1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone on earth apart from MS happy with Vista??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by webmaster73, Jul 22, 2008.

1. solutionheaven

solutionheaven Guest

Best Answers:
    To Anwer your question, i am happy with vista. To be honest with you I don't think the issue with slowness is in the operating systems, its in the machines. Poeple think that they can quickly upgrade from windows XP to windows vista, and most of the time they run into issues that don't know how to fix and BOOOM! Vista sucks shouts come out...

I think the issue that many of the Desktops did not have the minimum requirments to run the operating system, (you can say its MS marketing and optimization issue), and the desktop that had the minimum requirments ran slow, here are the vista sucks shouts again! ....

I think that machines that are fast and have the right hardware will run the operating system beautifully! I had the OS since the beta version and its revolutionary! I love it and I love all the features in it.

You have to make sure to run windows vista upgrade advisor, I have a post in that shows you step by step on how to use the vista advisor. use it and you will find out whats going on.

I hope this helps!

solutionheaven, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  2. SwedeHost

SwedeHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, installed vista and used it for a day then went straight back to XP =)

SwedeHost, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  3. random.1324

random.1324 Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista is pretty good. It works awesome with my computer because it was MADE for it. All the old computers were made for XP, not for Vista. If you want to install Vista onto an old computer, you'll have to update all its drivers and most likely get an extra GB or 2 of RAM installed. If you don't do that, your computer is going to die miserably.... it happened to me, and it made me think that Vista sucked. But with my new laptop, I actually love it.

random.1324, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  4. globestar

globestar Guest

Best Answers:
    vista sux badly. I don't even think ms likes it

globestar, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  5. Vonman

Vonman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had if for a couple of months now and have never had one problem. People just don't like MS for whatever reason. As long as you have a computer that can actually run vista, then vista is a great product.

Vonman, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  6. webmaster73

webmaster73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

thank you very much for your input....

Once again, I am talking about the very general feedback the big ensemble of my clients are giving me about their experience with Vista. So I am not talking about any one single machine or my own personal experience only.

and those are mostly new machines that came loaded with Vista..... not upgraded from XP

really ?

How do you like it when you search for "Add / Remove Software" in the control panel, and you just don't find it ..... then you realize that MS changed its name to Programs and Functions or whatever" .....

and when you click to uninstall a program, Vista asks you for confirmation that you want to allow the Uninstall Utility by MS windows to uninstall what you clicked to Uninstall........

webmaster73, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  7. harvestre08

harvestre08 Banned

Best Answers:
    i prefer xp,, its very good.. user friendly

harvestre08, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  8. ac1d1dty

ac1d1dty Member

Best Answers:
    A 45nm overclocked Quad, 8Gb of DDR2 100Mhz and GTX see's me fine.

Sure vista usese more memory, but tbh it does actualy do stuff with the memory rather than sit there proudly stating how much is left on a little green tab :|

ac1d1dty, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  9. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was possible to create virus/malware on xp that would uninstall the users security programs, these confirmation dialogs stop that from happening.

Silver89, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    google it.. it's not my fault the average consumer doesn't educate themselves ;)

btw.. please stop with your double post, it's annoying and just shows you can't follow forum rules, why would we think you could install an OS.. Check out the "mulity-quote" button please... [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

Brandon Sheley, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  11. Navan91

Navan91 Peon

Best Answers:
    I installed Vista on my new PC in april, worked fine.
    But since I was learning C language, the compiler provided to me, TurboC++, by the institute didn't work on Vista... so I shifted back to XP.
    Then I didn't come back to Vista, since I wasn't really missing anything.
    Vista, imo, is just a new polished GUI and a few new features.
    But to all those people complaining about how slow it runs and apps don't work, drivers crash etc.
    I faced no such problem, the speed was great, my apps worked fine(and that also on 64bit version) and no driver problem.

Navan91, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  12. mranderson930

mranderson930 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got vista for free so I upgraded. Works fine with my 4GB of memory and quad core :)

mranderson930, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  13. amazingronit

amazingronit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Free??? how???

amazingronit, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  14. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
  15. ScottNiarb

ScottNiarb Peon

Best Answers:
    Cons of vista: Vista doesnt have good printer drivers, programs dont work well on vista, vista drains the hell outta your memory, Vista crashes all the time, boot times are god awful.

Pros of vista: it looks kinda cool and it has the new directX...

So the ruling is in - XP all the way baby

Scott

ScottNiarb, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  16. desman

desman Guest

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of stuff posted about Vista versus XP etc. but one thing I have not seen mentioned in this context is the impact of third-party applications on the equation. For example, I had Photoshop CS3 running on a machine with Vista and Photoshop 6 on a (significantly lower spec) machine running Win 98.

For similar basic tasks there was not a huge speed difference. The reason? Bloatware! The ever growing hardware resources available to the average user gives programmers a lot of leeway in terms of not being as efficient as they could be. You get a lot of programmers on a big app all doing the same thing and you finish up with a pig rather than a cheetah. A pig with lots of features but a complete hog for resources.

I think Vista itself suffers from some of this but Microsoft is definitely not the only culprit.

desman, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  17. nikomaster

nikomaster Member

Best Answers:
    nikomaster, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  18. shearyadi

shearyadi Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's time to let the Penguin rules! :)

shearyadi, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  19. FaceJolt

FaceJolt Guest

Best Answers:
    The best and only operating system to use is MS DOS.

FaceJolt, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  20. nikomaster

nikomaster Member

Best Answers:
    Linux Ubuntu!! Is the best

nikomaster, Aug 5, 2008 IP