1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is CJ Down?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by netproint, Jul 24, 2008.

Hi,

I have been trying to open CJ.com since yesterday and all it is doing is coming up with 'Server Not Found'.
    I checked with a US Http Proxy and CJ site is opening up fine.
    Is it down for 'some' countries or is it just me.
    May be they blocked my IP or something ..
    I really have no idea.
    The last thing I did yesterday was, contacted a few Advertisers to approve my 'Publisher Joining Request' as they auto-declined when I applied for their affiliation.
    Is this against CJ TOS to contact advertisers using my Yahoo Account? Are we supposed to contact advertisers through CJ Account? Or is it something else? Does CJ block IP addresses in case a publisher has not generated sales?
    I really have no idea what went wrong. I have been a CJ affiliate since over 6 months, I have delivered atleast 100 to 300 clicks each month, but since my website does not get too much traffic, I was unable to generate even a single sale (I know, pretty common among 90% affiliates).
    But, please do advice, what can be done in situation if they block an affiliate's IP Address?
    In any case, I'm tired of promoting their links .. dont know what they are upto.
    I may be burning up for nothing, could be some technical problem at their end. I also noticed an Alert in upper left side that their servers will go under maintanace for an hour on July 24th. But it is well over 24 hours, the site is still not opening.
    Any idea, whats wrong?

Regards,
    Andy.

netproint, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  2. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    Come on guys ..
    Can anyone affiliated with Commission Junction just click on this link...
    http://www.cj.com/
    and tell me if the site is opening up without any problems...
    Anyone getting "Server Down" or "Page cannot be displayed" ?
    Regards.

netproint, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  3. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    All your apprehensions regarding status of your account are misfounded. CJ site appears to be under serious problem - unseen during a decade. Not only website but banner/product URL also are not working. I am in Delhi India. What is your place?

drkchaudhry, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  4. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Appears to be a problem restricted to some places/country. I developed a script and was able to login. You may try immediately
    http://ukmall.net/show.php
    or later
    http://ukmall.net/show.php?domain=cj.com

5. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    http://ukmall.net/show.php
    or
    http://ukmall.net/php/show.php?domain=cj.com

6. wagooza

wagooza Active Member

Best Answers:
    CJ is down for me too (for the past 2 days now). However, I can open the site using a proxy. This is really annoying...

wagooza, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  7. im.imrankhan

im.imrankhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes CJ is down I am in India. Does CJ is completely down or they have restricted there site for India only. I would like to here someone from other country.

im.imrankhan, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  8. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    All CJ domains have been inaccessible here for over 48 hours. I created support ticket. I think the domains are accessible at CJ point and they are not aware of the problem. Obviously they have not blocked any country. You may use CJ account at http://ukmall.net/show.php

drkchaudhry, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  9. tom@totalodds

tom@totalodds Peon

Best Answers:
    No, CJ is working fine for me UK

tom@totalodds, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  10. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ is not working for me. I'm at my wit's end.
    Though I could login to the site using members.cj.com/member/login, I get to a strange looking webpage. And most of the buttons don't work. Or they take me back to a login page, where in fact I cannot log in again.
    What's happening? The contact button is not functioning. What's the cj email address to write to?

libra212, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  11. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Please check up http://ukmall.net/show.php - all CJ account functions are working there. From your account, you may create support ticket.

12. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the url, which I connected to. But it brings me to the same login page as when I use members.cj.com/member/login. And the buttons shown on the page do not work. May be not all, but the contact and help buttons don't work.

The page shows I have an offer pending approval. I click that link, it takes me to the advertiser pending approval, but I cannot accept because the "accept" button does not work.

Very frustrating.

13. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    Cannot say why that happens. Since yesterday, I have been using CJ perfectly well. From ContactUs I created support ticket and also accepted pending offers without problem. The site is now showing up in mobile phone web browser. Perhaps this development would extend to our computers too.
    Yes, I use Opera and not IE - that may explain difference in CJ features access from my script.

14. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your mention about using Opera. I downloaded Opera and logged in to CJ using Opera - everything works (so far)!
    So that seems to be the trick! But it amazes me that a network like CJ cannot get itself to work on the more popular browsers - IE7 and Firefox.
    Anyway - problem seems to be solved.

15. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    The problem is solved in your computer ONLY. I and others have to wait. I can access my CJ account through script but banner/product links are not working. I keep checking links and removing outdated ones. That activity stands suspended.

16. libra212

libra212 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
    I hope CJ gets its act together soon, and makes life easier (or as it should be) for its own members.
    The thing is it used to work OK - though always a bit clunky. I wonder what they changed and why.

17. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    CJ admin take it as local ISP problem, not of concern to them. Unfortunately, location of affected users at this forum is not specified. I am in New Delhi, India using Airtel Broadband Connection. If more affected users provide such information, some collective step may be taken. It is already 4th day and that assumes serious proportions. Until support tickets are made from multiple countries, CJ would remain uninvolved.

18. drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry Guest

Best Answers:
    It is 5th day of trouble. With no one else posting, should I presume that no one else is affected now?

drkchaudhry, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  19. engedi05

engedi05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IT is very slow for me...

engedi05, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  20. netproint

netproint Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm on Airtel Broadband and seems like only affiliates from India are experiencing the problem. I'm not sure whats causing the problem. I left a message for my account manager on her voicemail and waiting to hear back from her. I guess, I will have to wait another day since CJ customer service is available from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. I will call them in their business hours and may be they can shed some light on this matter. So, for now, crossing fingers and waiting for them to act. I have already signed up with linkshare and going ahead with them :)

netproint, Jul 27, 2008 IP