1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Buying Links Still Worth It?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by trivum, May 12, 2007.

With Google going on a mad rush to find and dis-count paid links, I wonder if buying links through traditional means is still worth it. Although there's no way to know if a link has been bought or not if dealing directly with a webmaster, I wonder if places like text-link-ads are still legit. I know that if I were Google, I would go and buy a link on every public place I could find and then discount those sites. The word would soon get out that you "can't hide" if you deal with these public link buying shops.

Is the future of link-buying being pushed to complete underground status?

trivum, May 12, 2007 IP
  2. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still find buying links very effective and greatly increase my rankings. I am a big spender on TLA and and I could not compete very well without TLA. So for right now I think it's still worth your money to buy links if your in a very competitive area.

SEO Jeff, May 12, 2007 IP
  3. Kontent.solutions

Kontent.solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    It does and will continue to work... Google may say what they want, but they'll never be able to stop one from selling links.

May be services like TLA might have a bit of rough time, but individual sellers and buyers will go on to benefit from it.

Just because they want to be better, they can expect the whole world to run according to their wishes n will !! Hmph ..

All success,
    ~G

Kontent.solutions, May 12, 2007 IP
  4. SellLinks

SellLinks Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Exactly...

I dont think google will ever be able to stop selling, or penalize selling.

They would have to change too much regarding their algorithm.

With this in mind, I created a new site, http://www.sell-links.com that focuses on helping link Sellers to do so in a way that will not get them penalized.

We are currently looking for more publishers. Our benifits include the following:

1. We only charge a 15% commission. (compared to 50% at most other places)

2. We offer different types of link sections, such as paragraphs and articles (This is done to help keep google and other search engines from tracking which links are purchased and which are not.)

3. Once you list your links, you will just have to install the small script at the location you want the links to appear, and new links will automatically be added to your site (at your discression, of course)

4. You will have a personal inventory page, which you can direct interested buyers to visit. When they do so, and signup on the site, you will be known as their "referrer" and 5% of all that they spend will go back to you directly. Also, 1% of all that their referrals (2 tier referral pyramid) spend/make will be directed to you as well.

Most Importantly, we do not put a link to our site on the sold link areas, so there is no way to easily track via that method.

SellLinks, May 12, 2007 IP
    eXe likes this.
  5. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Use it if it helps your site.

rmartish, May 12, 2007 IP
  6. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    trichnosis, May 12, 2007 IP
  7. axlarry

axlarry Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great post. Yeah, I guess it's still worth to buy links. At least for traffic.

axlarry, May 12, 2007 IP
  8. guy123

guy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    link sales are still big business... it's nearly impossible for google to penalize you for a link sale that is made privately and discretely. algorithms can only go so far

guy123, May 12, 2007 IP
  9. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you can get the links without paying anything thats better. Paid links can give you well needed traffic. :)

maldives, May 12, 2007 IP
  10. spin

spin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amen and thats the rest of the story

spin, May 12, 2007 IP
  11. ORiN

ORiN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed, I think link development is still worth the effort. What I am personally looking into now is mainly whether to build based on PPC or just a textlink.

ORiN, May 12, 2007 IP
  12. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to think positively and hope buying links would continue to work.

But if G stop using its PR, then it could be the end. They don't have to go after websites that sell or puts paid links even though that is their current interest.

I wouldn't be too dependent on the current trend too much. It's better to be flexible. While you can do business, do it ;)

coolsitez, May 12, 2007 IP
  13. haxanstudios

haxanstudios Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, buying links is worth spending. The only thing you need to be careful with is to check if the website is legit, not black listed at major search engines etc.

You might want to take a look at the pagerank before buying the links. PR is directly proportional to cost of the link.

haxanstudios, May 13, 2007 IP
  14. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    But haven't a lot of the pay directories recently lost all the PR from their category pages? So that people who paid for listings in these directories no longer get any PR benefit and have essentially lost most of what they paid for, since the majority of these directories send very little direct traffic..

billybw, May 13, 2007 IP