1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is article writing on DP dead?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by lightless, Nov 30, 2009.

?

What do you think?

1. These threads are an accurate indicator of the current article writer's situation.

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Don't be discouraged by these threads. These people buy cheap here and sell high elsewhere.

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. WTB threads are misleading. All good deals are by PM/buyers contacting me directly

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  4. Other. Explain below.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. India Forum

India Forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have also seen $0.04 per posts, You can find couple of threads like that, and others who comes to this forum for buying these services posts same rates, Only 5/100 people don't agree with those rates, because other 95/100 are also new workers.

India Forum, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  2. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its been said before. Quality is what counts. I had someone PM me and want 100 articles in like 3 days. I can not do this, at least not give the quality that I feel that each article that I write deserves.

This is because I take article writing and treat it like a painter would treat his art. I believe that when I sell it or give it away. Someone will either come back and have me write for them or at least point a few friends in my direction.

gvannorman, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  3. markk600

markk600 Member

Best Answers:
    Article writing are getting cheaper and cheaper. $1 per article isn't a good rate and totally a waste of time. If your a professional, you can ask for 8-10 bucks for a 400-600 worded article.

markk600, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  4. n3r0x

n3r0x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem with the price competition is that it costs different to live in different countries.. Ofc would people like me that are living in expensive countries think that under 8$/400-600 words being a waste of time.. but turn it around.. if you were living in a cheap country where you could live out of 15$/day 3-5$/article would be sufficient.

This is a common problem in most internet based work categories.. Personally i would have to make at least 100$/day 7 days/week to be able to live here which is alot if you get a rate of 10$/hour..

But yeah $1 / article is a waste of time for people in central / western Europe while it can be sufficient for a person in eastern Europe or Asia.

Addon.

Also which smart business owner would pay more than he have to? Not like the article buyer would say "sorry but you´re too cheap so I can´t buy it"

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    n3r0x, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  5. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To: India Forum - What is your recommendation for rates on forum posting?

DreamingBig, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  6. India Forum

India Forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It should be nothing less than $10 per 100 posts, I don't do forum posting anymore, but feels very bad for those who have to adjust with low rates.

India Forum, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of the DP market is geared for adsense sites and adsense earnings are down… a lot.

Some price pre clicks have drop like 50% or so, then on top of that less people are buy ads. In a bad economy businesses usually cut out ads they feel they are not getting enough returns from.

I don't really keep tabs on the DP market but I would imagine the markets that it is tied to would have an affect on it.

averyz, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  8. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    nope they are not. I have about a half dozen clients in collections who don't wanna pay. i signed 25 ads for content yesterday of all of them duds two requests to mine my yahoo messenger and one "sample" request, and one of the visit our forum so we know you know what to do and write, then never hear from again.

They should just close it.

i see illiterate third world children plagiarizing for pennies and using incorrect grammar in every post.

amarventris, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  9. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you only get responses from a percentage of buyers whose jobs you apply for. And only a small percentage of those buyers whose jobs you apply for, will choose you. And then a percentage of the buyers who choose you will not pay. Life isn't easy for the struggling article writer.

So the importance of having reliable repeat clients (And keeping them). You can save a lot of time spent looking for clients, in unsuccessful applications and negotiations, not getting paid and so on. Keep reliable repeat clients happy using any means necessary (To a reasonable limit, no need to be a slave to their every whim and fancy) for they have twice the worth of new clients.

lightless, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  10. writesalot

writesalot Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't write for DP because I am not from USA but I am worried about this trend everywhere. I can't see it getting any better though, just look at the photographic stock industry when microstock came in. That is here to stay. There are always those who think that a little money is better than none and spoil it for everyone.

Cheers,
    Rowan

writesalot, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lightless, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  12. writesalot

writesalot Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I think I need to go to bed, been working too long. I thought DS (demand studios). My bad

writesalot, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  13. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been able to get a decent rate, made 1XXX last month from article writing, mostly clients I acquired through DP. The best deals are through direct contact via PM.

flaco, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  14. in7

in7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you ask them to PM you or did they PM you out of nowhere?

I have heard that before about getting deals through PM, but I don't get if they PM you because they noticed your skills elsewhere or because you posted a thread offering your services.

Thanks to anyone for clearing this up.

in7, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  15. GreenSmile

GreenSmile Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Article/Content Writing will never die in DP as long as there are real writers who are willing to do what they love to do best regardless of the pay they are getting, but I definitely agree that quality service must be rewarded accordingly.

I do admit though that there are a lot of wanna be writers here on DP offering their services for the cheapest price but with inferior quality. So I suggest that forums like DP and its Admins must clean up the forum and get rid of these crappy writers by asking them to submit a services review prior to any WTS posts.

That way we can filter the cream of the crop from the rotten posers.

GreenSmile, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  16. Dele

Dele Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are quite observant, ll rather say its because of the economic meltdown.......though not sure

Dele, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  17. alekia

alekia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say as a content writer, the normal pay on DP is quite frightening. However, I have written cheaper than I like before. Usually these are introduction articles, something to get my foot in the door. I am very upfront about the fact that this is not my normal pay and future articles would not be as inexpensive. In that way I believe everyone is getting a fair shake. One webmaster, could not afford anything but a few upfront articles but directed me to his friend that was more than able and willing to pay the prices I desired.
    Regardless, there are many people on DP and if you are willing to put yourself out there I think you will wind up making good money in the end!

alekia, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  18. content.quality45

content.quality45 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is heart rending to see people bring down the writing rates just for the heck of earning something. Apparetly, the article writing market is depleting at DP. I beleive in quality writing as it gives me satisfaction within. But working for peanuts is just not my cup of tea. So, I rejoice in my full-time writing job that pays me well than to waste my time in chasing people looking for cheap writers at DP. I do have a handful of clients from DP for whom I write now and then but at a decent price. I would better prefer not to work than to write crap articles at cheap rates, as desired by most people at DP.

content.quality45, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  19. awundrin

awundrin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that most everyone here who is looking for articles is looking to get them done for next to nothing. I refuse to write for one cent per word as it is just not worth my efforts. It's sad and discouraging.

awundrin, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  20. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I charge $39.99 per 500 word article. I think it's a fair price. Luckily, so do my clients.

It's a sad old cliché but quality speaks for itself.

jkomp, Dec 22, 2009 IP