1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is article writing on DP dead?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by lightless, Nov 30, 2009.

?

What do you think?

1. These threads are an accurate indicator of the current article writer's situation.

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Don't be discouraged by these threads. These people buy cheap here and sell high elsewhere.

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. WTB threads are misleading. All good deals are by PM/buyers contacting me directly

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  4. Other. Explain below.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its all about quality, the going rate here for decent content is $0.01 per word, articles are about quality :D not quantity :D

Jasonb, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  2. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I look at the articles for sale here.
    Average of a penny a word is terrible.
    Now hack writers probably don't mind writing so cheap.

Then I notice how many articles here are scraped from elsewhere, common articles available to anyone, and rewritten articles (some sellers just rewrite the same article over and over).

My experience in buying articles here?
    I quit doing so!

iowadawg, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. wvbelcher

wvbelcher Peon

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for on here. Personally, I like to write my own articles even if it takes me years to get a bunch up on the the web.

wvbelcher, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  4. handsome guy

handsome guy Active Member

Best Answers:
    as I said before, there are writers that only see money...

handsome guy, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  5. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that a lot of people dont' demand quality but I do pick up a lot of work from people who already paid that dollar an article and then found out, bluntly, that the work sux and it has to be redone. Save yourself a buck, get someone who writes well to begin with and avoid the need to get what you paid for once, rewritten, and pay again.

People who do quality work are proud of what they do, they live on it and they aren't taking a dollar an item to write it. Desperate people do that and usually .. the truth is that you get what you pay for.

ladymacbeth9, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  6. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Actually, you are wrong. I have purchased articles a couple of times from people who have a big price on their articles only to find out they where plagiarized.

DreamingBig, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  7. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well taking at look at that Iowadawg thing explains a lot.

Nebraska kid here. Moved to Az about six months ago. Our work ethic tends to be a bit stronger in the midwest, at the risk or irritating other people.

The fact is that you can find a jerk anywhere. People who do this for a living are serious about it, or they are hungry. I've got great references from some of the biggest sites going, and I dont' mind showing them . Get references, check them out, just like you would your babysitter..

If you wouldn't trust your kids with just anyone, why would you trust your site, the thing that FEEDs your kids, with someone you havent' checked referencs for. LOL.
    Have a great day and Merry Christmas.

ladymacbeth9, Dec 25, 2009 IP