1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyones revenue so far today absolute crap?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by phpbbforfree, Feb 16, 2006.

1. echo123

echo123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Horrific.

I am going to slowly bring some of my sites back over to Adsense starting the middle of the coming week. My clicks are up, WAY up, but the ppc is soooo low that my days are coming out to about 20% of what they used to be on Yahoo. And, like I said, that is even with more clicks.

echo123, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  2. Savant

Savant Peon

Best Answers:
    Had about a 50% drop, followed by another 50% drop in a two day time span. This is very sad :(

This has happened before, and the revenue did pick back up though, so I have not lost hope yet. I really hope this is the case. If not, I may be moving off YPN in the near future.

My YPN Rep that called me back in december has completely lost contact with me, so I am very unimpressed. I have left her about 5 messages, and she is yet to return any, so I am very skeptical to seeing her respond to me if I ask her any questions about all of the drops. She has predicted in december that it would have picked up by the end of January again, and here we are with about 10 times less than our revenue in November.

Savant, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  3. alexplank

alexplank Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed an increase today. Although, I could just be experiencing an increase in visitors. The PPC seems to have increased as well. Maybe I'm just imaging things, though, since you guys seem pretty upset.

alexplank, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  4. YahooSarah

YahooSarah Peon

Best Answers:
    All,

Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we've been experiencing some unexpected system glitches over the past few days and are working to get things back up and running as quickly as possible. Once the issues are resolved, your account performance should return to normal.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more. Thanks for bearing with us.

YahooSarah

YahooSarah, Feb 18, 2006 IP
    hulkster likes this.
  5. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much YahooSarah for informing me and the rest of DP. I was getting worried but I feel more confident in Yahoo now.

Thanks so much,

SEO Jeff, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  6. jeremy860

jeremy860 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^haha yea what he said, thank you YahooSarah

jeremy860, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  7. frankybme

frankybme Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good sign and this is why i will stick it out with them!

frankybme, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  8. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting us know. If earnings drop more like this, it will be a very sad story, at leqast for me.

keikor, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  9. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    Does this mean we will soon see a return to high clicks instead of so much 10 cents clicks?

wentworth, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  10. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well if my understanding is correct about system glitches maybe yes.

SEO Jeff, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  11. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any estimate on how long the fix will take?

Thanks for keeping us informed. :)

yo-yo, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  12. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for informing us, Sarah.

r32faisal, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  13. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you out of your god damn mind. "system glitches"??? I've lost several thousand over the past two days b/c CPM dropped by over 50%! Fix this shit and credit my account with what it should be. I can't care if this beta is actually an alpha, don't F with people's money and say sorry.

hdpt00, Feb 19, 2006 IP
    wentworth likes this.
  14. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    We are all in the same boat, but at least she is telling us. See if Google would chime in. No they would not. They would just let it go. While I understand that you are upset as we all are there is no reason to berate her for at least telling us what is going on. At least she is trying.

A good Question though Sarah is are we going to get credited the correct amounts at the end of the month as you normally would do?

Kevin

TheNetCode, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  15. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you high? If I didn't come check here I would have never known. I got lucky and happened to check the YPN discussions.

hdpt00, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  16. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    What is there to be high about. I agree with you, but at least she is attempting to tell us what is going on. Only thing we need now is an answer to the lost revenue is and no need to bash her for sticking her head on the platter to tell us. That is the only point.

17. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads-up. The YPN beta program is great, and I'm very confident that it's only going to get better over time, as bugs get ironed out. Hope to read more posts from you in the near future.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  18. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    We definitely need an answer to that. The only thing that has happened is someone changed the amount publishers get and they changed it by too much that everyone noticed.

Ex:

$percent = 20;
    $publisheramount = $revenue*($percent/100);

Somehow they thought changing percent from 80 to 20 wouldn't be noticed. Everything else is the exact same, clicks, CTR, impressions. The amount this has dropped is unacceptable. I should have received a phone call this was so big if it was just a "bug." I sincerely hope, for the wellness of YPN we see a lot of $ credited towards our account.

hdpt00, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  19. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on this totally. I think they made a change and are now feeling the backlash of it. If a company makes a change they should make the change known in advance so that we know about it. This is the problem with many large companies. They forget about who it is that makes them large in the first place. Us the public. Without the public they would not have a company and keeping their partners and public informed is a huge part of being a good company and admired.

I am seeing a little bit of a rebound today so maybe it is reverted and the issue is fixed. Will leave that judgement unsettled until after my biggest days Monday to Thursday are done.

20. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites with a CPM of over $2,000 (for the last couple months) has fallen below $400 for the month of Feb.... :(

yo-yo, Feb 19, 2006 IP