1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is email marketing the most effective way to get sales?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by eroker, Apr 6, 2010.

I have done a lot of article marketing and ppc, but email marketing is something I have only touched the surface of. Anyone on this forum wiling to share some of their success?

Thanks

eroker, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  2. kumarudaya

kumarudaya Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing campaign method is very successful strategy in online marketing which involves sending mails to your current customers and new peoples in order to advertise, sell, and promote your products.

It very popular and cost effective, it expands the customer relationship with your current and new customers, while comparing to other advertising, email marketing can be done at very low cost.

kumarudaya, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  3. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not neccassarily the most effective way to get sales, but email marketing does have the distinct advantage that you can keep reselling to the same people time and time again. If you build a good rapport you can get a loyal following quite quickly.

lukeg32, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  4. newmoon

newmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    To make email marketing work, we have to collect a right target of leads/emails, which mean if you want to promote products about "sperm drugs", than when collecting an email you have to make a good squeeze page about "how to increase sperm" and than spread the squeeze page thorugh other online marketing, combine it with adwords (if you have a budget). Beside of that writing an email is also important to impress your subscribers.

newmoon, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not exactly. It depends on your product.

If you are selling frequently use product type like consumer products, then email marketing is a cost effective solution. You can send newsletter to the same group and got them sold all the times.

If you are selling one-time or yearly purchase type like Web Design, then email marketing may not be a cost effective solution. You can sell only 2-3 times at max to the same group. You have to find a new customers all the time instead of "Rinse and Repeat" way.

Sxperm, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  6. ContentArticleWriter

ContentArticleWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing IS still a very effective form of Advertising. Hey if it was not then how come Victoria's Secret, Gap and some other stores (to which I subscribe) have a great amount of sales as a result of their email offers? This is because it works. As long as you are creative at creating your advertising campaign it is still a very good way to get sales. Of course as long as people are subscribed to receive your emails.

ContentArticleWriter, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  7. advertise

advertise Peon

Best Answers:
    I think email marketing has received a lot of negative wrap from those who have not used it the right way in order to maximize its results. First off, you should never send unsolicited mail because you will face being accused of spam. You should build an opt-in splash page or squeeze page, which you can use as part of your promotion to begin building a list. People who voluntarily sign up to receive your emails, are agreeing to place your site on a white list, and read your emails. But this does not guarantee they will be read. YOU have to find ways of using your creativity to get people to open your email, read your Ad and get them to buy. So remember that people have busy lives and they have little time to read long tedious emails. Appeal to your reader, concentrate on them and not YOU. Offer a solution to their problem. Be concise, straight to the point, and clear. You can offer a personal insight but only as a reference, do not make it about you.

I guarantee that if you use these simple rules as a guide, your email campaign will be successful.

advertise, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  8. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you have a good targeted list and you are ready to sell very specific and related things then yes, email marketing can be very useful. However, i have had success with article marketing in the past and i will stick to it. its easy and cheap if you can write :)

uttoransen, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  9. shaggymac

shaggymac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well stated! building good will...

shaggymac, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  10. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much all of my sales have come from email marketing. However, you can totally ruin it if you do it completely wrong. Much like a blog, your supposed to develop a relationship with the people in your list. Offer them something free to get them into the list, e.g. free video tutorial, free ebook. Over time you will give them helpful tips that are useful. You cannot start selling to them right away and every day otherwise they will unsubscribe like crazy. Send them useful tips every week. They key is to develop the relationship with them first. After the first week, then you can consider promoting a product. Mix it up. Tip. Promote. Tip. Promote. You've got to understand the rhythm of your subscribers. The better the trust they have in you, the more likely they'll purchase what you offer them. If you continually sell, sell, sell...they're gone.

The other part is building traffic to your list. That is the hardest part. Over time, if your list is decently big enough, you can do Adswaps with people, i.e. they expose your list to theirs and vice versa. Make sure your partner has a quality list and a quality product to promote to your list. You've got to protect your list first.

Augra, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  11. eroker

eroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried using email marketing in the fitness niche, but I did not get as many sales as I though I could have. I got most of my opt-ins from ezinearticles, maybe it was because of that?

eroker, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  12. eroker

eroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about promoting a niche that is less popular than fitness.

eroker, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  13. FerdinandF

FerdinandF Peon

Best Answers:
    If you own the list email marketing can be very profitable. You will be able to tell who reads your emails and who actually buys from you. Most successful online marketers spend hours building their mailing lists because it brings in cash when you need it. With every new site I work on the 2 things I focus on first is traffic and my mailing list. Once you have about 5000 or so subscribers you can start marketing to them and make some money.

FerdinandF, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  14. evilprincess

evilprincess Peon

Best Answers:
    What's a good free newsletter service to use?

evilprincess, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  15. FerdinandF

FerdinandF Peon

Best Answers:
    The only "semi-free" one I trust is MailChimp. You don't pay any fees up to 500 subscribers and you have a set amount of email credits per month. The problem I have with Free services, especially when it comes to your mailing list, is that I personally have not found one that is reliable enough. I rather pay a small fee each month and know that my provider adheres to Spam laws and has good backup in place. I also want to know that my emails are getting delivered. Maybe someone else knows of a good Free service.

FerdinandF, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  16. evilprincess

evilprincess Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh, good point, thanks. :)

evilprincess, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  17. mach5

mach5 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's still one of the cheapest ways to market a product, since sending email is free. I consistently see good results from email marketing.

mach5, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  18. Kathy Holder

Kathy Holder Peon

Best Answers:
    Mail Chimp is a great service and you can have up to 500 names in your list for free. They also supply tracking and their support is fantastic

Kathy Holder, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  19. Internet Marketer

Internet Marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Although Email marketing is cheap but it was not so efficient for me...

Internet Marketer, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  20. avaniinfoworld

avaniinfoworld Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is very effective...........................

avaniinfoworld, Apr 9, 2010 IP