1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is clickbank right for me?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Pixelrage, Feb 8, 2007.

I've spent a good deal of time looking at different affiliate programs. I originally wanted to go with Amazon, but the commission you make with them is so minuscule that it seems pointless to bother with - since they wind up making off better than you do (or so it seems). Clickbank sounds promising - but it appears to be a case where you are counting on someone to click the link on your site to another site, and overcome their attention deficit disorder/overall laziness to subscribe to an account on that site and actually buy a product. I'm just not seeing how this program makes any money? Maybe because I certainly wouldn't go through all of that to buy a product - I'd just go to one of the big name brand sites like Amazon or Buy.com...not some no-name site that I have to create a new account for.

..Just looking for someone to offer some advice that might help me understand this more... my site basically has a lot of people who would be interested in buying DVDs. However, when I look through Clickbank - it doesn't even seem like anyone in the marketplace even sells DVD (which is shocking), rather, DVD burning services. So, once again I fail to see the advantage of using Clickbank in my case?

Thanks for any insight :)

Pixelrage, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  2. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm, Clickbank sells DIGITAL products and there are some DVD Burning software on Clickbank, and it's worth promoting it, lots of people make big $ out of it.

Plus you should judge Cb just because you've never heard about them.

dog_24, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  3. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just coached one of my brothers and he made his first commission with clickbank. You can follow his steps here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=2258960#post2258960

Let me know if you have any question.

One of the main problems encountered by people trying to make money with affiliate marketing is that they don't believe in their potential.

Clickbank is right for anyone.

Franck S, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  4. ajenterp

ajenterp Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Your judgement is understandable for not using CB before, but your are misguided. Clickbank only sells digital products, which of course, are downloadedable software, etc....

There are dvd burning programs available through there which you could make some nice cash on. I use clickbank as my only job - so yes it works just fine :) There are many of us that do it as our living. It is not just about signing up to a subscription. Are you referring to someones newsletter? Personally I think CB is in the top 2 programs worldwide if you want to work on your own at home.

All The Best,

ajenterp, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  5. ajenterp

ajenterp Peon

Best Answers:
    Frank S - Are you still a member of Mark Ling's program? I am :) I'm not sure I've seen you on the forum....

ajenterp, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice! I'm going to give it a shot...

I wasnt sure if I should start a new topic for this - but if I also wanted to start one of those "DVD storefront" websites, what's the best affiliate service to use for it? I've been looking around, and the commissions sound too low to even consider.

Thanks

Pixelrage, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  7. forelmashi

forelmashi Peon

Best Answers:
    can we get a number? :p

forelmashi, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  8. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    hah...well, for instance, I was looking at Amazon Associates...you get a 4% referral fee for the # of items shipped in a month...however, if those items are $12 DVDs, then it appears as though you wouldn't be making much, and your efforts would best be spent using another venue...of course, I could be wrong

Pixelrage, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  9. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank is one of the simplest affiliate programs out there, it offers a tons of products/companies a bunch of whom have extremely high traffic and covnersion ratios. You can sign up for free and get paid bi -weekly.

How is this a question? there are other affiliate systems out there but why not use them all?? its free, and can't hurt

moneyspeaks, Feb 10, 2007 IP