game files to your server
    • Detect Game Dimensions Automatically (SWF)
    • Publish games immediately or time shifted
    • Game Management (search, publish, delete)
    • Post templates with several placeholders to generate unique game descriptions
    • Option to reset the games database
    • Works with every WordPress Theme
    • Works with all Premium WP Arcade Themes
    The pro version has more sources and more features but the lite version is perfect if you're starting out creating a WP arcade.

I've made many WP arcades in the past. Some are quite big now.

Mkcoy, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  4. Chris Trinidad

Chris Trinidad Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello MKoy,
    I have a website that is tailored for kids and we wish to have a games library for our users. The challenge that we have is finding games without ads. We have already purchased the My Arcade plugin, but the games come with ads and we cannot have kids play these when there are ads in them. Also, the quality of games are not so good. It would be nice to have games like Super Mario Brothers or Crash Bandicoot etc (and we are willing to pay for a subscription). We just need some guidance to fin the right source of games for our needs. Can you please give me some advice?

Chris Trinidad, Dec 28, 2016 IP