1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is AlertPay has chargeback system like PayPal?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Terano, Mar 27, 2008.

As title says,,,,

I just want to know, is alertpay has chargeback system? Coz, I know we can funding our AlertPay acc using CC.

I need your opinion about this question.

Thanks

Terano, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  2. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Their method of handling chargebacks is similar to PayPal's. They do have one account option which is supposed to have better chargeback prevention, assuming that you create a good refund policy.

hav0c, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Chargeback is a service offered by the banks which issued the credit cards as a form of protection for their customers against merchants who do not play fair. The bank customers goes to the bank directly to request for the chargeback whereby the bank would query the merchant about the transaction and request for information.

Most times because what we deal with are virtual products and online transactions does not require the verification of a physical card, signature and other tell-tale signs, with online transactions, banks usually favor the customer. When that happens, it is almost certain that the customers would win unless you can prove that you physical shipped the item and the customer signed for it.

The standard Paypal accounts which we used have rudimentary fraud detections and mainly depends on the trust it has on its customers in providing accurate information and so on, as such they can offer a lower fees in their service. Other payment processors may invest heavily in fraud detections and all that and thus would be more expensive but you end up with a lower percentage of fraud.

I have not tried Alertpay but I would be 100% certain that when it comes to chargebacks, they face the same fate as Paypal because the banks have the ultimate control and basically the ultimate judge in the matter.

Remember that it is the best interests of Paypal to actually ensure that there is no chargeback because when a chargeback happens, they will not only have to give up the fees they earned from the transaction, they will also share part of the penalty cost and have their reputation blacken by the situation. Not only that, most times the seller would have withdrawn the money already and paypal would have to refund the money to the bank out of their pocket.

eddy2099, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  4. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would say the system will most likely be the same especially when it comes to money funded by credit cards.

cool_78, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  5. d1976

d1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think paypal is the best one for me.
    i use paypal for my online transaction.
    if you have no paypal account create online paypal account through my blog also.

d1976, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  6. silvalex

silvalex Peon

Best Answers:
    I think everyone has to have some sort of chargeback system

silvalex, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  7. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    not for me...:D there is a new system that verify the purchase calling the cc owner before it bill from the CC... and hence it dont allow chargeback... this make sure that the card is not stolen or used without the owners knowledge.... and if they try to chargeback then the system will deny it and the CC company go back empty hand... for more info, try google where i got there link....:D

Pervert-For-Life, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  8. Terano

Terano Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your opinion.

Terano, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  9. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure that's illegal under the current credit card protection laws. I can't imagine a system promising those payment terms. Visa or MasterCard will simply reverse the charge or alternatively in the case you describe, cut off any affiliation with the payment processor. Most payment processors depend on a relationship with Visa/MC. Payment protections and chargebacks are very unfortunate in the case of digital sales; you can't prove you've delivered the product like you can in the physical world. However, ultimately... it seems like a necessary evil. I've also been falsely charged for online services that I'd canceled and the protection was necessary. I have found that while there's some bad apples out there, the ability to accept credit card payments (and resulting profit) has far outweighed the chargebacks I have received. Best of luck to you...

nonyf, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  10. machinegun87

machinegun87 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnx for the bundle of info in this thread.

machinegun87, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  11. kolucoms6

kolucoms6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    eddy2099 , Very well explained .

Thanks.

kolucoms6, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  12. ray weber

ray weber Peon

Best Answers:
    alertpay is the most easy thing to charge back!
    im doing all the time because of frude of Forex.

use it,
    very very easy

ray weber, Nov 17, 2015 IP