1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anybody making a comfortable amount!?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by almondj, Aug 13, 2007.

We've all seen these guru's who claim they're making thousands on the internet, but are they actually making money at a steady pace? My most important question is anyone here from DP making any decent money? I know that there are some people making up to $2000 a month from clickbank, adsense, sales, etc. It seems many of us are absolutely lost on where to start and what to do. Blogging sucks, selling affiliate programs is getting way to tough, and for some of us we're questioning if we are in the right business. If there is anyone here that is making a comfortable income then tell us what we want to know. Tell us what you do, and how much you get paid, we're not asking you for a 5 page report on how to do it, just a general overview.

Example: "I make about $800 - $1200 a month from click bank sales on craigslist and many other classified sites as well as my blog. Then comment on what other people are doing right/wrong."

Looking for a long helpful thread :).

almondj, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    I 100 percent make my living online. Some from selling our software, some from adsense, some from my sites I have built over the years, and some from affiliate marketing. I quit my day job 3 years ago. Since then I have purchased a new home, bought a new corvette, and expanded my business. I love what I do every day and couldn't imagine anything different.

1EightT, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    nabil_kadimi likes this.
  3. longhornfreak

longhornfreak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a slow development for most of us. Most start out with their first site making $1 a day. Then we make more sites, by the third, you should know what you are doing. If you are active on the DP forums, you can learn alot, almost everything you need to know in about 2 weeks. Then you build successful sites one by one. Since you know what you are doing, after one month you should be making $10 a day on your newer sites. Then maintain that site, and build more. You make 5 sites over 6 months making $10 a day, thats at least $50 a day, and then $1,500 a month. Then you just keep boosting each sites traffic and work your way up. Then when you sell the site each should go for $1,000 plus. Then you repeat the process again.

I know none of that made since, but hey, I tried :p

longhornfreak, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  4. almondj

almondj Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input, I was thinking a network would help :D.

almondj, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  5. Grumps

Grumps Peon

Best Answers:
    I use to hit $700 per month on adsense before i sell my gaming forum away. When you have something strong with active users, its not hard to earn a comfortable amount.

Grumps, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  6. grungemedia

grungemedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'e been earning about $20 a day average with AdSense. And $50 a month from a referral program, and $100-200 a month from various sales (scripts, packs, sites, etc.) So about $750 - $850 a month.

I have an offline job as an Educational Computer Technician and that definately pays the bills t about $2400 a month. (before taxes) So having a steady income (aside from script sales and game pack sales, my sites are all passive income with little to no work) around $800 extra per month helps.

Basically, find a lot of good content (my big sites are guitar tab and lyric sites, eg. FireTabs.com) get it created with a good system and good SEO titles and content layouts (I get an average of 2,200 unique visitors from Google per day). And build a large link exchange network. Even if you get 5 visitors per day from a site, enough of them can translate into a lot more. I have only 16 link trades in FireTabs, one brings as much as 5,000 unique visitors per day to my site, and another brings only 5 or so per week.

Advertising comes and goes, but links will almost always send you traffic. It has translated into over 12,000 unique visitors a day and really pays out. I haven't even spent over $20 in advertising, and the sites only been around 4 months. It's all good backlinks.

grungemedia, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  7. almondj

almondj Peon

Best Answers:
    You could always try selling some traffic to make a little extra income :D.

almondj, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  8. grungemedia

grungemedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha, can't now. Site got taken down, so most of that extra income is down the drain. :p Damn lawyers. Damn MPA, NMPA, and CMPA.

grungemedia, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  9. nextfx

nextfx Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice would be to create and sell your own product (physical or digital). Do something innovative that seperates you from the competition. Merging yourself into a saturated arena is a tough way to chase your peice of the pie.

We started selling our product last year in June and began making up to $12,000/month, with almost no startup cost or overhead. We researched the market, found a demand, and went in full force. We're currently working on our next innovation and look forward to seeing the success. Found a partner here on DP to help us with sales and things are looking promising. We look at our previous income as small compared to what we intend to acheive with our new offering.

nextfx, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  10. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't make that much, but I make enough to survive, I guess.

ForgottenCreature, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  11. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing alright, but not well enough to quit my day job. Growth in this business tends to start slow and then build quickly. The key is to keep pushing forward. Build your site(s) bigger each day, do some SEO work each day, and learn something new at a place like DP each day.

davewashere, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  12. twin

twin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I work on my day job because I have nothing to do :) I earn there per month what i earn per day in Internet :)

twin, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  13. nabil_kadimi

nabil_kadimi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should hire your boss

nabil_kadimi, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  14. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I make sites about things I love - whatever it is - cars, hats, monkeys whatever.

I spend some good time on it, and don't expect any real reward for a year. By this time, as it is a topic I know and love, the site will be good. When you put up quality people will come, and you will make money.

If you were not an expert when the site started you will be by the end.

Don't waste your time chasing high paying niches if you are not interested in the subject. A low quality site stands out a mile away - and you simply won't get anywhere.

You will have to put in time and effort. Once the quality is there, it will snowball. Maybe not as quickly as you would like, but it will happen.

Quality pays!

cosmonaut, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  15. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I make enough. As long as I see my ideas being executed and my plans bearing fruit, I'm happy. Always shooting for the next higher level but I don't pin my contentment on any dollar figure.

webmasterlabor.com, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  16. Methane

Methane Peon

Best Answers:
    I absolutely don't buy that. unless you are making $200 a month at your job.
    -Methane

Methane, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  17. looking4

looking4 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is another line of work that you get what you put into it, no free lunch

looking4, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  18. cicero

cicero Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never really made a big income with adsense or affilates. My maximum per month has been some 48$. Anyway I don't really have to depend on my online income since I have enough cashflow from my day jobs.

cicero, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  19. G-hamsteR

G-hamsteR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm. I think you are wrong with this.

G-hamsteR, Oct 13, 2007 IP