1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Barack Obama the Antichrist? SERIOUSLY?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Let's give our dumb cousins some credit here. They did not follow the EU entirely, particularly when it comes to their monetary system. I think the UK is hard pressed to "follow" the leader when it comes to the rest of Europe. What do I know though? I'm just a stupid American.

Mia, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
  2. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The people that want to stop Obama from getting things done are called "Democrats".

It's funny, but in the business world, whenever you tell someone "you have potential", that translates to "you've done shit so far".

Corwin, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  3. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the business world, he would have been fired after his first year.

grpaul, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are people who think he has done shit so far and they are entitiled to their opinion, I happen to think that he has done far better than Bush Jnr (and Snr for that matter) but there is still a way to go. The biggest probem he faces (imo) is the economy, this seems to be a tough one as the biggest problem here is the fat cats who bankroll the election campaigns and get away with paying low taxes.
    The other thing he needs to sort out is the same sex marriage issue. This may not be a priority too most people but I think it is something which wil get overlooked or forgotten about if left to anyone else. This is an important issue with regard to equality and true democracy. This would be a tough one for him due to the reigious factions which are against it, but I think he would be strong enough to do it.

Emma Pollard, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  5. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Obviously the US VOTING public do not agree with you on that one :D

6. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

You seem to be confused about how the economy works. The problem is not rich people paying low taxes. Romney pays such a low effective tax rate because of where his income comes from, not because he is treated special because he is rich. For example, most of his income comes from capital gains, meaning the profit he earns on stocks and other things. This isn't "getting around" the tax system, it is following all the laws. The truth is, the money he invests in all these companies creates jobs. To encourage such job creation and investment, the gains people experience are not taxed like regular payroll income.

The solution is more jobs so that the unemployment rate goes down so that less people are poor. Spending taxpayers money to create government jobs is not the answer, because we don't have the money to spend. The solution is to let the free market prosper, instead of loading it down with regulations. Rich people create jobs by investments in private companies that need to hire workers to make a profit. It is not rich vs poor, or government vs rich.

r3dt@rget, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  7. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Im guessing you voted for Romney and I guess you were probably against the Occupy protests which highlighted some of the probems created by the richest 1% and their business 'ethics'.

8. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

You got it. The Occupy protests didn't highlight anything except the problems with themselves. Have you seen some of the interviews with these protesters? Probably the stupidest bunch of people I have ever seen. They don't have a clue how the world works.

I assume you are on the boat that believes taking from the rich and giving to the poor? The robin hood approach doesn't work, sorry to tell you. The billions of dollars in food aid the UN has given to poverty stricken nations hasn't solved hunger has it? What the occupy people need are jobs, not handouts from millionaires. I am part of the "99%" and share non of the complaints these protesters do. Instead of looking down on someone because they are rich, shouldn't you be inspiring to have the same success? Since when did camping out in your own filth become more desirable than starting a company and making millions?

These same protesters voted for Obama, who supported the bailouts, the very thing that the protests were against. That's got to tell you something about the intelligence level of these people.

Corwin likes this.
  9. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    I am fully aware of the phrase 'Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you will feed him for life' and I have never agreed with the policy of just giving handouts of food. I believe that there should be proportionate allowances, those who are making thousands of pounds from people who can not afford it should have their income curbed or pay higher taxes. There should no longer be a system of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. Yes more jobs are needed, but where will these jobs come from and who will pay the wages. When CEO's are reducing the workforce to save money but still accepting their mega salary there is something seriously wrong and this should not be alowed to continue.

10. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You asked the question, "Where will these jobs come from and who pays for them?" Well the answer is rich people. Business exists to make money, plain and simple. If there is no money to be made, if there is no chance of getting rich, people won't invest in business and jobs will not be created. You seriously believe that just because you are rich, the tax system should punish you? You believe that the rich should pay to support the poor? Your logic is seriously flawed if so.

The tax system should be fair. Everyone pays a set percentage that is proportionate. For example, a flat rate of 10%. If you make 10,000 dollars you pay 1,000. If you make 1,000,000 you pay 100,000. That is fair, and any anything else favors one group over another.

The fact is, most poor people are poor due to their own decisions. Remember my post about personal responsibility? You can't solve peoples bad choices with handouts. More government is not the answer. It is the reason the EU is in such trouble. You have irresponsible nations dragging down the rest of you guys. The rich nations will keep bailing out the poor, until everyone is at the same level and poor. Wealth distribution drags everyone down to a low level.

If you believe the fish situation the you should be fiscally conservative. If you keep giving them fish without any contribution they will continue to drag down society. If you teach them to fish for themselves and their family they contribute to society. Works the same way with poor people. Give them jobs and they can afford food and move out of poverty. Keep giving them free healthcare, food stamps, unemployment for 2 years, etc and nothing motivates them to find work. If you make it easy to be poor why would anyone chose the hard road out?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Businesses need people to spend money in order for them to make a profit and pay wages, people dont have the money to spend which is why the businesses cant employ more people, it is a vicious circle and one which can only be broken by a more level playing fied.
    People dont choose to be unemployed or poor. The struggle for financial freedom is unfair and the only ones to disagree are the wealthy and those who dont struggle.

12. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

I am not wealthy. I managed to get a job after the recession. One which has great healthcare, great salary, and allows me buy a house, car, etc. I literally started off with nothing. I had to get loans to pay for college. I worked a full time job during college to rent an apartment, pay for food, etc. After college I used my degree that I got in an in demand field to get a job that I can now pay back my loans and have a good lifestyle. Many people do choose to be unemployed and poor. They may not do so directly, but somewhere down the line they made some decisions that resulted in their situation.

There are plenty of people that have money to spend. The stock market is hitting highs that we haven't seen in almost 10 years. Companies are making money. The reason they don't hire people is because of the cost. With Obamacare it has become more expensive to hire workers and pay for health benefits. It's just another example of how government is getting in the way. Also, the more you increase taxes on the rich (businesses) the less money they have to employ people. So you have a choice, allow people to keep more of their money and invest it in businesses and create jobs, or force them to give it to the government which, as we have seen, is not efficient or effective in managing money.

Corwin likes this.
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    He would have been fired in his first 60 days or less! And possibly criminally charged!

Mia, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  14. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not political by any means, but from my perspective Obama had some big cleaning up to do after Bush. I couldn't see any President come in after him and be able to make many changes for the better.

kulik, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  15. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Being in the UK we have the NHS which provides free healthcare to everybody, you can choose to pay for private healthcare if you wish, we also have a benefits system which provides help for those out of work.
    You say that people make decisions which make them poor and having to rely on benefits, there are times when decisions are made for them, in other words situatioins sometimes dictate what decisions you make and you have little control over what happens.

16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Many moons ago, the business my dad was involved in previous to this was based in the UK. The primaries of the company came to the US to get dental and other procedures taken care of. We all visited the UK for the culture, art and historical monuments..

Having some intimate experience with "FREE" health care in my formative years, its the reason I have long been against doing the same here. After all, where are American's going to go to get good health care once its all "FREE" and costs too much?

Mia, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Would you care to describe in detail this "cleaning up?"

Things were pretty good.

Low unemployment
    159 Billion dollar and shrinking deficit
    1/2 the National Debt we have today
    $1.59/gal gas on average
    Food prices 2/3's less

Yes, big mess... Very big.

Mia, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  18. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    I completely agree, its always the same when there is a problem in politics, memory becomes very short. Obama certainly had his work cut out for him the day he took office, personally I think he is doing ok considering the mess he has had to clean up.

19. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    You forgot to mention the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the weapons of mass destruction which were never found and Bin Laden who was not caught.. until Obama got him!
    Maybe the cost of the war has something to do with the huge deficit, cant be cheap hunting a man in a cave.

20. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    Unemployment and Jobs etc:
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/10/06/970711/comparing-bush-obama-jobs-seque/?mobile=nc

Gas Prices:
    Was less than a dollar a gallon when I started driving, that's Obama's fault that it isn't now? Obama has nothing to do with oil/gas, did you not realize that's the Bush family and their old friends? Not to mention the war with our oil buddies over seas, that definitely has nothing to do with it...

Debt:
    That has nothing to do with "Bush-era tax cuts, war spending in Iraq and Afghanistan, and recessions" right?

Prices for everything and anything have gone up since money was created.

[​IMG]

kulik, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    Bushranger and Emma Pollard like this.