1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is blogging still worth it?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Krystian C, Nov 15, 2017.

I mean blogging as in earning money by doing it, it being your work. Looking at all the popular blogs everywhere, I don't know how one can make a "good" blog nowadays?

Yes, i tried to make my own blog recently but looking at all the other technology blogs and travel blogs, mine would never be as good, because i don't have a niche? but how am I supposed to find myself a niche if there is always a few hundred blogs that are magically much better?

What do you think, is there still a way to get popular/make a successful blog these days?

Krystian C, Nov 15, 2017 IP
  2. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Krystian
    There is no magic if someone gets so popular. If there are so many blogs that are much better so they do not come on the top in a day or in a month.
    Now they are on the top and performing well so there is lots of hard work behind that.
    How to find a niche? You can get the better answer you will ask this question to itself because no one knows you better than you. Don't go with what others do and how they are doing. If you are expertise in technology then go with it and share your ideas and thoughts with people if not so do not waste your time.
    As you said you tried to make a travel blog but you didn't do well, you ask this question to yourself, why? Because you have not the proper knowledge or you didn't do the proper research on a particular before publishing.
    You know what kind of blogs are doing well nowadays? The one who provides the latest and fresh news with new ideas to the readers that worth for the readers.

Sumit_Singh, Nov 15, 2017 IP
  3. Penny44

Penny44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely think that you can still earn money as a blogger, tons of people are doing it all of the time. You need to put your own unique spin on whatever your niche is and have well-written content for your followers to read. Blogging is so much more than just creating content though, you have to market and promote your blog as well.

Penny44, Nov 16, 2017 IP
  4. Radu Vladislav

Radu Vladislav Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think it's totally worth it, especially if you start a blog with a strategy behind. I'd recommend you to look into e-commerce blogging, that is to sell a product (physical or informational) through your blog. Regarding your worries about the niche - yes, there will probably be very good blogs about a niche you have in mind. But the secret is to position your blog in a unique way and to narrow the niche as much as possible. Ie instead of photography, I'd go for landscape photography; or instead of travel, I'd go for wine routes. Hope it helps!

Radu Vladislav, Nov 21, 2017 IP
  5. flex1

flex1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, i think that a blog is must have for number of reasons. In my opinion if u have a bussiness your blog is your mirror. I mean that your blog give (or not) credits for your professional life/bussiness etc.
    If u have a bussiness then u creating something new. U are learning everyday something new from your niche so u want tell your potentional and real clients a new message. In this way u generate your respect and money and revenue. So, a blog is must have if u plan to work hard and truly be clearly what u want ;)

flex1, Nov 29, 2017 IP
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogging still worth to give a try and earn a living online. I am also a full-time blogger and making money from my blog. Blogging needs consistency, patience and dedication. If you don't have these things than you cannot become a successful blogger.

iwebsocial, Dec 21, 2017 IP
  7. imkingcash

imkingcash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Think of how every website that you visit that makes money. They'll have ads and product promotions. You probably bought something from a blogger because you felt it would be useful for your blog or online business. It works, but you have to be patient because it may not work right away.

imkingcash, Jan 7, 2018 IP