1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank Broke? (serious and highly topical)

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by samjaynz, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm starting to notice that many on here that are complaining about clickbank, are trying to milk a narrow niche. While it's good to milk a niche for all it's worth while you can, it's not a good idea to keep trying to milk it - when the milk is gone.

Like NCMedia said - you have to diversify to make it online. If you continue to put all of your eggs into one basket, and always focus on the same niche, you'll eventually lose.

Internet marketing is like a woman with PMS - She knows what she wants, but she's often very moody and changes her mind a lot. You had better give her what she wants, or she'll kick your arse!

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  2. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in a ton of niches. Thanks for presuming what I do.

Supper, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  3. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Notice I said "many" up there - I'm not the one presuming here.

But thanks.

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  4. knight1

knight1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think CB is fine and isn't stealing commissions. I've been getting steady paychecks for almost a year now, ever since I've been putting effort into marketing them. My tips are yes diversify but also market what people still would be interested in even if the economy is bad. There's plenty of good ebooks on cb that do well even when the economy sucks.

by the way I still make awesome profit with ppc ads. I average a sale every 15 to 30 clicks.

Good luck and if cb isn't working for you try something else.

knight1, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  5. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you're presuming to know what the problem is for people even though you have no idea what they do.

Supper, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  6. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that CB is stealing commissions either. In fact, it wasn't too long ago that they announced that they were doing a million dollars in sales a day. They make too much money to jeopardize it by skimming. And besides that - many of us have some sophisticated (and expensive) tracking software in place. It would be hard for CB to pull off such a grand scheme and get away with it.

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  7. Belome

Belome Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to check if it is your marketing or clickbank fault is to simply just try a different affiliate program like paydotcom, which sells similar items, and see if you get the same poor results. Even if just temporarily, it can ease your mind if you are contantly worrying about CB.

Belome, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  8. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:

Sorry - but there are several on here that have come out and said what they do. In fact one person said they had been running the same campaign and keywords for 2 years.

Why not go back and read the threads before jumping on people trying to help out. I can see why - you're - not making money. It's not a diversity issue for you. You're just a stubborn jackass.

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  9. vinogradov

vinogradov Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, the economy alone could not have done such an impact. Even though it is rising now, I think what you are saying is true. IM switching from now on.
    [​IMG]

vinogradov, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  10. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    That is gross. GROSS. It's not profit. They take 7.5% plus a dollar. How much of that goes to credit card fees, refunding, wages, taxes, accounting, customer service, servers, etc.

And I'm not saying they're stealing anything. I think they suck ass at fixing problems.

Since you're the magic genie that can "presume" problems.

Just tell me how I went from record sales. Like I'm talking the best sales of my life and the payperiod changes on 24th of September and everything goes to zeros. And I've been shit in the way of sales ever since.

Presume your little heart out and tell me how this happens, even when my traffic to clickbank increases during this time. Just "presume" for me, like a genie.

Oh I'm stubborn because I don't agree with you. Hilarious.

Supper, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  11. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funny you should post that - here's a graph of the dow:

[​IMG]

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  12. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're going to post a graph, try at least getting the time periods the same. Jesus christ.

Supper, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  13. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know that's gross - I said in sales. That's still $75,000 per day. Yes per DAY. And their office only has a couple of dozen people in it at most. That means that everyone there makes a huge chunk of change. Too much to jeopardize on skimming.

If you can't look at the last square in that graph and line up the dates - then you probably need a little more schooling.

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  14. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    That's 75k minus expenses. They probably pay about 5% in credit card fees, so they're down to 25k. That's just one expense.

lol. My engineering degree doesn't need more "home schooling", but you can't just correlate data when you feel like you want to or when you want it to prove your point.

I see you're not flexing those genie powers.

Supper, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  15. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:

Dude - get over yourself - I was just pointing out that the Clickbank sales trend is following the market trend. Hurray for your engineering degree - it has obviously left you without common sense. No one likes a know it all jerk. If you want to use your knowledge to help out, fine. But to be constantly picking apart people's threads is pathetic.

venrooy, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  16. lisa27

lisa27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, although I don't want to accuse clickbank of stealing as that would be the end of them if they were found out which they would be, something is wrong.

I promote a few CB sites and went from great sales to Zero and doubled my ad exposure and hops so something is wrong.

And if it's like people say and they aren't intentionally taking it but it's an error then buyers money must still be going somewhere instead of us.

I'm going to stick with them for another week or two and if it's not fixed then I'm looking elsewhere

Have any of those people who usually get a lot of sales a day thought about testing them, like maybe asking someone in their family to buy a product after all you get 75% anyway and 25% of one sale in the big scheme of things isn't much and would be a good test you could get the results on?

lisa27, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  17. frederik

frederik Peon

Best Answers:
    The same applies for me as well i was making daily sales for a few months now trough bum marketing and blogging but the last week i made only one sale. Traffic or untarget traffic is not the solution i've written some articles who have generated hundreds of hops and i've used keywords who were converting 1:20 (average 20 hops to make one sale).

frederik, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  18. DPobserver

DPobserver Banned

Best Answers:
    I may missed it but did you wrote to CB about it ? What they reply ?

DPobserver, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  19. kinitex

kinitex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A trend I have been noticing is when markets go up or look like they are going back up, I have amazing days. When markets crash again or look like they are going to crash even further, my sales go back down...

But overall the consistency is somewhat there. I can almost predict how much I am going to make the next day within $100.

kinitex, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  20. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually he's not a publisher.........just a good affiliate............now don't you feel like a drop kick......once again your wrong...:mad:

On another note:

I've looked at my account and over the last 45 days I had one day with no sales, apart from that I had at least one and often multiple sales per day.

Your silly to think that the global situation has no impact on sales, the fact is people are thinking twice about parting with their hard earned dollars and I personally think that is the main reason.

A lot of people are whining about Clickbank stealing commissions and crap which I think is just stupid. Not to say that Clickbank doesn't have problems because they do. Today was a perfect example with the DD failing but it hardly means the sky is falling.

Get over it and work harder or smarter...........

terryd, Oct 15, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.