1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is email marketing really any good?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IoWn3rU, Aug 23, 2010.

1. matty01

matty01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am old school in that i don't use email marketing software, however i keep track of all customer's emails, and when i send a special offer to my "list" i usually get around 20-30% who take advantage. i would see email markeing is highly succesful.

matty01, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent news, I started in online marketing when I saw 16 (4 years ago) I'm 20 now. If there's some tips I can give you that is think about everything you are doing and don't just dump into something, also see things through I always had trouble seeing a lot of projects though because I'm easily distracted once something else looks more attractive. I also spent far to much time learning and not taking enough action, you're only really going to learn by taking action.

My first site was a proxy site lol I can remember when I hit $10 a day with it and my ego just went though the roof, I really felt like I was master of the universe LOL.

You're doing the right think though now building a list, you'll start to learn what's known as relationship marketing and over time you'll start to master it and really coin in on it.

Seqqa, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  3. emailmarketingsoftware

emailmarketingsoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it’s good,

Email marketing is used more regularly than social networking for personal communication. If you've launched a new product, taken on a new member of staff, or have any other kind of newsworthy announcement, email marketing is a great way to communicate this to your mailing list.

For Email marketing you can create newsletters to send to existing customers and prospects on a regular basis. Many organizations like to use email marketing to send out coupons/codes or to promote a special offer they are holding. It also cuts down the cost of printing and postage of fixed invites.

emailmarketingsoftware, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  4. mash240

mash240 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just like most marketing methods, as long as its well targeted, then yes. Email campaigns work best when their content / offer is related to previous (recent) customer actions.

mash240, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  5. peter_office

peter_office Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to take account that email marketing does not require money to perform. an internet connection you must have if you want to develop a business!;)

peter_office, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are kidding me right? This has got to be the cheapest business in the world to be in, profit margins are crazy. I have a friend that owns one offline business and he's working off 10% margins so if he takes $3000 a day then he's only made $300 after all costs are taken away.

Seqqa, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  7. emailmarketingsoftware

emailmarketingsoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it’s good,

Email marketing is used more regularly than social networking for personal communication. If you've launched a new product, taken on a new member of staff, or have any other kind of newsworthy announcement, email marketing is a great way to communicate this to your mailing list.

emailmarketingsoftware, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  8. tricks2

tricks2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is Good and Effective if you find Such Targeted email list over the internet

tricks2, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  9. Vandork

Vandork Peon

Best Answers:
    Email Marketing is a great method for bringing targeted customer's for your product. I've been using email marketing in the stock market and it was very effective!

Vandork, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  10. jeffrey73

jeffrey73 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're using SPAM lists then NO, it's a waste of time usually. But think about this.. when you use single or double opt-in ( permission ) then they have given you the right to send them more info. by email. It takes usually 7-10 times ( or more ) to build trust with a prospect, and to get them to buy. Do you think that would be worth it if you have 10,000 people on a list that trusted you?

jeffrey73, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  11. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing can be very effective if used correctly. However, it requires a lot of traffic to build your mail list.

UnBooked, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  12. Spawned

Spawned Member

Best Answers:
    Don't some affilliate programs forbid doing email marketing? Wont they kick you off of the program if they find out you are using email marketing?

Spawned, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  13. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is good if you have built up a relationship with your subscribers, and they can trust what it is you are telling them

golfpro1, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  14. jeffwalton

jeffwalton Peon

Best Answers:
    For success in email marketing you need... 1) targeted list of active email addresses 2) concisely written message about your product or service 3) a subject matter that is appealing to your recipients.

If you can achieve these 3 things, email marketing will usually be worth the effort. It's really a great way to reach people when done correctly.

jeffwalton, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  15. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan Peon

Best Answers:
    I certainly think yes. Almost if not all have their own email addresses and so when you used this as your way to advertise your site or business, it can really draw you lots of audience and a possible thousand and thousand bucks. Just make sure you have a genuine and valid list.

MichaelSullivan, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  16. computerconsultant

computerconsultant Peon

Best Answers:
    The email marketing is also a successful platform, with the help of this you can generate traffic to the websites and also it helps to generate revenue for the business.

computerconsultant, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  17. stupidcamel

stupidcamel Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is often a good approach for communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience.
    For people who are looking to keep their customers, members, and prospects loyal, email marketing is also a very good start.
    The very first thing to do is to build, manage, and grow a permission-based email list.
    These days, a lot of software are helping make it much easier to create professional HTML email campaigns with no tech skills.

stupidcamel, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  18. algocomm

algocomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't think about your list as a magic bullet for making money... there simply is no such thing. But having a list give you the ability to stretch out two key portions of the buyer/seller relationship so as to increase your chances of making a sale.

First, when a prospect comes upon your offer, they may choose not to buy for any number of reasons. They may not have the money right now. They may not be convinced they can trust you. They may not have the exact problem which your problem solves. But getting them to opt-in to your list give you the chance to get the sale anyway, a little bit later, when they do have the money, they have gotten to know you, or they do develop the problem you can help solve.

Second, your list gives you the ability to put 2nd, 3rd, and 4th offers (etc.) in front of your customers in a way that costs you essentially nothing, rather than having to re-acquire them through a new PPC ad campaign, or other marketing campaign.

Lists work best when you use them as a means of establishing a two-way relationship with your subscribers. They don't work as well when all you do is send daily sales pitches.

algocomm, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  19. skut

skut Member

Best Answers:
    List Marketing is really powerful if you know what your doing, seriously.
    Just small reminder: When you hear the newest product launched about "PPC / SEO / and other Traffic Secrets Generation"
    Where did you know about the launch itself? Of course from the email you received by "Guru's" or other Internet Marketers.
    Which is the best way to go for having high targetted traffic without paying eachtime whenever you want to make sales.
    Hopefuly what im saying is make sense :)

skut, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  20. applegarden

applegarden Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to work for a digital marketing agency - we expect to see an average open rate of between 8-12%.
    Ensure that you build your email marketing into your overall sales and marketing plan. It will never work effectively for you if you just do it occasionally and with little thought or attention.

applegarden, Sep 1, 2010 IP