1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone on earth apart from MS happy with Vista??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by webmaster73, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can turn all those effects off just like you could turn off the xp effects.

If you go into Control Panel > Sounds > Speakers > Properties > Levels

Then you can fix that sounds problem :)

Silver89, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  2. vovo9191

vovo9191 Peon

Best Answers:
    This guy. * Points thumbs at self*

vovo9191, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  3. webmaster73

webmaster73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is THE truth, and research proves that!!!!

Mr. and Mrs Everybody does NOT know how to do that....

Computers must not be made as if they were intended for professionals..... the out-of-the-box experience must be pleasant, even for the simple person ....

webmaster73, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  4. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh but does the average person use a line in to record and mix music with external audio devices?

5. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    Im more than happy with my shiny new vista ... 4gigs and quad core does help though ;)

WPSorted, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  6. thewolf32

thewolf32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is monopoly. Anyone who doesn't like it, use Linux like I do.

And for the average user, if they are so "average" then they don't need to use so many resources from their PC. So, 1GB RAM with Vista preloaded should be enough for them, whenever it is or not for us.

thewolf32, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  7. imi_99

imi_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    i seen too many issues with vista. Try to install two new hp printer on vista but no luck. just waisted alot money. still cant find any soluiions. and prineter cd say its vista compatible.

imi_99, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  8. thewolf32

thewolf32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not Vista's fault. Call HP support.

thewolf32, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  9. webmaster73

Best Answers:
    no, but the average person does use a PC to check his email and do some basic stuff like writing letters and the like.

with windows vista and the even uglier Office 2007, you have as the IT professional to explain to the user why none of the buttons he knew in Office 2003 are where he or she expects them to be. And why everything looks different....

don't think of yourself..... just put yourself at the place of the 65 year old lady and see how frightening to her is the idea that nothing is where she expects it to be. No one single button in Word is there where she is looking for it.......

How can you explain that to those old guys?

What good is there in renaming the very same things in the control panel between XP and Vista?

Have you tried helping old people with their computers ??? One new shortcut in the quick-start toolbar freaks them out !!!

10. houck

houck Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't like Windows, atleast have a reason... if it's problems with it or just you really hate the "big bad" company... then get a mac...

houck, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  11. webmaster73

Best Answers:
    1) it is not "big bad" company. Microsoft has changed humanity itself, and without microsoft we both would be complete strangers now probably shooting at each other along some stupid front line.

2) I love windows. Windows is my life, my career, my bread-winner. My problem is not with the OS, but with the policy of Microsoft , that is

a) always adding new gadgets to the OS and lots of blim blims, while not fixing the real issues related to stability and correct functionality.

b) stupid over-protection in Vista that leads to windows asking you whether you want to allow internet explorer to connect to the internet.... What else does it do on earth ???

Let me give you this analogy inspired from GM: just imagine a car that when you push the brakes it asks you: are you sure you want to stop???

12. nyx

nyx Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought a laptop right before Vista came out. It came with a free upgrade to Vista when it was released. I REGRET upgrading. Ever since then, the laptop runs slower than hell on startup (takes about 5 minutes at least) and it always has an error on startup. Vista=Sucks in my book. It seems like they don't test their operating systems or programs for compatibility problems before releasing them.

nyx, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  13. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:

That the whole point, change happens!

It's like compairing the release version of the Renault Clio with the brand new version of the Renault Clio.

There's 10 years between them and they look, drive, handle and are VERY different.

You have to work out what the new things do such as automatic windscreen wipers and ABS but you don't complain that things have been upgraded.

Too say you don't like a newly released operating system because it doesn't look the same as the previous version is stupid.

It's aso hypercritical to say that because if thats how you truely thought you'd still be using windows 95!!

Post your hardware specs...

14. webmaster73

Best Answers:
    See ??? and this is not an "average" user.

This is an advanced user who went beyond using email and typing a letter.....

if nyx is soooooo frustrated by Vista, what do you expect mr. and mrs everybody to be ????????

15. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for his laptop specs ... and I'm more than an advanced user, however I do have a Quad core, 1tb hardrive and 6Gb of ram :)

16. webmaster73

Best Answers:
    the mere fact that when he bought his laptop he received a voucher to upgrade to vista, does not that insinuate to the user that "your pc is surely ready for vista" ????

Would you sell a customer a software that you know he will NOT be able to use on his computer ?????

Microsoft is pushing Vista forward by selling it to anyone who needs a new PC....... even those whom Microsoft know for sure that they will NOT be able to run Vista on their hardware.... and *that* is the point.

17. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure he didn't buy his laptop direct from Microsoft in which case he bought it from a distributor/sales department who sell things. Their companies exist too buy items cheap from the manufacturer and sell them too the consumer for higher charge as possible so they gain a high profit, of course they'd offer you vista they obviously get sales bonuses.

18. webmaster73

Best Answers:
    If microsoft was against this, it would raise the minimum required hardware bar....... but Microsoft puts the minimum requirement soooo low, so that the OS theoretically could work....... but practically it does not .....

give me a brake please. Since when was Microsoft a major computer seller anywhere?? Microsoft has always sold majorly its OS through other ventures such as HP, Dell, Fujitsu, Compaq and the like.

19. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes exactly my point...

If you don't like Vista don't use, If you do like Vista, use it ... pretty simple isn't it?

20. ubamba

ubamba Member

Best Answers:
    I think Vista has given a boost to the Linux movement and probably helped sales of Mac's.

ubamba, Jul 28, 2008 IP