1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is contnet rewriting is ethical?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by googledaily.com, Sep 12, 2009.

Is contnet rewrting is ethical n legal, as many blogger are doing nowdays?

googledaily.com, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  2. Sneakyheathen

Sneakyheathen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paraphrasing content is technically still plagiarism, unless a source is credited. In my personal opinion, it is neither ethical nor legal, and probably not worth much as far as benefits go.

Sneakyheathen, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  3. AceWriter09

AceWriter09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to focus on rewriting content anyway? Why not come up with something fresh and interesting of your own? If you can't do it, hire someone who can. Wouldn't it be far better to have a website with interesting, new content rather than re-hashing and plagiarizing someone else's work?

AceWriter09, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  4. googledaily.com

googledaily.com Peon

Best Answers:
    acewriter you are write..Im student and recently started hosting a web..im thinking to get a partner. I have a girl interested to start a site, i will ask her..

where comes to content rewriting. its still debatable. As above at you said, Its "Amoral" (Neither moral nor immoral)

googledaily.com, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  5. Kat Fuschillo

Kat Fuschillo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you spend a little time researching your niche/topic, you won't have to re-write anything.

This will give you enough info and ideas to write your own original content. :)

Kat Fuschillo, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  6. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I am not supporting or advocating it, but rewriting saves a lot of time for webmasters.

Many many webmasters do that.

They just get cheap rewriters to create "unique" content.

This saves them both - time and money and allows them to focus on other tasks like SEO.

sachin410, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  7. lostpoet

lostpoet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a question I have always wanted to ask webmasters – Does rewritten content really work for websites? With the exception of certain kinds of websites, isn't it better to have fresh and well written content?

lostpoet, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  8. googledaily.com

googledaily.com Peon

Best Answers:
    its good to write own articles. but this job only can be done by full time webmaster and logger..the part time publisher cant afford it. as im a student and trying to do part time..thats why i was asking about content rewriting..But so far i have not used any software like that..Im thinking to hire a person to write for me for long time at some percentage.

googledaily.com, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  9. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    If you summarize a post or blog and link back too it i don't see whats wrong with that. However if you copy an entire blog post and run a thesaurus through every word longer than 5 chars then that definitly is not ethical.

Brandon_R, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  10. loopy

loopy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's too bad

Maybe on the bottom you could write "rewriiten by ____. original by ____."

a lot of people rewrite articles though.

loopy, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  11. Jovana

Jovana Peon

Best Answers:
    Does rewritten content really work for websites?

I reckon if an article is rewritten well - it would work. I've rewritten articles that look/feel nothing like the original, but it depends on the writer, to be honest.

Jovana, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  12. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why people think citing a source makes it all "okay."

Citing is for when you reference a small nugget, not rewrite someone's work.

Yeah, it saves time. So does robbing a bank or running some other scam rather than working. What's your point?

Like it was pointed out above, you don't need to rewrite other people's material unless you are a freaking complete and utter idiot anyway.

There's so much information out there. Go read up on a subject and write about it.

marketjunction, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  13. Ruth_writer

Ruth_writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    No..content rewriting is fine so long as you dont copy them directly ;)

Ruth_writer, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  14. contentbite

contentbite Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I dont know whether rewriting is ethical or not but according to me one should give emphasis on fresh content and ideas as that will drastically enhance your website ranking and acceptance by google and other major search engines

contentbite, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  15. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its violation of copyright act i think you can rephrase the things but exactly copying the content is illegal and unethical.

wildogre, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  16. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Techinally almost every article that is produced is a re-write in someway or another. The only articles that arent really is news articles. Everything has been documented in one way or another and you are just re-writting it in a different format.

aaron_nimocks, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  17. googledaily.com

googledaily.com Peon

Best Answers:
    yea you are right. we learn from other , may be we learn form many sources then we summarize it in our words.. up to some extent every writer copy something. and if someone says he never copy anything. thats not true

googledaily.com, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  18. Sneakyheathen

Sneakyheathen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does that include articles based off personal experiences. :eek: It's creepy to think that someone's written about my being in the hospital and how it impacted my business...

Sneakyheathen, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  19. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What always shocks me about these threads is how many "writers" say it is OK to rip off other writers.

YMC, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  20. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Rewriting someone else's work and claiming it as your own is a derivative work, and a copyright violation (in the US specifically) unless you have a license or permission. Anyone who says it's otherwise ethical has no business being in the writing / content field, and they probably won't remain players in the long-run (then again they're probably not "players" now anyway if they have to resort to that).

There's plenty of original content out there (and if anything, news is some of the most re-written -- not the most original -- as facts themselves can't be copyrighted so they're re-used all over the place when news strikes). What makes something original isn't whether it covers the same basic information as another article, and covering similar information doesn't make it a rewrite of something else in any way, shape or form. Original work is about style, voice, more personal input from experience, etc. -- the subtler aspects of a piece. People who don't understand that should probably stick to that sometimes illegal and less-than-ethical rewriting work, because until they "get it" they won't be able to truly write anyway.

jhmattern, Sep 16, 2009 IP