1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is domain transferring a good practice?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Silvester Vella, Jan 21, 2016.

I work at a digital marketing company and we do web development in-house. I am constantly being asked to transfer domains onto our provider when have new clients with an existing domain. Is this regular and good practice? I'm quite new in this industry so please bear my ignorance. Thanks.

Silvester Vella, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  2. rahim701

rahim701 Active Member

Best Answers:
    question, are you forcing customer to transfer the domain or they still have option to use your service without transferring? forcing customer to transfer may result losing some customer which are not a good practice.

rahim701, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  3. Silvester Vella

Silvester Vella Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. I'm not the one doing the sales, but probably the sales person is just offering a packages including domain and telling the customer we will be handling your domain. And most of the customers don't even know what their agreeing to. So when I start contacting them regarding nameserver change and all that, thats where the problems start. So that is why I'm wondering if this is standard practice.

Silvester Vella, Jan 22, 2016 IP