1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone using paypal's merchant a/c ?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by westhaven, Oct 5, 2005.

I have a/c with paypal but not the merchant a/c. now i am planning to upgrade it to merchant a/c. Can any one tell me how flexible is the merchant a/c and how much do they charge for merchant a/c. Well i coudn't understand the policies of paypal of merchant a/c.

westhaven, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
  3. ozegreatdeals

ozegreatdeals Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a word or warning with paypal... I had a business account which was going great for 5 years and then all of a sudden they limited the account as I went to withdraw some cash... They pulled me up on a rule I broke like 3 years ago. It was in relation to their terms of service. It was ok but within 48hrs I had all my money out of paypal and in my bank account and I currently have a new business account which so far has had no problems. But be sure to read their terms of service as for some reason merchants or high users seem to be targeted when withdrawing large amounts of cash.

The fees vary depending on where you are in the world, but I am in Australia but use USD primarily so they charge 2.9% plus $0.30 USD per transaction received plus also a cross border fee when people send me USD but comes from their AUD or another international currency. So more like a conversion fee.

To withdraw I think it is free in the US, but in Australia they charge $1 if under $150 AUD and over it is free.

Drew.

ozegreatdeals, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  4. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it posible to have money in dollars only. Is it easy to integrate the merchant a/c features with the site.

5. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    I use paypal as well, so far so good. You can set what currency you want to accept and you can also convert currency in your account.

It is very easy to implement into a site.

I'm in Canada and they say a withdrawl takes 7 days but the longest I ever waited was 3.

Roman, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  6. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have the option to have money in US dollars but when they send a chack to india the they convert it into indian currency. I don't find any option to recieve check in US dollars at my address. Here in india it takes 25 to 30 days to come

7. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the Merchant account for my Hosting business with them. While they can be tough, it is still the most accepted form of payment on the Internet. You might also check out 2Checkout.com They are a growing company that is seeing a large influx of customers now. There are no fees monthly on my account and I get better rates and features with my merchant account.

You do need to make sure that you follow their rules and also make sure that you have good payment acceptance practices for payments from new customers. This is due to the fact that you will most likely not be backed up when a customer purchases something from you and then claims that someone used their account or credit card.

This is a good practice on PayPals part as there is no reason for anyone to go to court over something as stupid as a fraud claim. So just make sure your policies match those of your merchant account rules from PayPal.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Oct 5, 2005 IP