1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is creative Guerrilla advertising a good technique?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nathantremblay, Aug 24, 2017.

Hey guys, Is creative Guerrilla advertising a good technique?

I have heard that Guerrilla advertising would be a better option of advertising. Do you think so? Has anyone used this technique to improve your productivity and profit? If so, can I get your help in this matter?

Some of my friends suggested me to use the social media for the promotions. I will have to think about that.

And I’m searching for some good and efficient ways to build this business and hence need opinions from the experts here.

Waiting for your reply.

It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nathantremblay, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  2. nathantremblay

nathantremblay Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found one creative guerilla advertising in Vancouver. Is it a good one?

nathantremblay, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First, you should ask the Mods to move this to the General Marketing section on DP. You will likely get better and more responses.

Now, on to your questions. You do not indicate what product or service you are planning to offer; you also did not discuss your budget, your skills, and or access to any other resources for this project. I have been running the sales and marketing departments of high tech companies for decades and I would not even think of offering you an opinion without these details.

Beyond that, is my concern that you are focusing too much on a buzzword ("guerilla marketing") which I have been using since 1984 when I launched my first guerilla marketing (and sales) effort for a small, software start-up. Guerilla marketing simply means that you are not funded well enough to run a full, traditional marketing campaign. So, you pick and choose when and where you pick your battles against the Goliath(s) that has/have the funding to mount a comprehensive marketing effort. So, you really only consider a guerilla marketing campaign out of necessity (i.e., you don't have the resources to do it "right.")

Regarding social media: it all depends again on the questions that I had for you above. If you are selling dog collars, it might be productive to buy adds on FaceBook or Instagram or Snapchat, etc., while targeting posts about or mentions of dogs. If you are manufacturing and selling a plasma laser CO2 analyzer to measure carbon sequestration in the biomass...not so much. :)

jrbiz, Aug 24, 2017 IP