1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is CRO more than A/B testing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by OldCastle, Oct 2, 2021.

Hi,

If you got hired as the guy responsible for CRO, what is your daily routine? I'm asking that because I think I'm missing something about CRO day-by-day tasks. For example, I know that I need to run an A/B experiment. However, it's advice to run one experiment at a time for at least two weeks. So, what do I do in the meantime? If I do any other experiment or make changes on the website, I may put the whole experiment in jeopardy.

Any help?

OldCastle, Oct 2, 2021 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I assume by CRO, you mean Conversion Rate Optimization? In my world, CRO means Contract Research Organization. :)

I would suggest that you set up a separate landing page for each test. That way, you do not have mess with your "standard" home page/website and can set up as many simultaneous tests as you would like with each one having its own landing page that you can tweak, change, etc., without affecting the other tests.

jrbiz, Oct 2, 2021 IP
  3. OldCastle

OldCastle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Conversion Rate Optimization :)

Thanks for the tip.

OldCastle, Oct 2, 2021 IP
  4. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Like mentioned in the comment above, you should definitely try making separate landing pages for each experiment as that way your settings won't get in a collision and you will be able to track results and metrics separately for each campaign that you're testing. This maybe requires some additional work in the beginning, but it's definitely worth it as you won't lose time and will be able to run more CRO tests at once.

VortexAlpha, Mar 25, 2022 IP