1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Business.com a quality directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by brandozz, Jun 17, 2013.

I've been very careful about pitching directory listing to management. Business.com seems to be a very quality directory. The basic listing is $299 a year.

Has anybody else listed a site on Business.com? If so what kind of traffic are you receiving?

Do you think Google looks at Business.com as a quality directory and counts a link from it?

-Brandon

brandozz, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  2. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Business.com is a great business directory but like yahoo and a few others charges what in most circumstances is a price that's not cost effective and getting a ROI is unlikely.

stoner3221, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  3. brandozz

brandozz Peon

Best Answers:
    That has been my experience with the Yahoo directory. I listed one of my old clients in the directory and for the first 2 week it delivered traffic because it was on the "latest additions" page. But after that, we received little to no traffic at all.

In fact, it's even difficult to find the yahoo directory.

brandozz, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  4. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Business.com is a great directory. I have multiple listings in their site and believe they're worth the investment. It just depends on what you're selling on your website and what your volume and profit margins are.

On the other hand, I had two listings on Yahoo directory and never got returns on them (except lost my natural ranking in Y! search engine back when they weren't using the Bing engine)

Nima, Jun 18, 2013 IP
    gkd_uk likes this.
  5. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good directory, but you need to invest on it in order to get listed.

Bedwan, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  6. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They have a huge amount of listings on each page. They also put a big Google Adsense block right at the top that buries your listing. I can't see the value of a listing at $299/year.

CanadianEh, Jun 25, 2013 IP
  7. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    It is indeed one of the best one in the market and surely it gives a lot of traffic

Alex jones, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  8. Ronaldo Peterson

Ronaldo Peterson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you need quality directory u must search niche directory which is most appropriate to your keyword.

Ronaldo Peterson, Jun 26, 2013 IP