1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone using EV SSL certificates here? Did it make a difference as far as user trust goes?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Apantic, Nov 19, 2016.

Is anyone using EV SSL certificates here? Did it make a difference as far as user trust goes? Do your users trust your site more?

Probably more aimed at sites that also accept payments.

Apantic, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  2. ssiddireddy

ssiddireddy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using it on thapos.com . Yes, it does help with the trust especially if you are selling on the website. But I have not yet seen SERP bump.

ssiddireddy, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  3. vanlill020

vanlill020 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just the regular SSL certificate service works for me.As far as the serp increase it will take a couple of weeks.

vanlill020, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  4. Nikul Modh

Nikul Modh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Extended Validation (EV) SSL enabled website ensures customers about safe and secure online shopping experience & keeping their confidential information private and protected. Even user can easily identify phishing website.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Nikul Modh, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  5. Karly_C

Karly_C Peon

Best Answers:
    The added assurance to visitors is that you have exclusive rights to the domain and your identity has been verified by the certification authority. But of course almost none of your visitors would even know what an EV actually means. I think people expect to see EVs on big name sites.
    On most other places, even if payment is being accepted, they'll just look for the green padlock, and if it's there, they don't usually require more assurance until your site looks really spammy and unprofessional. In that case I wouldn't make any payment even if I see an EV

Karly_C, Dec 6, 2016 IP