1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IS DMOZ Dead?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by noahqw, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We do bear lots of fruit thanks for the compliment.

Anonymously, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  2. DhrubaJyotiDeka

DhrubaJyotiDeka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Jim, with my kind honor to ODP, I want to ask: Which Category has been updated after August, 2010?

I have browsed several hundred categories since last September, and found ODP almost death with no activity since August 2010.

Please do not say that in these 5 months, the Category Editors have not found even a single suitable(as per ODP listing criteria) found within the suggested sites.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Dec 15, 2010 IP
    helleborine likes this.
  3. DhrubaJyotiDeka

DhrubaJyotiDeka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am too worrying if AOL is going to shut it down. Because most of the categories are not being updated since several months.
    The DMOZ Editors simply answers: Someone will look for the suggested sites but there is no guarantee when it will.

Now the question is: What will happen to those categories which are not being updated even since 2007? Thousands and Thousands suggestions are getting in que (nearly thousand websites gets online every month from a country which have the criteria to get listed in DMOZ) every month, and in 3 years it is increasing like the property of Bill Gates.

I applied for a small regional category to become an Editor. But I was never interested for it. In fact i had to apply at last. I was submitting several websites since 2006/2007. None of my suggested sites were related to my profession or personal interest, in fact 99% were designed & developed by other fellows/companies(whom people use to say business competitor). DMOZ was rejecting my application without any reviewer comment(More than 10 Application they rejected without any reviewer comment). And at last I placed this issue in ODP official Forum RZ. Then my application got rejected with the reviewer comment as DO NOT APPLY ANYMORE. And I was blamed in the reviewer comment that I do intend to become Editor for benefiting myself with money for listing other sites in DMOZ. I was shocked. Asked this in their official forum. They did not have any answer, instead of locking the thread.

Jim, till I have honor for ODP. Please keep ODP free from biased, even free from biased CAT MODs or META Editors too.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  4. NeVerTrYFoRME

NeVerTrYFoRME Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems people are getting banned when he or she places a noticable post.

NeVerTrYFoRME, Dec 22, 2010 IP