1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Bill Cosby a victim of his own success?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Watson2, Nov 29, 2014.

Recent allegations by more than a dozen women claiming Bill Cosby sexually assaulted them decades ago, makes me start wondering: Is Bill Cosby a victim of his own success?

We all know that money and fame can get you lots of sexual partners. The NFL and Basketball players are never short of groupies. So are these women out for financial gains or do you really think he was so sex starved to resort to drugging and having sex with women?

Watson2, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It would not be a shocker...

Millionaires have been known to commit murder...
    I have also heard of a young millionaire drugging his victims....

I doubt it even matters much to cosby, he is in his 80's? and so much
    time has gone by already that he will not be convicted of anything....

If cosby is smart, he will just sit back and die rich....

apparently it was not a very good date rape drug if
    they can recall who raped them, and who was the supplier?
    sure, lots of questions, allegations, no real answers....

then again, this story is nothing new...
    It has been rehashed after 10 years....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    dscurlock, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think it's sweet that you are holding onto the fiction of the benevolent star. You're right, he could have picked up any girl in any bar or bus stop for free if what he wanted was sex. Hell, he could get it from the comfort of his own home with his wife.

A man who thinks drugging women and raping them is acceptable is trying to exert his power over them while congratulating himself that he's such a badass. It's not about sex, it's about degradation of the victim and uplifting the perpetrator.

It's no surprise that women have been hesitant about coming forward. The press is brutal and American police not much better. Until they had strength in numbers nothing was going to be done, but discovering who the other victims were takes time and courage. One of the women has effectively ended her law career because she spoke up - becoming a victim all over again. That's pretty crappy.

sarahk, Nov 30, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    What i see is a lot of allegations...
    and you need more then that for a conviction, rich or not.

I think they all should take lie detector tests,
    including cosby himself...

Lie detector not so good for a court room...
    but it would certainly put some truth on the table.

dscurlock, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  5. goldenkitty2k

goldenkitty2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If these women were sexually abused why come forward now? Seems a bit odd.

goldenkitty2k, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do some reading into why it can take decades to get your shit together after bad things have happened to you. It's all very well documented and I'm not going to regurgitate the work of others to compensate for your lack of empathy and education.

sarahk, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the thing tho - the lie detector will not help clear the air, nor will it help turn allegations into conviction material for the very same reasons. It CAN and it IS cheated and even when not, the person that takes the test can be so stressed out that the results will always be inconclusive. A buddy of mine went through that a couple of weeks ago and the mere thought of that procedure was enough for even the easiest answers to be marked as inconclusive.

Another recent example was a scandal here in my country when a young girl accused a policeman (well, policewoman) of stripping her bare naked on the street for a random search. As soon as this became public, the policewoman took the polygraph immediately to prove her innocence. Later there were other minor facts that clicked together - girl was in the car with a couple of men, both previously convicted. The girl also had a history of lying and getting with the wrong crowd and subsequently refused to pass the polygraph. Even with all that it wasn't enough for the court to prove the cop's innocence, ruining her public image and career for a long time to come.

Rado_ch, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That sucks!

The other side of the coin is a woman who went to Sydney recently, organised a hookup through Tinder (classy, right?) and the guy ambushed her with his mates and gang raped her. She went to the cops and the media went wild. First they had Gable Tostee, now this. The poor woman later withdrew her complaint. Now she will have done that for two reasons.
    1: it never happened; or
    2: the media crucified her

Her lapse of good judgement doesn't mean she was asking for it and the media attention would have made anonymity and recovery impossible. Even with name suppression their clamouring for information would have destroyed her.

In line with @goldenkitty2k's question about the delay in coming forward I think there's a change of culture around rape - in NZ anyway. Victims are no longer hiding in shame. Down here the media can't name the victim and the attacker usually gets name suppression because of their prior relationship to the victim. It seems to be a weekly thing that a rape or incest victim is applying to the courts to have their own name suppression lifted so they can go public and name and shame their attacker.

sarahk, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  9. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    a women is now suing cosby, saying she was taken advantage of by cosby
    when she was 15 years old in the playboy mansion, and unless she has
    proof to back her claims, then she will have a tough road.

regardless if her claim is true or not true. I have to ask what
    a 15yr girl was doing in a playboy mansion? and why now?
    she is only stepping up because others are? Where was she
    10 years ago when all these allegations first come up?

So far this has revolved around "adult" women, now it seems
    this is heading toward "minors", even so, if this happened like
    30-40 years ago, what does the victim expect after all this time?
    however, I am not sure about stature of limitations on minors,
    and even so, she will need proof, witnesses, video, otherwise she
    maybe stepping into a load of crap; who knows, if it looks like
    it may go some place, then watch for another cosby settlement.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    dscurlock, Dec 2, 2014 IP