1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Analytics showing incorrect stats for your site??

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by DropWizard.com, Oct 7, 2010.

1. petercrouch

petercrouch Guest

Best Answers:
    It is not true statement that Google Analytics show incorrect stats.
    Right statement is Google Analytic does not show exact results.
    SEMrush

petercrouch, Oct 22, 2010 IP
    SEMrush
  2. archaeo_girl

archaeo_girl Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a pretty significant disparity between my daily Google Analytics and StatCounter numbers. For yesterday alone, StatCounter showed 850 pageviews and 311 unique visitors, while Google Analytics shows 1086 page views by 111 visitors!!
    I mean, I can take a little difference here and there, but the numbers I get are so far apart that I can't really work with them!

I've contacted the webmaster to make sure that the codes are properly installed where they should be- they are.

I am having the same problem with my other website.

My own visits are blocked on StatCounter and aren't being logged, and I have the visit lenth time thingie set to 30 min.

This is bizarre and I am really not sure what's going on here and what the problem is (and with which code). I guess I'll be adding Yahoo! and/or Bing codes as well to see which of the stat programs produce most similar results.

archaeo_girl, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've already said in this thread why statcounter over reports visitors - it counts dynamic ips as separate visitors - Google Analytics drops cookies, so it knows that a visitor with a dynamic ip is ONE visitor, not several. Look in the visitor paths in statcounter for those using AOL and you'll see it most clearly - everytime the ip changes even in one session , statcounter thinks it's a different visitor, GA doesn't becuase it has dropped cookies in the browser of that visitor.

magda, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  4. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Few options are available for you
    1) try any other free program
    2) Give some burden on pocket to purchase the any traffic program
    3) GA and Stat counter have different methodologies to track the visitor can't get the same.

How many times you are facing this problem from GA or if this is happens same with others also you can contact with google also for this issue.

all the best

madhav, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  5. waxler007

waxler007 Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't had any problems with Analytics reporting so far.

waxler007, Nov 1, 2010 IP