1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Disney running out of ideas?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Pablo Mena, Nov 14, 2016.

Earlier 2015, another live action adaptation of "Cinderella" came out (along with the mini sequel "Frozen Fever") – an official remake made by Disney. Since then, Disney has announced upcoming live action remakes for "The Jungle Book" (2016) and "Beauty and the Beast" (2017). According to The Huffington Post, other classic Disney movies that are getting live action reboots include "Mulan," "Aladdin" (with a prequel apparently), "Dumbo," "The Sword in the Stone," "Pinocchio," and "Winnie the Pooh." In addition, Disney’s D23 Expo back in August revealed upcoming sequels for "Alice in Wonderland" (the Tim Burton version), "Finding Nemo" (with Pixar), and "Pirates of the Caribbean". Remakes aside, the sequels are still coming. John Lasseter confirmed "Frozen 2." Marvel’s Stan Lee hinted at "Big Hero 7." With all of these live action reboots and sequels in development, one has to wonder… is Disney running out of ideas?

Pablo Mena, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  2. MinaC

MinaC Peon

Best Answers:
    It's been 2019 already and Disney has already released The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Alladin and Dumbo. The overall reception varies from meh to okayish, but I think they all are bad. Sure, they were commercially successful but completely unoriginal. Disney going to make remakes and sequels till 2030, I guess...
    I also keep asking why can't they make an original story or just based on a good book? After spending some time with my kids reading books we already knew which stories we would like to see on the big screen, like The Giving Tree or Madeline? I bet Disney has money to buy rights for these.

MinaC, May 31, 2019 IP
  3. Art Freak

Art Freak Peon

Best Answers:
    Disney can still produce creative and good movies like "Frozen", "Moana" and so. It's just that they realize that they can make big money effortlessly by producing live action adaptations of Disney classics. So they stop making great movies and stories. ‍♀️

Art Freak, Sep 15, 2019 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's better and oftentimes more profitable to take an existing idea and expand on it. Reinventing the wheel this day and age is truly a waste of time, money and energy.

qwikad.com, Sep 15, 2019 IP
  5. Sasih

Sasih Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Disney is constantly coming out with live action remakes and sequels because they know that they can easily make lots of money off millennials through nostalgia. Aside from all the movies, a prime example is their streaming service Disney+. The are easily making profit from people who crave to watch shows and movies from their childhood for under $10 a month. You can say that Disney is “running out of ideas”, but it seems like the idea to make a profit off of nostalgia is going great for them. People who go out of their way to watch all these remakes are the main factor to why this is an ongoing habit for Disney.

Sasih, Jan 28, 2020 IP
    fencerstars likes this.
  6. mmead95

mmead95 Peon

Best Answers:
    Walt Disney wanted many of the franchises to either be remastered or remade every certain amount number of years so that every generation could enjoy them in their own way. Fox and the Hound as well as Bambi were both remastered simply by updating the colors from the originals.

mmead95, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  7. Descard

Descard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid they became better marketers and worse artists. :/ In fact, the films that Pixar makes at their request, in my opinion, tend to be of very poor quality compared to those that are 100% of them.

Descard, Nov 27, 2020 IP
  8. Xrp

Xrp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's called recycling. Less work/money = more money

Xrp, Nov 30, 2020 IP
  9. fencerstars

fencerstars Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They are focusing more on marketing their existing concept. you are right that they make profit out of people's nostalgia. Well having a remake movie is sometimes good but still the customers will look for something new.

fencerstars, Dec 11, 2020 IP
  10. Technophile

Technophile Peon

Best Answers:
    Fascists from Disney fired Gina Carano for thinking differently. People from Disney betrayed Robin Williams. People from Disney physically and psychologically abuse naive children with contracts. They prevent children from psychologically and physically developing in a healthy way by making them act like kids forever while not letting them have free speech on media platforms due to signed contracts. Being a child star from Disney is hell according to Miley Cyrus. There are former children complaining about abuse that was done to them after they signed contracts with Disney. Because Disney is a soul-selling corporation controlled by ultra-wealthy oligarchs that do not care about making art nor people's well-being. They are cut-throat people that care about profit only. So, they are making these banal movies and shows while abusing children, betraying people for profit, etc. because that gives them easy profit. This is why I do not support Disney financially. Because its fascist corporation that abuses children can kiss me where the sun doesn't shine.

Technophile, Jan 13, 2022 IP
  11. hanna backer

hanna backer Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you serious really disney has out of ideas; Well I don't think so!
    are you watched Spiderman: No way home?

hanna backer, Feb 3, 2022 IP