1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Anyone Familiar With Google Chrome Book Laptop?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dinrock, May 3, 2014.

Please don't laugh at my following question as it is relatively serious but need to know if a Google Chrome Book laptop will connect to and work with a 56K modem? I ask this on behalf of a friend in a wheelchair who has very little funds and although he does have a beat-up laptop connected at home to a 56K modem, is wondering if he buys a Chromebook if that will hook up to the 56K line OK? If his old machine does, he wonders if this new machine would. He currently isn't home but is at a medical facility that has wi-fi and is considering one for there and of course if he gets home, will it work there? He has broadband cable at home for TV (his only source of entertainment) but adding high-speed broadband via modem (from his cable provider) would cost him an additional $40 per month. Money is a consideration, I realize. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

dinrock, May 3, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    From what I understand, the Chromebook does not have a LAN connector, wireless only. Maybe someone can add a WLAN router for your friend.

qwikad.com, May 5, 2014 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I have a Chromebook. qwikad.com is right there is no wired LAN connection. There is a Wi-Fi and a 3G model.

Edit: On further research it seems like the HP Pavilion Chromebook 14 model does have a wired LAN connection. Most Chromebook models don't though. With the HP Chromebook I think you are paying a little bit more because of the larger 14" display, although personally I love the fact that my Samsung Chromebook is small and lightweight.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    dcristo, May 5, 2014 IP
  4. lucardk

lucardk Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The chromebook highly depends on internet connection, is he uses a 56kb it is better if he finds an affordable laptop so that he can also do something with it while he is offline. Having a chromebook without a decent internet connection is not worth it, there are plenty of affordable notebooks available that should work better for him.

lucardk, May 5, 2014 IP
  5. Xtreme hosting

Xtreme hosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i didnt knew that Google Chrome Book laptop exist.

Xtreme hosting, May 11, 2014 IP
  6. sadiq2008

sadiq2008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the Chromebook does not have a LAN connector, wireless only. Maybe someone can add a WLAN router for your friend.

sadiq2008, May 11, 2014 IP