Is blog commenting useful ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nicolusden, Feb 19, 2009.

Hi all
    I would like to whether blog commenting is useful or not.If it useful how, because I am giving comments to the blogs but I want to knew how that comments will help ..
    Thanks in advance

nicolusden, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  2. alokverma

alokverma Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think that doing comments on blogs add any value to your site...just wastage of time

alokverma, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    is it commenting on your blog or making comments on other blogs linking back to your site? if you are thinking about commenting on your blog, yes it is helpfull in getting some fresh content. regarding commenting on other blogs for backlinks, yes it is helpfull as well but responsible commenting practice is suggested

sultanofseo, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  4. ekajanabee4u

ekajanabee4u Peon

Best Answers:
    yes comment on blog is helpful to site promotion but it will help to us very little and you want to need hard work for that so my suggestion is that do blog commenting but don't give much more time for that. and you want to need to check if you comment in blog with url then check that is do follow attributes or not. because some blog comment is no follow attributes.

ekajanabee4u, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  5. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    I could not agree wit you. I got more backlinks from Blog commenting and all are very valuable links to us.

How could you say its waste of time ? then which one is value most ? :eek:

kutekutta, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting actually helps on traffic. And if it is dofollow, it provide you some PR juice too.
    Alway looking for those high PR or high traffic blog to comment, if your blog is good in certain content, the blogmaster might use your content as source, it helps to develop your blog too

lifeplayer, Feb 20, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.
  7. megan isla

megan isla Peon

Best Answers:
    Comment where you know you can get a backlink, so make sure its Do Follow. Aside from it, often comment on other blogs able you to build relationships with the blog owner and connect your businesses as well

megan isla, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  8. Roger_Silvester

Roger_Silvester Peon

Best Answers:
    I advise people to comment on new blogs every day. By not commenting on the same old blogs, or especially setting a goal to comment on more blogs than the day before, you will be forced to leave your blog-reading comfort zone and visit new blogs. This exposes you to new ideas, different ways of looking at things, and hopefully a way out of the echo chamber.

Blogging is not just about saying your piece, it is also about going out and joining the conversation where it is happening. It’s about reaching out to people and exposing yourself (steady!) to new ideas. Some giving as well as all this taking back we focus on.

Regards

Roger_Silvester, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  9. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is still useful if you won't spam the blog with unrelated comments.

Hersheys, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  10. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is good but you must add value to that blog post or either the comment is added to spam list or is deleted by admin of blog

sumit1710, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  11. henryjamez

henryjamez Guest

Best Answers:
    yes it is useful you can get lot of trffic from these comments and also you can get back link if those blogs are dofollow ...

henryjamez, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  12. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is helpful for seo .

evolveforever, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  13. Nosfer

Nosfer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it really depends on the blogs where you choose to comment. If you're commenting on blogs with no traffic and nofollow attribute then you're wasting your time but if you comment on high traffic blogs that might have dofollow you will get quality links from there and some traffic.

Nosfer, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  14. romelprashad

romelprashad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure in which way you want to make blog commenting useful!

1. If you want to get the attention of blog visitors by providing an excellent comment and channelize the traffic to your site, it is still a good idea.

2. As more than 90% of blog communities have started rel="nofollow" for comment field ,to get backlinks (with the proper transfer of PR), I am sorry to say it is not advisable.

3. If you are planning for providing spamming comments please understand it is just a wastage of time.

romelprashad, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  15. mearpartners

mearpartners Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog Commenting is definitely worthwhile. From experience I have commented on blogs and then reviewed my Google Analytics the next day and seen the traffic where the referring site was from the blog where I left the comment. Be sure to put your url in the comment. Also, when you sign up to comment you are generally prompted to put your name, email, and optionally a url...always put your url...review above Megan Isla's comment...if you can find a blog which allows the Do Follow in their comments all the better.

I have a weekly blog on e-entrepreneurship and we just started a new series on increasing your traffic...I'd love to hear from you...stop on by and visit us at

http://www.mearpartners.com/blog

mearpartners, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  16. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    You will find different view about it some will say its a crap and some will say its worth a try .I think they may have place in google algorithm but they aren't very important .Just think about this "a person with ugly blog and no content can comment too and google is a smart company" ,they must have already though about it.

teckinik, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  17. Kngavl

Kngavl Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no question as to it's usefulness. Of course, blog commenting is one of the best ways to forge relationships online, obtain backlinks and obtain free traffic. It takes little time and helps you and the blog your posting on so long as it's relevant and not spam.

Kngavl, Feb 20, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.
  18. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks.....Backlinks...Backlinks! I have a couple of nice blog comment backlinks that show when doing a Google backlink check.

trosquin, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  19. tanay46

tanay46 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog Commenting is very useful because it gets you backlinks and some traffic(minimal). You should comment on dofollow blogs which are relevant to your niche, and on posts that have high PR. To find such blog and posts, you can use search strings in google. Check my sig for how to find high PR Relevant Dofollow blogs

tanay46, Feb 20, 2009 IP
  20. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not very useful for two reasons:
    1. Most links are NoFollow.
    2. Little to no control over the anchor text. Try to use keywords and people will flag your URL for spam.

Blog commenting takes too much time to make it worth it.

zexy, Feb 20, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.