1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Clickbank down?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by LilPutian, Oct 10, 2008.

1. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    So have your sales stayed roughly the same the past week?

lisa27, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  2. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I ask is at first it was slow setting up but with an increase of traffic we had an average of 2 - 3 sales a week.

Just over two weeks ago the traffic on our main site has increased a lot and on top of that we have placed more clickbank ads on another site and increased our total hops by about 100% but the past week there has been no sales?

It did seem a bit odd but I thought we were just having a slow period but after what we had and our traffic increase and increased ad exposure I was expecting to increase sales not have them stop all together and reading other people have had the same problems makes me think there's a problem with clickbank.

lisa27, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  3. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... two days with no sales for me... this is the first time that's happened in over a year...

Something is wrong..

I have tons of hops, and no sales.. sigh

kingbrend, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  4. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jack Daniels sounds pretty good right about now! lol

ajbarnes, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  5. JimK

JimK Peon

Best Answers:
    With the current economy it all depends on what niche you are in. Good products of the past may not fit with the current mindset, such as Dog Training, Fat Loss, Forex, etc. How about Depression, Anxiety, Foreclosure? Am I thinking in the right direction?

JimK, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  6. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not, I think you may have got some of the product choices wrong...
    whenever an economy is in recession people are happy (if they are managing as they spend more time with family, become healthier as they cut out junk and become more positive as a result).

It is true, they won't spend as much money on products and may research a lot more before buying a product, but they will still buy quality products they believe can help them solve a problem. In this sense, weight loss could be a GOOD product (i.e. if it is new) and other things like quit smoking, and foreclosure, forex, make money may also sell better to specific groups of people... not everyone, but specific groups of people who are interested in that niche.

Ganceann, Oct 11, 2008 IP
    DPobserver likes this.
  7. JimK

JimK Peon

Best Answers:
    Respectfully, I disagree with you. With all the doom and gloom in the media, with their 401k's losing 30%+, with them either losing their jobs or don't even know if their business will still exist tomorrow, with so many people over-extended on their credit cards and getting their interest rates increased out of the blue, I don't see anything that will make them happy. As things settle down their state of mind will improve but all the average Joe people I know are really down right now. The only ones that I know who are happy are the ones with cash to invest because they see the opportunity of a lifetime now.

This is a topic for a good debate :)

JimK, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  8. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you guys in part, when people feel they are not making enough money they will cut back on things they don't need.

But if you're selling something that people need, people will still come. It's true with me at least. One product I sell is for entertainment purposes only, and sales have all but stopped on that one. I was getting 3-4 sales a day with it until recently.

But another product I promote, there is a need for it. People need it to continue in their business... and sales are strong with it.

So... lesson of the day is... sell something people 'need', not just want and you will do better in the long term.

9. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Had my first PDC sales last night.

Supper, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  10. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:

What would be something to invest in right now? I'm not into stocks but if there was an opportunity out there...

11. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Bank stock is looking VERY promising at the minute... the market just has to bottom out and then it will rise, rise and rise and may even exceed pre-credit crunch rates for some... but it will bounce backwards again when it goes beyond that level. It will then stabilize over the course of a few months... if you managed to buy at the right time, ride out the turbulance and sell at the right time then a huge profit could be made.

If I was investing I would look at the opportunities available now and try to find the stock that has bottomed out and that WILL rise again when the speculators have driven it down as far as they can.

The reason why it is dropping is due to speculators sensing a MASSIVE opportunity to get ahold of some highly prized stock at a very low price... they are making the current problem worse in the short-run so they will make millions in the long-run.

JimK... I didn't mean everyone would be happier - naturally if they have too much of their income exposed to the current conditions, then those people will be nervous and will likely have sold assets off at a loss due to panic. I was meaning the "average joe" would be happier with life as they spend more time with family etc.

The media is to blame for a lot of the panic as well, but for people who have their debt under control and who are not panicking about short-term equity losses (due to buying a number of years ago, they would not lose as much equity etc), those people just need to relax and ride it out.

edit: Warren Buffet is of the same opinion I am... (disclaimer: He didn't phone me up and agree with me, but his actions suggest his opinion on the status of long-term bank rates suggest he has the same opinion as me :p)

Ganceann, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  12. JimK

JimK Peon

Best Answers:
    I have one friend who is buying up forclosures at around 25 cents on the dollar and renting them out or selling them, with him doing the financing at around 12% interest.

An example of this is one he got about 3 weeks ago. It appraised for $80,000. He got it for $19,000. He turned around and sold it for $35,000 with $3500 down so his out-of-pocket expense is $15,500 but he is charging 12% on $19,000. The people buying the house are paying $360/month - a lot less than a 3 bedroom apartment. And in a couple years when the credit market opens up again they will want to refinance at a reasonable rate and my friend gets his original investment back, plus the interest for 2 years, plus a $16,000 profit on the sale.

JimK, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  13. DPking30

DPking30 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just check my account its working properly.

DPking30, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  14. JimK

JimK Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely correct. These are the same speculators that drove the price of oil way up. Now they are taking their profits from that and we see the price of oil dropping as they get out.

It depends on the familly ;)

Agree, the media loves to make a bad situation worse so that they have more to report on. The 40% drop in the Dow is from the alltime high one year ago to now. It is a much smaller loss for those who bought more than a year ago. And it is no loss for the smart ones who are riding it out.

JimK, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  15. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I'm going to buy some BAC stock on Monday... I just like the company.

16. LilPutian

LilPutian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW all I can say is wow I went from ~200/day to $20 all week. Something is surely going on over at clickbank.

from 1:600 ratio to 1:3500 I should be just doing CPC 20k+ clicks wasted this week...

Time to start filling out applications :(

LilPutian, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Last week or so has been awful... Was having a great month on CB previously.

Zibblu, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  18. ascnetwork

ascnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW, this is getting spooky. I have been making an average of one sale per 150 hops (for the past 3 years!) Today 911 (!!!!) hops and NO sale so far.

ascnetwork, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  19. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya today has been pretty brutal. But earlier this week was pretty good.

kinitex, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  20. amazonvn

amazonvn Peon

Best Answers:
    i newbie in career / im want make money online> plz help me> thanks
    :mad:

amazonvn, Oct 17, 2008 IP