1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is 'amount of product' has any effect on SERP for eCommerce?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kroyal, Dec 14, 2012.

Hi everybody, i would like to know that the amount of product has any effect on SERP(serch engine result page)? like I have 100 products on my and my competitor has 200 product on his site and for this reason will he be on the top for this SEO factor on specific keyword?

kroyal, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  2. livesbest

livesbest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. In fact, you might be better off with having just one product on your site and optimizing your site all around that one product. Very focused, versus trying to build rankings for hundreds of pages.

livesbest, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  3. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, it all depends on how better are your online marketing strategies than your competitor. Your SEO strategies must be far better than your competitor.

promowebeveron, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  4. SS-Q

SS-Q Banned

Best Answers:
    I disagree with the replies above, especially the guy pushing to just sell a single product. The number of products can definitely help him, but not directly. Indirectly those extra products means he has a bigger website with more internal links. Really it basically means he has about 100 extra backlinks that you have to overcome. In the end it's just a matter of creating a better link profile than him. It's not like Google actually considers number of products as a ranking factor.

SS-Q, Jan 8, 2013 IP