1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is CJ Down?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by netproint, Jul 24, 2008.

1. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, is it safe to use my username and password or any other account information through these proxy sites?
    I guess not...
    Even though I may be able to login, it will keep showing the login screen when I navigate from one page to the other .. this is what happens with https sites.
    So this solution is no good ...
    SEMrush

netproint, Aug 4, 2008 IP
    SEMrush
  2. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr. Chaudhry,
    Thanks for the information, it is a relief to know that someone is working on this problem.
    Do you think some problem like this could take 10 days? Is it such a big problem to deal with?
    I am amazed. Airtel is not a road-side ISP ... It is one of the top notch companies in India.
    Is it possible to check with the Airtel people you know why is it taking so long? One reason could be the network that blocked the IP is not replying why they blocked, but any other reasons that you know ...
    It sucks to know that some network in California blocked IP address of hundreds thousands computer's access to one site.
    Were you able to access www.cjsettlement.com ?

Regards,
    Andy.

netproint, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  3. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Everyday, people attempt to hack my website (a billion pages) - I keep receiving hints through my scripts. They may be attempting more to hack huge network sites. On one such indication, IP was perhaps blocked - absolutely no offense. We cannot be sure whether or not Airtel requests are properly routed to correct place. For a week Airtel had been perhaps checking fault at their end. Some more days locating contact detail of blocking IP. Just now my IP changed from 122.163.88.xxx to 122.163.144.xxx - that means they are exploring different options without depending solely on unblock.

drkchaudhry, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  4. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    From name of website, you should have judged that the user is spammer. The proxy site suggested would be saturated with risks. On an earlier page, I have posted tiny proxy script. In case you use that or my website ukmall.net/show.php , you may use CJ without problem. I have some roots in Chandigarh. My wife's brother is principal of SDD Engineering College Panchkula. His son is Joint Commissioner Income Tax, transferred from Chandigarh to Patiala.

drkchaudhry, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  5. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    As I gather, solution is eluding Airtel team. Since they perhaps never handled such problem before, they are busy reading trouble shooter literature. With so many technicals struggling, nut may crack any time all of a sudden. Let us hope that happens during current or next hour.

drkchaudhry, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  6. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to update. I can login using Opera after all. It didn't work previously because of a proxy setting. Though it worked with other sites. After removing the proxy setting, Opera can login without problem and navigate through the site. With Firefox, although I can login, I get logged out when I go to some pages; same with IE.

libra212, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  7. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    my CJ login does not appear serious problem

but I found another problem about CJ reporting. The "performance report" seems a quite down . My own stat shows more traffic. Also my revenue down. It really upset me.

Anyone who has occurred the same problem?

DoDo Me, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  8. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    What does Opera or any other browser has to do with the IP address being blocked? You can try 10s and 100s of other browsers, but if your IP is blocked, hell you can't do anything. Using proxy may help, however, I believe the problem is not only with the Airtel Broadband User's (India) IP being blocked by some noobster network in US, there are reported problems within CJ admin functionality in user's accounts.
    When I called CJ and hard a word with Laura in Client Support, she told me that they have recently upgraded the control panel or something which caused some problems for some users. CJ upgraded something, IP address of Airtel broadband users blocked and God knows what else is coming this way. Fukk sake, i just started to deliver as I recently got one new site developed which was designed to promote CJ products and BAM!! *#&@#%^##^*^(#&*@((&$^
    I'm really pissed ...

netproint, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  9. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    What proxy settings in Opera? At the top several fields and at bottom single field are empty. I just uncheched "Use HTTP 1.1 for proxy" and "Use proxy setting for Local Server". What did you do with settings? cj.com, banner link domains and product link domain all are not working with four browsers. Being a programmer though I continue working on CJ without much problem.

drkchaudhry, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  10. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    drkchaudhry, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  11. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh well .. some sucker dieing to hack and so many paying for his noobiness .. Can't such assholes be tracked and shot in the balls? We can understand that blocking the hacking IP is the best in such situations, but is that all that can be done? Hackers are hackers and thats what they live on .. If their IP is blocked, I'm sure, they will find other ways to attack the intended network(s) through other available resources over and again. The only way to end this mess is to do what Mr. Chaudhry is doing .. Contact the Domain Registrar, Hosting service provider, Internet service provider or may be contact FBI or Interpol .. whatever .. I believe blocking IP and then sitting quite think you have won the battle, is nonsense. Moreover, One person trying to hack, doesn't gives you the authority to block a whole nation's access. Outrageous .. isn't it ...
    Nevertheless, I contacted Airtel yesterday and had a word with a supervisor who mentioned that they are waiting for a response from the network who blocked Airtel Broadband IP and that network seems to be one of the most irresponsible network that they don't even care to reply back and give information what are they going to do to restore access of thousands...

netproint, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  12. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    1. Today I blocked IP 213.217.xxx.xxx from accessing my website. IP belongs to a webhost and hacking was being attempted through script on a website hosted with them. Obviously users of that IP may be in hundreds who may not bother about access to my website. Two websites whose URL were being planted are perhaps also the victims, like me.
    2. If a lakh persons are made to share one hall and one of those has infective disease, all are at risk. The blocking person has no idea whether just one user is or entire states are blocked.
    3. Most probably, our IP is not blocked by a human being. It is perhaps blocked by security software of CJ. I don't think any one there is bothered about our number and need to check incident of blockage. I have no problem using CJ with my script. The more viable solution would change of IP.
    4. IP block theory itself is not final. Airtel changed IP from 122.163. to 122.162. and latter IP was not accessing CJ. That only indicates that no IP may be blocked at all. Bug may lie either with Airtel software or CJ software. No one would block 122.16x.xxx.xxx - only last two sets are perhaps blocked.

drkchaudhry, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  13. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
  14. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    As conveyed to netproint over telephone, this URL would work only with your email and password in it :-
    Example : members.cj.com/member/foundation/memberlogin.do?uname=doctorkc@educationalvideos.us&pw=myself

drkchaudhry, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  15. sweetrock82

sweetrock82 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this problem was there for around 12 days. I am in India. from last night i am getting it right.
    I got the page open and logged in and did all my stuff.

sweetrock82, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  16. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Your profile indicates you are in Delhi. Please indicate if you are also using Airtel Broadband and your IP, viewable at ukmall.net/email.php . If you are using Airtel Broadband, that would give me some hope of early resolution.

drkchaudhry, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  17. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    Any status update? I still can't access CJ. I think they have blocked the entire range of 122.163 IPs, I'm in Gurgaon and am using Airtel Broadband.

I tried accessing it form a Reliance connection and it works perfectly fine.

Lord Hades, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  18. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    Any news on this?

Lord Hades, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  19. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah man, They are still trying to work out. I get calls now and then .. same calls .. someone called from Airtel day before yesterday and requested a screenshot of tracert to cj.com .. I sent the screenshot through email. Haven't heard from them since then. Obviously, they are still going round and round to resolve the problem. May be Dr. Chaudhry can give us some news about their progress.

netproint, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  20. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    Aww.. that sucks big-time. I didn't even bother calling Airtel as they've got awful customer service

Lord Hades, Aug 17, 2008 IP