1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is AdSense checking IBL?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ohcnetwork, Feb 19, 2005.

I've been wondering about this. Is AdSense checking IBL? For example, if page A links out some movie websites and has IBL from movie websites, does AdSense display ads related to movies, even if there is basically no word associated to movie in page A?

ohcnetwork, Feb 19, 2005 IP
  2. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say no. AdSense is designed to be relevant to the page it is on. If you have links to movie sites on the page, it might take those links into consideration, but not the links from movie sites.

stephfoster, Feb 20, 2005 IP
  3. ohcnetwork

ohcnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    But isn't it true that Google creates the map of the website's neighborhood by observing its IBL and outbound links? AdSense is developed by the same people, so isn't there some similarity there?

ohcnetwork, Feb 20, 2005 IP
  4. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Same people, but different programs. IBL's etc are used to help determine SERP's. It's the content on your page that determins ad's displayed.

It shouldn't matter who you are linking to, it should matter what you are writing about, as that is what is of most interest to your readers.

wendydettmer, Feb 20, 2005 IP
  5. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think wendydettmer is right.

Choosing AS Ads by links would some kind of stupid - they MIGHT have nothing to do with what's actually written on the page.

Hijacker, Feb 20, 2005 IP