1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyones revenue so far today absolute crap?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by phpbbforfree, Feb 16, 2006.

1. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that is a heavy hit. I would be upset also. Have you checked what the advertisers are paying for their ads? Just to see if that has changed at all. Judging on that though I would say they decreased the payouts.

TheNetCode, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a very competitive market for PPC ... they're paying the same they've been paying for a year. The only thing that's changed is my CTR (fallin by 2%) and the amount they're paying me per click (decreasing each month)

yo-yo, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  3. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I think it's important to remeber that the YPN program is in beta mode right now, and that YPN hasn't forced anyone to join the program. It's beta, and participation is completely voluntary. We all have option of using other programs for now, and wait for YPN to go out of beta. As beta particpants, we are helping Yahoo! to test their nascent program, so I think we should all keep cool and provide as much useful feedback to the YPN team as we can.

As always, IMO.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  4. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my sites with CPM of $200+ and several thousand impressions per day has dropped to $60, not happy.

hdpt00, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  5. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%.

yo-yo, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  6. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:

I have to agree.

I'm getting more clicks and more impressions but the earnings have dropped more than 200%.

It does not make sense. If the advertisers are paying the same thing, what is happening to to it? We are getting 10 cents clicks from the SAME ads?

Subtract 10 cents from $2 and who is getting the $1.80 per click?
    Where is our money going?

Please know that if we wanted to get paid 10 cent clicks we would still be with Adsense.

YPN, this "missing money" is a disgrace!:rolleyes:

wentworth, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  7. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:

I would not call going from $2-$10 clicks to 10 cents clicks a "bug".:rolleyes:

8. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    And that is where my frustration lays.

hdpt00, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  9. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    Right and its important for them to pay us our money and not some BS 10 cents clicks.

I know for a fact the SAME ads from a week ago are paying more than 10 cents because I talked to someone who is selling the ads.

The question is where is our money going?

10. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For these last couple days my sites stopped showing relevant ads. They were showing wheel chair ads on a business site.

yo-yo, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  11. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I understand the frustration that being expressed in this forum, but it's a temporary problem which will be fixed soon enough.

It's human nature to get angry if you go from making $$$$$$ to making $$$. But we can all agree that the earnings have been good up to this point--and I think good enough that even temporary glitches can't take away from the fact that many YPN beta program participants have earned more than they would have earned if they had stayed with that other contextual advertising program. So, bottom line: if you look at the big picture, YPN has still done great things for publishers, despite the glitches.

I recommend that we all stick with it. I'm betting that earnings will be back as soon as this week, and you don't want to miss out.

As always, IMO.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Feb 19, 2006 IP
    wentworth likes this.
  12. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clown, if you're going to be so negative towards the many positive things we see going on here, then go back to adsense.

r32faisal, Feb 19, 2006 IP
    wentworth likes this.
  13. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you AmCy. That was the intention of some of the posts. Yes Yahoo has been good to alot of people and as I said Google would not have posted here to let us know what was going on. Also as said yes there is frustration over it, but I am sure it will be straightened out. Even if not then Yahoo is still a better option with higher paying clicks than Google at this time and it is still a much better option.

TheNetCode, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  14. djp

djp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    atleast they have come here to tell us that there was a problem with the system. Google would never shown there faces here to defend themselfs

djp, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  15. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so far for me it seems to be much better then the past 3 days. Its not back back but it is sunday and people aren't up as early like during the week.

phpbbforfree, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  16. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    So are you seeing increased payouts per click phpbbforfree?

SEO Jeff, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  17. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dunno I'm seeing more money at this time then I did yesterday at this time.

phpbbforfree, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  18. YahooSarah

YahooSarah Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

I received more information this morning, so I hope I can provide a bit more clarity now. Last Friday we launched some new code into production. Several complications occurred during the launch, and as a result overall system performance was impaired. We've stabilized the situation now and expect to continue to make improvements over the next few days.

On behalf of the entire YPN beta team, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please continue to let me know how your sites are performing -- your feedback is really valuable to us as we continue to refine our beta program and work through our growing pains.

YahooSarah

YahooSarah, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  19. gamma

gamma Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I don't feel comforted at all. Having to go to a forum, read a thread where people are discussing their dramatic drop in earnings, and then seeing a post by a Yahoo representative does not invert my dissatisfaction or make me feel elite.

And yes people, google does the same thing, with AdSenseAdvisor popping up after people start talking about switching their providers.

It's weak and it's unprofessional. Please send me an email next time.

gamma, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  20. andy11

andy11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sara,

My sites felt the complications and today's stabilization. I even reverted back to adsense briefly yesterday. Now, I can :)

andy

andy11, Feb 19, 2006 IP