1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is clayton makepeace legit? monthly service

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sportsfan, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjhanz

jjhanz Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey SportsFan,

First, the easy and simple answer is, YES, your friend is correct. But, let me fill you in on why I think your friend is right about Clayton Makepeace.

You said your friend mentioned it would speed up your learning curve. Again, I agree with your friend.

Let me ask you a question. What's most important to YOU, the $66 it will cost you to join (which is ONLY after you get to test drive it FREE for one month), or is having the ability to take your learning curve on hyperspeed, which can result in you making a whole lot more than $66 a month?

What does SportsFan want?

Is it to learn about copywriting AND direct response marketing from a PROVEN expert like Clayton?

I think you are focused on the wrong thing here. If you are going to be involved in copywriting and/or marketing you absolutely, positively must have a budget for your ongoing education.

Sure, you can read all of the books by the experts. I have, and it helped. But, it wasn't enough. I belong to Clayton's EasyWriters Marketing, I read the Screaming Eagle and his free newsletter/blog.

I also subscribe to and read Dan Kennedy's monthly newsletter and I am a Gold Inner-Circle Member.

And I read everything John Carlton writes. As well as Gary Bencivenga's Bullets. And, when the late, great Gary Halbert was still with us, I read his newsletters too.

I also buy a lot of the courses that come out from these and other experts. Most recently Frank Kern's Mass Control.

And you know what, most of it is worth every penny. Not all, but most.

As for Clayton's material, it's worth a lot more than what he charges.

Do you want to be the best copywriter and marketer you can be? What will being the best copywriter and marketer mean for you? What will it do for you?

More recognition for your efforts and skills?

How much money can it put in your pocket?

Do you go out to dinner? How often? Once a week? Twice a week? If you sat down and counted what it cost you to go out to dinner last month, how much did you spend?

And what do you have to show for what you spent to go out to dinner last month? Are you a better copywriter? Marketer?

Does spending $66 a month to rapidly improve your copywriting and marketing skills sound like a lot now? You just need to put it into perspective.

Besides, you can cancel anytime if you are unhappy. Can you get back the money you spent on going out to dinner last month?

Seems like an easy decision to me. How about you?

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

Jay

P.S. Don't tell Clayton, but part of me wanted to tell you not to join. Who can blame me. I don't need any more Clayton trained copywriters to contend with.

P.P.S. There's enough good competition out there, so if you really don't want to join then who am I to argue. Maybe you're right. In fact, forget everything I said. I lost my mind for a minute.

jjhanz, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  2. cagey

cagey Peon

Best Answers:
    Clayton Makepeace is absolutely awesome, period. His track record speaks for itself. Check out his site, spend as much time as you can reading the free information and read his products page and the sales letters.

Once you go through everything that he has to offer, I'm sure you will find that whatever products he offers is backed by his legendary reputation, and you will not be disappointed.

Good luck

cagey, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  3. rw.richer@sympatico.ca

rw.richer@sympatico.ca Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently studying the AWAI copywriting program and subscribe to Clayton's "The Total Package" as a companion program. When I am stuck in the AWAI program, I always turn to Clayton for a different perspective and have had many "aha" moments.

Just the other day, I was taking a break and decided to read a couple of Clayton's reports that you receive for signing up for his newsletter. When I finished reading "How to Write Killer Ads and Compelling Sales Copy" and "The Eight Components of Irresistible Direct Response Offers" I immediately printed them and inserted them into my reference binder.

My advice is to study the AWAI program to learn copywriting structure, thought process, and proven concepts and sign up for "The Total Package" newsletter. By the time you work through the program and by reading Clayton's articles, you'll know he's for real.

Then you can make an informed decision on the "EasyWriters Club" offer.

Best Regards

Russ

rw.richer@sympatico.ca, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  4. stevegibson

stevegibson Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your friend.. but you don't know me from Adam, so why would you believe me?

I'd suggest you ask your friend why he/she believes Clayton's club could help you.

And, if you're not 100% convinced by what he/she has to say, then the logical thing to do would be to sign up for Clayton's free emails.

If those emails deliver content that helps you progress faster, then you might feel you want the paid stuff.

And, if they don't, you just unsubscribe from the emails. It'll have cost you nothing and there's no hassle about refunds and cancelling payments.

So, nothing to lose... and, if Gary Bencivenga etc know how to spot a high quality copywriter, a lot to gain...

Hope this helps,

Steve

stevegibson, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. Coach1

Coach1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your title, “The Total Package”, is a lie! The truth is that you ought to call it “The Total Philanthropist”.

I must confess, I’m not a copywriter or Rainmaker. I’m a psychologist and life coach. So why did I plunk down cash on the Makepeace cracker barrelhead? How do I know with proof positive that it was worth a big and growing multiple of the paltry purchase price?

I have some online profiles on web directories. I used just a smidgen of learnin’ from your “Two Hours to More Profitable Sales Copy” on just one of the profiles. From my fledging efforts, I have attracted new, quality cash clients that have paid me back MANY times over, and it just keeps on growing.

Well, I cheated. I used a bit of the good-hearted philanthropists’ free stuff, too.

“The “Total Package” has inspired me to create an information product to sell online. Now I may be crazy, but I’m not stupid. When it comes time to market it, I’m going to give you a call.

Why?

The logic is simple minded. If stealing a tiny fraction of “Two Hours to More Profitable Sales Copy” for my profile has already paid me back 19 times the cost, imagine what kind of multiple I would get from your outrageous fees. Let’s see, Master Copywriter / Rank Amateur = %@&%. Darn, my cheap calculator just went up in smoke. I put ice on my hand but there’s fire in my heart.

Coach1, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  6. Michelle K

Michelle K Peon

Best Answers:
    CLAYTON MAKEPEACE IS A BUM!!

If you believe that, I’m sorry to say my friend, but you are sadly mistaken! Don’t ever let this leathered up, tough guy biker on the Harley cruising down the open road, enjoying the ride deceive you!

WHAT, YOU SAY?? He rides a Harley?
    Get the heck out of town!! How dare he!!

Trust me when I say he is perfectly capable of being a “Chief Honcho” and a biker, oh and let’s not forget a devoted family man, all rolled into one!! But why take my word for it when his track record speaks for itself:

§ Genuine and reliable
    § Has a staggering vocabulary along with the keen knack to use it appropriately
    § Gives away more FREE content then you will ever require to succeed
    § Years and years of proven experience
    § Never failing qualities to perform for his clients to help them make money
    § Has worked with the best of the best in his business in order to become one of the best
    § Well known in his market by everyone

And that’s just the business side of him, the tip of the ice burg he may reach one day riding along the open road…but let’s not forget about the amazing personal qualities he possesses:

§ Treats his family, employees, and all his readers (whether you buy something from him or not) with the utmost respect
    § Believes enough in his own abilities and accomplishments to stand up to those who on occasion like to test his patience and question his accountability

So what can you personally learn from this hot-shot biker-dude?

§ All the tidbits you need to get yourself learning at your own pace
    § How to start your own copywriting business
    § How to start your own marketing business
    § OR BOTH and even more!
    § All the insight, help and guidance at your finger tips, from his blog
    § All the fastest and easiest ways to create killer copy/headlines
    § Not to mention the best people writing articles for him as well!

So the next time you’re sitting around wishing you were making money online or off, wishing you could learn more for less, wishing you could be one of the best in your field, DO STOP and think of CLAYTON! Because in a nut-shell that my fellow wanna-be copywriter/marketer/entrepreneur is what the MR.CLAYTON MAKEPEACE and being part of the Total Package Family is all about! With all this and more to offer, why wouldn't you want to be part of it?? And if you still don’t believe me…then just check it out for yourself! And don’t forget to read his mission statement!!

Find all you need to know about MAKEPEACE at:
    www.makepeacetotalpackage.com

Michelle K, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  7. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting how so many PEONS are posting on this thread. Marketing push maybe? I need a shower. So bogus. I think I have now formed an opinion of this subscription service.

webgal, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  8. bflatt

bflatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't help laughing at some of the comments made by some of the users here regarding Clayton Makepeace.

First, I'll go ahead and address the $66/month price tag that some are on the fence about...while others even say is too much. Are you kidding me? If you've ever been to a copywriting or direct response seminar hosted big names like John Carlton, Ted Nicholas, Gary Bencivenga, Joe Sugarman, (or the late, great Gary Halbert), then you know you're going to pay anywhere between $3,000 to $5,000 (or even more) for a few days to sit and listen to these guys. Why would you hesitate to get this kind of information--delivered directly to your home mailbox--for just $66/month.

If you search the Internet, you'll find tons of courses out there to teach you copywriting anywhere from $399 to well over $1000! And many of these are from "no names gurus" that haven't written a control in their life...much less hundreds of them. But for just $66/month, you'll actually get real stuff that works...real stuff that bumps your copy up IMMEDIATELY!

Fact is, continuing your education and advancing your career is costly in any field...the seminars, books, conferences, courses, training, etc. But, if you're serious about what you do and you have a desire to be the best in your field--you suck it up because you know the cost is a small investment for what it brings in return.

Look, I don't want to sound like I'm making money off this (especially because I'm not) but $66/month is peanuts for what you get! 20+ pages of tutorial, a CD interview, and coaching. Where else are you going to get that kind of bang for your buck?

I'm no different from the next guy though...I love free stuff. But, you and I both know that free stuff on the Internet is usually worthless. If you've never visited Clayton Makepeace's Total Package, you are missing out on an incredible resource for your business. When people ask me about learning copywriting, I send them to two places: Copyblogger and the Total Package. You can get a veritable marketing and copywriting education FREE using these two sites alone.

If you've read some of the negative posts on this site, I'd urge you to at least go have a look for yourself. It's at makepeacetotalpackage.com. There are tons of free articles by several success direct marketers, business owners, and copywriters...in addition to the "Chief Honcho Biker" himself :D

Go there--check it out--thank me later

brian

bflatt, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  9. jdrenterprises

jdrenterprises Guest

Best Answers:
    Clayton Makepeace is an absolute copywriting legend.

Being a member of the "Club" allows you to gain access to the knowledge trapped within Clayton's head.

So, how does this benefit you?

One word...shortcut.

You will shave years off of your learning curve by joining the Easyrider Club.

And...you will do it in a way that the results you produce for your clients will be multiplied exponentially.

Join, immediately.

jdrenterprises, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  10. Drop Baby Giraffe On Head

Drop Baby Giraffe On Head Guest

Best Answers:

Big hint... back-handed compliments are not nice and don't work.

Not cool dude...

AWAI for those who don't know, offers a program for aspiring copywriters called, "Acclerated Program For Six-Figure Copywriting." I am currently immersed in this program and I will tell you, it is the real thing.

For the life of me, I can't imagine how it could be a scam... except it is a very hard course. You have to apply yourself and use discipline to succeed. And if you are looking for something easy that can make you lots of money -- look elsewhere.

(So close your email folder, shut the TV off and don't answer the cell phone.)

And if you master the art of selling, my friend... you can legally print your own currency. Because Direct Marketing has been proven over and over again to OUTSELL any other marketing media.

So...

Let's take a look at a current issue of the Forbes magazine... (flip-flip). Now, I'm going to be extremely honest with you here... for the love of all things good -- I cannot imagine how in the world these companies in the advertisements can prove or point to a particular ad and say, this ad made us money!!!

For example, take a look at this hokey ad with a picture of a giraffe on it. The headline says, "Giraffes get dropped 6 feet to the ground at birth."

I don't know about you, but that ad really pissed me off.

First of all, that picture and headline has nothing to do with the company or the benefits of doing business with them. Second of all, I had to think about the first thing that happens after the poor baby giraffe enters our world is a ugly boink on its head.

This company has a website that you can go to and I'm afraid to check it out because I may find out more crazy wild-assed stuff that I don't really need to know...

This company has no way of knowing whether or not this ad worked and boy, the advertising agency must be making lots of money conning companies to put out crappy advertisments. And then when the company comes to its senses and realizes THAT AD was a scam, the advertising agency will be fired faster than than you can say, "Claytom Makepeace's FREE eletter, "The Total Package rocks!"

But in Direct Mail -- you sure will know within a short period of time whether your copy is a winner or not.

And if your letter is a winner, you can pop the cork, spray the champaign on your client and they won't get upset... And why not? Because you, my copy-friend is money in the bank!

And about the giraffee thing? I suppose the only thing it is good for is if you are in a dull party and you need to liven up things.

That's right, $5 million bucks and all the headline is for is a party trick...

What a scam...

11. richard H

richard H Guest

Best Answers:
    Sports Fan -

If you do not want access to the more than 400 articles that they offer in their archives (all for FREE)...Do Not Subscribe

If you do not want access to thousands upon thousands of pages packed with business-building, career-building, response-building insights and advice (all for FREE)...Do Not Subscribe

If you do not want access to the best response-boosting and money-making ideas, advice and insights from legendary pros like Drayton Bird, Gary Bencivenga, Bob Bly, Yanik Silver, Michael Masterson and many others (all for FREE)...Do Not Subscribe

If you do not want access to tons of extra ways to intensify and broaden your understanding of direct marketing with fantastic articles about what’s working now by working pros like Daniel Levis, Troy White, Julie McManus, Tony Flores, MaryEllen Tribby, Carline Anglade-Cole, Wendy Montes de Oca, Pat Coffey and others (all for FREE)...Do Not Subscribe

If you do not want access to a comprehensive direct response glossary and other online tools you can use anytime (all for FREE)...Do Not Subscribe

After you access the FREE stuff, and absorb all the quality content, can you even imagine the value you will receive in the paid club

And if you subscribe, it is only $66 per month, you will be joining the elite group for only a mere $2.20 a day.

I'll go out on a limb and bet you spend at least $1.50 per day on coffee. You may even buy a latte from Starbucks, and we won't even go into what they cost($$$$).

Howard Schultz is a billionaire because he sells the experience (benefit), the allure of being in an elite group.

Clayton Makepeace is a master-copywriter because he sells the experience (benefit).

And Remember, you will be joining the elite group for only a mere $2.20 a day.

So...unless you don't want access to the brightest minds in copywriting...Do Not Subscribe

richard H, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  12. MicheMich

MicheMich Guest

Best Answers:
    Dear Sportsfan,

How much do you pay for Cable TV? If you’re a real sportsfan, like I am, you gotta be shelling out $60-$70 per month for that wide-band Digital Premium Package with the Pay-Per-View add-on. Let’s face it, that’s the price we sportsfans pay just to watch the game. Imagine yourself playing the game: winning the race, scoring the goal, scoring with those high-breasted, scorching hot sports babes, too!

How much would you pay for that, Sportsfan? How much, HUH?

See, you already know the secret to being tops in your game: You gotta spend a little cash to get inside. Same thing is true in the copywriting game.

Clayton Makepeace’s Easywriter’s Marketing Club is the fast and easy way to cut to the front of the pack. And that’s where you want to be, Sportsfan. Because all those wasp-waisted, sports women, who look like Angie Harmon, are standing in the winner’s circle, and they’re waiting for YOU! Yeah, YOU! And you can put yourself on course to the winner’s circle for only $66, by joining Clayton’s Easywriter’s Marketing Club today.

What? Are you still here? Look, membership in this private club is going to close as soon as all the smart men sign up. So, let me give you a special incentive. This secret advice is free because I want to meet you there, at the bar, where all the copywriting girls hang out.

Here’s your secret bonus: The $66 is tax deductable. Can you believe it? You just write it off to Uncle Sam, next time you file as a bonafide professional Copywriter. That’s the kind of savvy insider info pick-up women love. And that’s the kind of savvy insider info you’ll pick up at Clayton’s Easywriter’s Marketing Club.

So don’t think about it. Just do it. And if you do it today, Clayton says he’ll personally introduce you to some Native American biker chicks. I guarantee you: they make NASCAR girls look like snow-board bunnies.

And you’ll never watch Cable TV again.

MicheMich, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  13. Michael P

Michael P Peon

Best Answers:
    I say yes.

To begin with, I have followed several copywriters for over 5 years and Clayton is definitely on top of my list. I am not a copywriter. I am a Real Estate Broker trying to enhance my business and pull people (new clients) with the written word. A while back Clayton published a High-School Dropout’s Guide to effective Punctuation and I found this to be the most effective tool I have seen for some time by anyone. Simple, short and handy, (already wore out 2 copies). “A simple guide handed to me on a golden platter.”

I placed into my book the short report on 3 most common blunders and commenced to rewrite most of what I do. I also read The Total Package with all his guest writers he has writing for him. I read the 21 bullet Secrets and began using this information to produce eye appeal, stressing my points, getting the attention etc.

One of Clayton’s Guest writers put out a small report How to Get Testimonials? This included written verbiage on how to have the client write that testimonial? Rather than “Trying to re-invent the wheel” I have emailed this 2 page report to all my sales agents. I believe in testimonials but to have thought out constructed words “handed to me like candy”, Yeah, I grabbed it fast. So simple, and yet very few want to share this kind of information (HOW).

Oh yeah, “how to turn features into benefits. This latest article by one of Clayton’s Writers (Caroline Cole) has helped me more than I can ever say. 99% of all real estate flyers and advertisements only talk about the features never the benefits (just read any paper). My question has always been; how do I come up with benefits out of my features (this isn’t nor has been easy)? Everyone talks about selling the benefits but I only read features (Pool, 2-car garage, tool shed, view, etc). Well, she explained a few simple techniques and light bulbs began flashing in my head and her examples literally came off the page. This article I needed 32 years ago. I immediately began redesigning a post card mailer that will be printed and mailed out soon.

In conclusion; I feel Clayton is Legit. He answers my age long question of Why, What and How? After rewriting and doing what he says I receive results. I have even taken the “Me” out and began dropping my company name to the bottom of everything. I have even begun to enjoy reading my own stuff. (Everybody has read lately how the Media is tearing, ripping and shredding my business apart through the TV, News-Media and every branch they can find; so I need all the help I can get to overcome the worst negativism I have ever seen in my 32 years as a Real Estate Broker). Yes, Yes, Yes; Clayton has helped me in the Past, Today and I believe tomorrow. A lot of this information is like Manna from heaven. I have looked and looked for years. I will be a student of Clayton’s for a while. Having flown helicopters in combat and stateside for 8 years and 32 years in the Real Estate Profession My Gut says Clayton is For Real and is legit. Just read his articles and his guest writers articles and their past articles and see if they work for you. They are working for me. The First STEP is, you Must Read them.

Michael P, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  14. Ripitup

Ripitup Peon

Best Answers:
    GET OFF THY DUFF, PEOPLE!!

1. Is the bad biker dude worth subscribing to for FREE?
    Answer: Of course not, everyone knows FREE KNOWLEDGE
    IS VIRTUALLY WORTHLESS. I knew in my heart of hearts
    he was a scammer. Fourteen months ago I went to 3 of
    my local retail businesses and offered to make them a post-
    card to give to their customers when they left the business
    with an offer with a GUARANTEE of better service or they would
    get $50. If business improved they had to hire me on a monthly
    retainer basis to write promos, brochures, special offers, etcetera.

I now have 5 local businesses paying me for this service with an
    average work time per month of 3-4 hours per client.

Thank you bad biker dude for now making me $$$ with your
    FREE WORTHLESS SCAM RIDDEN ADVICE!

2. Why bother to go to the local real estate and insurance sales offices and
    offer to write them a pitch letter after comparing their current ones and
    do it for FREE? MORE WORTHLESS FREE ADVICE FROM A MAN WHO LOOKS
    LIKE HE KEEPS EVERY LOCAL BAR IN PROFITABILITY!

Answer: Oh, this is just great. I now have to write 4-7 letters/postcards per
    month for 3 businesses because of FREE WORTHLESS ADVICE FROM
    A GUY WHO HAS A FACE LIKE A CLENCHED FIST. I mean this has
    turned into WORK. Don't you just HATE THAT?

3. Do you agree that FREE WORTHLESS ADVICE on the In's and Out's of
    copywriting/marketing is just a total pain in the DUFF?

Answer: I sure as heck agree. I now have to work from home or where ever
    I take my laptop PC. Whatta PAIN!!! I refuse to take anymore FREE
    WORTHLESS ADVICE from a guy who makes me work and make
    money. The absolute nerve of some people.

Recalcitrantly Yours: Senor Ripitup:

Ripitup, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  15. bill slater

bill slater Peon

Best Answers:
    Clayton makes it look so easy that "even a caveman could do it" if they had "The Total Package", but I don't think they could handle "Easywriter".

If you want to follow someone at the Top, Clayton's your man ... but, you better bring your oxygen - the air is mighty thin up there.

Always upward,
    Bill

bill slater, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  16. The Professor

The Professor Peon

Best Answers:
    Mmm...

I just saw this post concerning the legitimacy of Clayton Makepeace and his copywriting course.

I actually chuckled, and said to myself (you've got be kidding).

OK, so here's the lowdown - from a copywriter.

I'm a veracious student of the copywriting profession and it's illustrious
    history...

and I've learned from the greats like Claude Hopkins, David Ogilvy, Rosser Reeves, Gary Halbert, Eugene Schwarz, Joe Vitale, John Carlton, blah, blah, blah.

In my estimation, Clayton is a compilation of the best of ALL of them.

Sooo, a word to the wise is sufficient...

check his stuff out on his website for yourself.

And if you don't agree that Clayton's stuff is stellar, through your own meticulous observations...

then all I can is this...

your intellectually dishonest! :cool:

Cheers!

The Professor, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  17. knowledgeman

knowledgeman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sportsfan,

Is Clayton Makepeace legit? He sure is.
    Is his Easy Writers Club worth joining at $66 per month? It sure is.

If you’re new to copywriting, you have an awful lot to learn…but you will be at the best vantage point on the planet to do it… www.claytonmakepeacetotalpackage.com

And you will be doing it there in style… standing on the shoulder of giants.

Clayton Makepeace is THE giant of giants when it comes to copywriting. He ranks with legends such as:-

• David Ogilvy, founder of Ogilvy & Mather, one of the largest Ad Agencies
    in the world.
    • Gary Bencivenga
    • Drayton Bird
    • Gary Halbert

You need to:
    • Listen to everything he has to say about copywriting
    • Read everything he has ever written on copywriting
    • Act on every advice he gives about copywriting and building your business.
    • Subscribe to his Easy Writers Club. If it means shedding out $66 monthly,
    so be it. It’s a modest price to pay for a happy, fulfilling future.

For your $66 monthly subscription, you will get:
     The Screaming Eagle Newsletter, a hard-hitting expose of the master
    skills of the best control producing copywriters in the world.
     The Ride-Along insert, the illustrated companion of the Screaming Eagle
    newsletter.
     The Easy Writers webinar, a monthly live hook-up with Clayton, where he
    spills his guts, showing you the very latest monetizing tactics in
    copywriting...tactics that have earned him millions.
     The RoadHouse Rants audio CD, monthly interviews with the very best
    brains in copywriting.

Your Easy Writers Club membership will put you at a vantage point head and shoulders above your contemporaries. It will put food on your table, and let you live your dreams.

Go for it, my friend…Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Goodluck!

knowledgeman, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  18. Magmatek

Magmatek Peon

Best Answers:
    @Sportsfan:
    >Is clayton makepeace legit? monthly service
    >I am thinking of signing of for his easy writers club which costs $66 per
    >month. My friend said this would shorten my learning curve. Anyone know of
    >him? He is affiliated with Awai, i believe, but i've seen their name slurred and
    >mentioned in the same breath as scam, so i'm not sure.

What are you not sure of? Is it the $66 investment you're about to make (which is guaranteed, meaning you can ask for a refund)? When they fail to honor their guarantee, then you can safely label the business a scam. But NOT BEFORE.

However if you still fear that the overall operation might be a scam, (meaning a fraudulent business scheme, a fly-by-night operation), there's the phone contact and physical address for you to perform due diligence.

They have also hired qualified readers to work as copywriting interns, who have to relocate their families to work in Clayton's office. IT'S NOT as though it has the looks of fake startups, with no reachable contact numbers, employing virtual office routines, and with no identifiable real business owner shown on their websites.

Those should be the first tell-tale signs of suspicious internet scam operations, that you need to look out for instead. FYI, you are able get hold of Clayton and/or his staff at 1-800-827-0940 (U.S.Toll-Free) or 1-828-456-9277 (Int'l). Alternately, use their online contact form here: http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/contact-us/

-----
    The Screaming Eagle (tm) is published monthly by Clayton Makepeace and the Profit Center (tm) as part of the Easy Writers (tm) Marketing Club. It is owned by:
    The Profit Center (tm)
    15430 Endeavor Drive
    Jupiter, FL 33478
    -----

@Sportsfan:
    >My friend, who has been studying copywriting for about 2 years, told me
    >that in order to make big bucks in this business, you have to spend money
    >on the learning courses, newsletters, etc. He said that unless i do the
    >same, I can't count on making good money doing it. However, from what
    >some of you are saying, this doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone
    >else chime in with their thoughts on this?

You are probably worried whether the investment can make you as successful as it claims. If not, then you'll call it a scam, right?

Well, first of all, you have to judge whether it's a quality education that you'll be enrolling for. If it's a top-notch production (like many posters here would attest to), giving you every material and support needed to boost your chances of success in the copywriting career, and you still fail to make it, then where's the fault originating from?

Scrupulously choosing a valid educational provider, although "abso-freaking-lutely" necessary, is by itself not enough -- unless the pursuer's resolve to succeed is equally as strong and adamant. Even Harvard or Oxford have their fair shares of failures too. Are they scammers? So there you go...

@GlobalGamingNews:
    >I could not imagine paying almost $70 per month to get writing tips from
    >a "Chief Honcho" biker going by the name of Clayton Makepeace. Even if his
    >offer is legitimate and valid, the whole prospect just sounds too comical to
    >take seriously.

Forget the names. You can take a look at his website archive (check link below). From July 2005 onwards, there are now 369 issues for you to read, all for free.

Then you can judge whether the contents are comical, or whether they are able to give you a serious edge in honing up your copywriting chops, real time.

As for his offline $66 subscription newsletter, you can get 4 free samples online (Christmas gift editions), ... Good luck finding the jester elves from Santaland, if you like comical :)

Then again those are the known facts. If you want to see Clayton at his comical best, read this: http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/about/meet-clayton/

@webgal (Berserker)
    >Interesting how so many PEONS are posting on this thread. Marketing push
    >maybe? I need a shower. So bogus. I think I have now formed an opinion of
    >this subscription service.

Congratulations on having formed an opinion. You are entitled to it 100% :eek:) You are also absolutely right THIS is a marketing push (more like an orchestrated marketing hook actually).

But whether it's bogus, you don't know that yet.

And you're invited to investigate further, if you have any inklings. Clayton's website and a few product samples, are open to your ardent scrutiny, at the very least.

Again, here are the links:
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/tools/archive-of-back-issues/
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/happy_holidays/ScreamingEagleIssue1.pdf
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/happy_holidays/RideAlongIssue1.pdf
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/clayton-makepeace/cheers.html
    http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/clayton-makepeace/ho-ho-ho-more-holiday-gifts.html

FINAL VERDICT: To get the best value and obtain the highest returns, BUY THIS when you are in position to immediately put the stuff you learn into an operating campaign. Otherwise, this is not for classroom learning. Neither is this for homebased distance learning. This Is for ACTION. Strictly. Only. Period.

Haven't heard of AWAI and Clayton Makepeace? Both offer cutting-edge direct response copywriting courses. Do a search for "clayton makepeace" in Google, you get 22,800 results. As for "Awai", you get 338,000 results. Awai is part of Agora Publishing Group, a $300-million per year publishing company.

Magmatek, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  19. sortie

sortie Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the biggest myths running around on forums like these is that all the information you'll ever need on a subject is FREE. That couldn't be further from the truth. Almost every time i've paid for information, i've gotten ideas that i've never found in free sources, until months or even years later.

One of the best ways to decide on whether to pay someone for information is to first see how good their free information is. If you've been to Clayton Makepeace's website, you'll notice there is a ton of free content available. There is so much, you would almost think that there would be nothing left for him to charge for.

But, when you're one of the highest paid copywriters in the world, and you've been doing copywriting for as long as he has, then you're bound to know more than the average copywriter trying to just make a decent living.

While I could get information on the sites of many other copywriters, there are a few things I think that set Clayton Makepeace apart from all the others.

For one, he respects good design and realizes how important it is. This is something that i've found lacking among most Direct Response copywriters. They almost treat graphic designers as if they are a problem that hinders their work. I think it's one of the reasons why Clayton Makepeace is so successful with many of his promotions.

Another thing I like about him is that he doesn't write and teach hyped-up sales copy. He practices and teaches intelligent and helpful sales copy that gets past people's B.S. detectors.

One last thing i've found is that Clayton always over-delivers in everything. He over-delivers in his newsletters, his articles, and especially in his products. Once you've read his material, everything else just looks and reads amateurish.

sortie, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  20. Trauernicht

Trauernicht Peon

Best Answers:
    If the big complainers have a closer look at all the highly successful copywriters there are a couple of common denominators.

About all of them used to be totally broke - like most of the complainers on the internet.

About all of them were bad when it comes to selling. They had to learn the hard way. Rejection, not meeting bills, failing salesletters - about the same things the complaining crowd still meets every day.

They had to learn closing deals, had to learn to find good clients, find out you worked for free when things do not work out, had to deal with cheating clients....

So at some point these top copywriters started to take things serious. (Unlike the complaing crowd). Started to study and implement. Like learning to play guitar seriously. Starts with bleeding fingers. Back hurts from holding the guitar. Fingers cramp up. Playing the same thing over and over again until it is good. It takes about a 500 - 1000 hours to become good. No matter what you do. Flying, tennis, golf, trading - whatever.

Yes, you can probably make a living as a copywriter staying on the level. But now the chaff seperates from the wheat. The real good guys start looking for a better teacher when having done the 500 - 1000 hours of homework / training. So they can learn from other peoples mistakes.

After 5.000 - 10.000 hours you are within the top lets say 1%. The testpilot league. I am talking about hard practice on your guitar. Over and over again. Eliminating the mistakes only you and the top 1% know about.

Now isn't it common sense to look for the best mentors, information, training & tricks when you want to become the best testpilot? Or do you just learn flying by yourself? Yes, you can start on a Wright Brothers level all by yourself - it is a free world after all. But honestly - what are your fair chances of reaching a test pilot level?

Code word: Shortening learning curve.

If you want to reach test pilot level you start to study all kinds of different aeroplanes. Even if you might never fly the exotic types. Why does some aeroplane stall earlier than another? How does each plane announce it is about to stall? Some aeroplanes vibrate, some aeroplanes just tip over the wind, some aeroplanes just drop down gently.

Knowing that kind of information can save the pilots life at a later point in time. It is the kind of information you need when you test a new aeroplane. Or prevent the test pilot from climbing on an aeroplane that is not ready to be tested. You do not need that kind of information if you decide do be average.

Then there are the really good pilots. The astronaut guys. Many train to get there, but just a handfull gets into space. They keep close contact to other astronauts - looking for the small detail which makes them better.

No different in copywriting & sales, tennis, flying etc.

It is easy to stop along the way. Many try to hold you back. It even makes sense to stop along the way. Why study every day? You just kind of stumble over the same stuff again and again. Similar headlines, the Schlitz beer ingredients, the piano letter, artificial deadlines ....

But the little differences in interpretation, the different angle each time you stumble over the same story, new insights - that makes the difference! Just like every aeroplanes that stalls differently. Learning and studying kind of information makes the difference for you as a copywriter.

Now with a guy like Clayton Makepeace you have an austronaut that gives you the blueprint to become an austronaut. There is just a little catch.

You have to invest 500 to 1000 hours to get ahead. If you do that you are probable within the top 3 - 5% of all copywriters. And to get really good you need 5000 to 10000 hours.

You can spend that time complaining on forum or blogs. But life goes on. Where do you stand in 500, 5000 or 10000 hours? Still complaining while life passes you buy?

Just because you can download music illegally that does not give you the right to expect to have everything for free!

And if you expect others to give out their best for free - why don't you do it yourself? Go tell your boss you want to work for free for the next 30 days. It would not even impair your integrity!

Regards Markus Trauernicht

PS: Go ask Micheal Jordan if he would train you for free.... or $ 67 a month.

Trauernicht, Mar 8, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.