1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Article Ranks Any Good?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jj1, Jan 30, 2010.

Has anyone tried http://www.articleranks.com/ ? Is it any good? Will you get penalised by Google for this?

What do you need to do for free membership? They say something about credits but don't explain.

jj1, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  2. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's quite a big thread on Article Ranks you may wish to read. I use it to distribute my articles so I can't comment from a webmaster's perspective. The system is very good I think. With regards to the credits, I assume you earn credits when you accept articles on your blog, provided it meets some standard requirements (has some Pagerank, that sort of thing).

simpseo, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  3. kickmoko

kickmoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let me see this... :)

kickmoko, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  4. issp

issp Peon

Best Answers:
    i am also questioning this. i thought google would mark you as a spammer if you went and submitted too many links in a short time frame?

issp, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  5. spotwriters

spotwriters Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even I feel you will be marked more like a spammer for this. Has anybody else tried it?

spotwriters, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  6. Rafique

Rafique Peon

Best Answers:
    Rafique, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I like Article Ranks.

It seems to be improving while other article networks I'm using seem to be slowing down in their effectiveness a bit... Right now I think it may be the best deal in article distribution.

Zibblu, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  8. jim27

jim27 Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience with Article Ranks has been very good so far. I'd say give them a shot.

jim27, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  9. nickardo

nickardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a little knowledge about SEO, than you would know that Google does not punish for things someone else can do to your website, and everyone can distribute your links trough articleranks, so they cant punish you for it.

I do use articleranks for a few days now, havn't seen big changes yet, but I didn't expect any in a few days anyway.

nickardo, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  10. gunjan5886

gunjan5886 Peon

Best Answers:
    let me try this....

gunjan5886, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Let me just say that my opinion of Article Ranks is getting better and better the more I use it. This is a truly quality service.

Zibblu, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  12. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, i use this and i LOVE it, you can read my little review here ArticleRanks
    I am not using it that long, but what i see i like a lot and i highly recommend this for building links.

GeorgR., Apr 26, 2010 IP
  13. stefffff

stefffff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articleranks is a good traffic source, but i'm afraid of duplicate content penalty... what you are serving might be served by other users as well...

stefffff, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  14. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    this is the same whether you distribute to ezine articles or elsewhere..any by the way, there is no such thing as "duplicate content penalty".

GeorgR., Apr 26, 2010 IP
  15. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only penalty for duplicate content is having duplicate pages on your own site. At articleranks you can spin the article, but unless you spin it really well it probably won't make that much of a difference.

bob25, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  16. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    I use the best spinner, its amazing.

GeorgR., Apr 26, 2010 IP
  17. exbm

exbm Peon

Best Answers:
    I published two articles on article ranks so far. Both of them have been trickling out for about two weeks now. it says that a total of 60 articles have been published. I haven't received any links from either place in google webmaster tools or yahoo site explorer. I did move up one spot in the results. Article ranks is pretty much the only link building campaign i used. I did do some blog commenting before I published any article. So maybe it worked and helped me move to number 1 for a non-competitive keyword, or maybe it hasn't done jack. I just wish that I would get some link creds so I know that their are being applied.

The quality of all of the blogs I have been published on are not great. They usually publish the article in uncategorized all lumped together with non-topic articles. Maybe it was my niche being that small.

exbm, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  18. jimmypagesolo

jimmypagesolo Peon

Best Answers:
    May a article posted have number of links point to the same site ? How to avoid the google spam check ? I ussually post a plenty of links in one post before, i thought google will ban my site but until now, no happen with it. Is there anyone have trouble with this ?

jimmypagesolo, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    1. Each article can include three links which can be to anywhere you want (you can also spin the anchor texts and the URLs so you can actually link to many different landing pages with one article.) You can also include an embedded YouTube video (this doesn't count as one of your three links, so you can really have four links total, counting the link to your YouTube video.)

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "Google Spam Check" but the links are built up over time rather than all at once. I've not had any issue with Google penalizing me for using ArticleRanks (and I've been a member for more than 6 months now.)

3. I don't really understand your third question or how it relates to ArticleRanks.

Zibblu, May 6, 2010 IP
  20. MLMOA

MLMOA Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There's no such thing. Google has a competition filter, which means that if there's duplicate content out there, the site with the most clout or authority on the subject will get the ranking. So obviously you should never distribute your site content via article marketing, because a better(more highly ranked) site than yours will get your traffic.

Write new article content for your article marketing, and make sure that it is VERY spun 100%-200% or more. That way, you are providing a service to the blogs posting your content, because you are truly giving them original content that will help their ranking as well. Wow - imagine a world where quality is still important.

By giving someone else quality content, you are also ensuring that each and every one of your links in the article will get exposure and not be filtered out because of duplicate content.

The "it's all about me" mentality does not work here. Provide valuable content over time and you will continue to be rewarded...

MLMOA, Jul 4, 2010 IP